YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 743866 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1281  December 11, 2018, 04:18:20 am
    • USA
Reggie said to expect characters that will not usually be expected to be in smash at all.

aka, nobody in the game in any form is gonna be DLC. its probably gonna be mostly third parties
#1282  December 11, 2018, 04:27:13 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
oh boy i sure hope an snk character will be dlc
#1283  December 11, 2018, 04:31:08 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I mean...those three do kinda fall into that category, unless we're excluding anyone that anyone's ever thought of ever.  Lip's obscure and Japanese only, Shantae's comparatively a nobody with a much more recent resurgence that many wave off as still not a big enough character to warrant getting in and Chorus Kids....Chorus Kids are a freaking mini-game.

Like I said, probably nothing, not really three I want other than to finally be enough with the modern generic anime looking kids for DLC anyways, but just makes me wonder why they'd do that but not do it for the likes of, say, Shovel Knight?

I have also noticed that on social media like Facebook, the company behind Shantae have been taking every instance possible to retweet about Smash and Shantae's sticker inclusion and how happy they are to be involved in some capacity.  Which is rather nice, to be honest, but also probably points to that's all to expect from them this game.
#1284  December 11, 2018, 04:34:08 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Reggie said to expect characters that will not usually be expected to be in smash at all.

aka, nobody in the game in any form is gonna be DLC. its probably gonna be mostly third parties

Maybe there's hope for Porky after all, then.  Next year is Mother's 30 anniversary, after all. 

But for real, after the first two DLC characters turned out to be freakin' Piranha Plant and freakin' Joker, I think that the only thing that can be safely assumed is that nothing can be safely assumed.  The DLC could be a completely left-field 3rd party guest with almost no association with Nintendo or it could be some nameless rando that Sakurai thought might be neat.  At this point we're not doing ourselves any favors trying to guess at patterns.

The closest we have to even an educated guess at this point would be Banjo-Kazooie, and that's only because of the Rareware stuff they found in the datamine.

lui

#1285  December 11, 2018, 04:34:28 am
    • USA
when they mean unexpected they mean truly unexpected in the vein of cloud and joker

both source games (FFVII and P5) have never appeared in a single nintendo product at the time of release. nobody expected them and kept saying "yeah but why would nintendo pick them when they were never even on a nintendo game, etc."

so we gotta think outside the box. who's *truly* so unexpected it'll be DLC?
#1286  December 11, 2018, 04:45:15 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Vegeta.

I mean, it would be the perfect way to spite both sides of the "Goku should/n't be in Smash" argument, no?
#1287  December 11, 2018, 04:57:44 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
this website is stupid
#1288  December 11, 2018, 05:08:37 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i beat world of light and managed to get all endings
#1289  December 11, 2018, 05:49:56 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Finally killed the entities of light and dark! What is NG+?
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:59:42 am by DarkWolf13
#1290  December 11, 2018, 05:52:28 am
    • USA
both source games (FFVII and P5) have never appeared in a single nintendo product at the time of release. nobody expected them and kept saying "yeah but why would nintendo pick them when they were never even on a nintendo game, etc."

I mean, when you phrase it like that the first thing that comes to my mind is still Porky.  A character from a dead - yet still hugely popular - franchise that even the most die-hard fans have come to accept will never get any more acknowledgement, and even then not the first character those fans would think of when asked for their first pick.

I totally get where you're coming from and I'm not saying you're wrong per se, but I still wouldn't go too far on the "only unlikely longshots nobody's asking for" train of thought.  Sure, Sm4sh did get Cloud out of nowhere, but it also got The Next Fire Emblem Protagonist and the winner of the Most Popular Character in the Entire World contest.

it has come to my attention that there's a video of sans theme from undertale as a new track in smash ultimate but it was copyright claimed by nintendo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUeYEIA7_0&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0TLkz4PdR-WnLDqzewgYsocWylKdgDgs2wCStZbtoevtv7JtFS7epzyXA&app=desktop

does this mean anything for smash? also how would one go about proving if this is real or fake?

