YesNoOk

Jack Krauser (PotS Style) by Varo_Hades (Read 10495 times)

Started by RagingRowen, October 15, 2019, 10:48:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Jack Krauser (PotS Style) by Varo_Hades
#21  October 22, 2019, 02:50:45 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
There's an AI bug on Knife Combo Super where its an infinite when it hits. You can't get out of it until you're KO'ed.
#22  October 22, 2019, 04:01:43 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
You know there are some problems with them (and I get that the first problem is out of your ability to fix so I don't dig into that) but simple stuff like damage scaling or excessive powergain is just "acknowledged" without doing anything to fix them? This is kinda halfass attempt to fix stuff based on feedback tbh.
That's being said, he at least made more senses than previous version but the character can still get out of hitstun early, which ruins tight combos a lot. You really should look into that.
#23  October 22, 2019, 04:07:20 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
The damage scaling problem is odd because the helpers seemed to have the dampening code and related fvars.
Similar story with the poweradd, the getpower line on the Arrow helpers is pretty much identical to, for example PotS Geese and Jmm's Kyo.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#24  October 22, 2019, 04:14:45 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Helpers can't read root or parent vars without an appropriate redirect. From the peeks I've seen in PotS' coding, he multiplies the damage scaling var in hitdefs themselves. That's why the damage scaling fails for helpers even tho the scaling var is counting down otherwise. I would suggest looking into how PotS or Jmorphman did it since varo_hades' coding is too incompetent to use as reference.