YesNoOk

Sonic, Shadow and Tails from Super Smash Bros Showdown (OG by Xihark/MH) (Read 3734 times)

Started by niserika, July 15, 2019, 04:10:10 am
Share this topic:
Sonic, Shadow and Tails from Super Smash Bros Showdown (OG by Xihark/MH)
#1  July 15, 2019, 04:10:10 am
  • I am (not) Rika.
Ok so I've had these dudes in my HDD for way too long, and it doesn't seem like the full game will be reuploaded ever, so I'm "releasing" them.

These characters come from a fangame called "Super Smash Bros. Showdown", released around 2007 on VGAForums. I was a part of this forum (as wheelman543) and managed to grab the game during its peak. Although I currently don't have the game anymore, I kept some characters from this project, which I will be posting here as I don't want them to be lost forever.

Sonic, Tails and Shadow were edited originally by Xihark, with additional sprites by TruelyEpic. The original characters come from the "Freedom Fighters 2" Full game by MugenHunter, which I'm sure many are familiar with. The characters are in general much faster than the originals, and feature additional supermoves. A more detailed readme is provided for every character.

Sonic movelist:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Tails movelist:

Shadow movelist:

My edits are as follows:

General edits:
  • Edited out the specific SSBS mechanics (knocking out of stage, autoturning, respawning, among others).
  • Removed the name trigger lock code, which would cause characters to spaz out when used outside SSBS.
  • Tweaked the damage values a bit to make the characters more balanced, since the original SSBS game relies heavily on knocking characters off-stage to cause damage.
  • Removed Shields, shield rolls and shield breaking, and replaced with regular MUGEN guarding.
  • Replaced Sonic Battle portraits with higher quality equivalents.

Shadow specific edits:
  • Added a soundpack based on the Shadow the Hedgehog game.
  • Added a teleport move to Shadow, used by holding C or Z, and moving in a direction, at the cost of 500 power. This was his shield roll in the SSBS game.
The original CNS and CMD files for Shadow are provided in the download.

Downloads:
Sonic
Tails
Shadow

Screenshots:

All in all, enjoy these characters! I haven't touched these in years, so this will be the first and only release.
Re: Sonic, Shadow and Tails from Super Smash Bros Showdown (OG by Xihark/MH)
#2  July 16, 2019, 10:19:02 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i wish anyone else can edit more mugenhunter's characters because these are the best sonic characters anyone's ever made

it's a shame you won't be able to do anything else