It was a fan remix that was labeled as a Smash Bros song as a joke and got caught up in the wave of copyright strikes Nintendo threw at everyone who was leaking the actual soundtrack.  Nothing to see here.
#1291  December 11, 2018, 05:57:55 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
From a business standpoint I can't see the whole deck being Jokers

There's no way there's not at least one "fan favorite character" in there

Still pulling for Dragon Quest representation though, I haven't been able to get that out of my head
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1292  December 11, 2018, 01:07:24 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
From a business standpoint I can't see the whole deck being Jokers

There's no way there's not at least one "fan favorite character" in there

Still pulling for Dragon Quest representation though, I haven't been able to get that out of my head
You say Dragon Quest rep, but if we're following Reggie's hint of the whole DLC deck being Jokers, then Crono from Chrono Trigger would be more likely.
Everyone expects a Dragon Quest rep, but absolutely NOBODY expects a Chrono Trigger rep.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1293  December 11, 2018, 03:54:18 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#1294  December 11, 2018, 05:37:32 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#1295  December 11, 2018, 06:24:14 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
NG+ in this game is awesome. It's so satisfying to tear through the tough spirits and bosses with my OP as hell character. And, on the plus side, there's only one challenge in the game that's tied to NG+, so it's not an absolute requirement.

Oh, by the way, this game is amazing.
#1296  December 12, 2018, 01:53:46 am
    • Mexico
when they mean unexpected they mean truly unexpected in the vein of cloud and joker

Anything works so long as they're negotiable video game characters. For all I care, they could get fucking Kazuma Kiryu in and they'd be able to justify so. I just hope irony isn't a bitch and there's not a single goddamn Fire Emblem character in the Pass.
#1297  December 12, 2018, 05:00:03 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
OK, I know we have Assist Trophies that can be killed but I had no idea those like Tiki, Dr. Wright and the Pac-Man Ghosts can be killed
Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:55:22 pm by DarkWolf13
#1298  December 12, 2018, 01:54:07 pm
    • USA
Basically, any ATs that actively participate on the battlefield can be attacked.  IIRC, you can even KO Color TV-Game 15.
#1299  December 12, 2018, 02:30:11 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Got the game last Friday. Started the next day.

My experiences in a short rhyming statement:

I'm having a blast,
I'm cooking with gas,
And I'm kicking your ass!

Long story short, this is a far superior product than Smash Bros for 3DS and WiiU. The adventure mode is a load of fun as well as spirit board. I have learned about many games that I never know existed all thanks to them.

A few points I would like to make:

1.) Is there a reason why I can't zoom in on the spirit's pictures? Seems like a basic thing that should be in the game. I think a short description of the characters would be appreciated too, since some of them are really obscure. Although I am surprised that they included assets from more recent games like Mario and Rabbids. That one is fresh on my mind.
2.) Why can't I bring Mii Fighters into classic mode? I want to beat up master hand with my creations.
3.) While I am pleased to see Atlus having representation in Smash, can't they bring someone else in than someone from Persona 5? I don't even have a Playstation all of my life, so I never played Persona, nor cared for it. I have played plenty of Shin Megami Tensei games. We can bring in someone iconic from those games easily, like Jack Frost or Pixie. It is my same complaint with Final Fantasy and Cloud. There are plenty of memorable characters from Final Fantasy other than Cloud. Maybe bring one of them in.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1300  December 12, 2018, 03:59:48 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Square Enix has very expensive stuff to use in another developer's content. Sakurai was lucky enough to even get Cloud in Smash. As for the Mii Fighters, they can't be used in Classic Mode because every fighter has a title that makes sense in their game of origin and are assigned certain fighters as well as Bosses because not every fighter has Master Hand as the final boss. The Mii Fighters have no real backstory and were created to the player's heart's content.
Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:57:11 pm by DarkWolf13