YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1578560 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#161  April 25, 2013, 09:55:18 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#162  April 25, 2013, 10:10:02 pm
  • SNK is life
Just put them out of their misery already.  They can stick to their act of publish Mario/Zelda/Kirby games every year IN ALL PLATFORMS instead.
#163  April 25, 2013, 10:14:52 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
3DS is selling more weekly than PS3, Vita and PSP combined.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#164  April 25, 2013, 10:27:04 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Just put them out of their misery already.  They can stick to their act of publish Mario/Zelda/Kirby games every year IN ALL PLATFORMS instead.

^^ PREPARE TO DIE!!

..if a horde of nintendo fans sees such a "blasphemy" .
I mentioned something similar on another forum a few days ago and got almost buried in angry replies about how nintendo games can't be on other platforms because they are so innovative and would not make fun on other consoles and it would be the death of nintendo etc.

Personally i would love to see Mario, Samus, StarFox, Kirby etc on just all available platforms. The move to not have a big conference at the E3 might be smart though. It seems like nintendo has only a handful of games to show but this handful will most likely be the games everyone wants to see for the wiiU (new smash bros, mario, zelda..1-2 surprises too) for that..a longer nintendo direct than usual and playable versions for the press on the E3 should be enough this year.

3DS is selling more weekly than PS3, Vita and PSP combined.[/url]

And this is compensating the loss of over 140M for Nintendo in the 2012 fiscal year..how?

#165  April 25, 2013, 10:32:34 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
They're not doing as bad as you think.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#166  April 25, 2013, 10:39:30 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
And this is bad how? They've shown that they don't need a bloated one and half hour presentation at a convention and instead use the monthly Nintendo Directs which have been shown to be successful at hyping up their releases.

Not showing things in E3 is not the end of the world for Nintendo.

And this is compensating the loss of over 140M for Nintendo in the 2012 fiscal year..how?

You have no idea do you? They have so much money in the bank it's ridiculous. They won't suddenly go bankrupt from a small loss like this especially when this loss is a first in Nintendo's history.
#167  April 25, 2013, 10:53:04 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Second, but the point still remains that Nintendo is FAR from bankrupt. As for ditching E3, I think it's a mistake since it will give them a lot more exposure than Nintendo Direct will, but we'll see what happens. I want the Wii U to do well, but they really need third party support to do well. That Mistwalker RPG looked nice, but I need a little more to convince me to get it as a second console.
#168  April 25, 2013, 10:55:08 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

But in all seriousness, this might not be the best idea.  After they bungled the WiiU launch by under-hyping it and putting out the console before any of the games were done, they may have wanted to put on a big "we're still good for it" show to regain a little consumer faith.  I'm not saying a weak launch is a death sentence;  Hell, the 3DS launch was even worse than the WiiU and that thing is selling gangbusters now.  It's just that Nintendo should probably try a little harder to boost people's confidence in them.
#169  April 25, 2013, 11:03:40 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Saying Nintendo should be put out of their misery now is basically the same thing as wanting to put a healthy 20-something out of their misery because they broke their leg. Or even sprained their ankle, really.

And no, Nintendo is not a horse. >:[

To continue my dumb metaphor, this E3 thing would be like this hypothetical young adult with a broken leg declining to go to this annual get-together because they've been throwing similar parties of their own, except they're smaller and happen more often. Or something.
#170  April 25, 2013, 11:08:04 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

You have no idea do you? They have so much money in the bank it's ridiculous. They won't suddenly go bankrupt from a small loss like this especially when this loss is a first in Nintendo's history.

I have a lot of ideas and a lot knowledge about Nintendo, Sony and even good old Mindscape ;) But what has that all to do with me pointing out that the good salesnumbers of the 3DS does not compensate their losses from the last year? Also nobody mentioned that Big N could go bancrupt beause of their current situation. I myself believe they will be in a better spot in 6-9 Months but also believe that their current Console does not have a big future.
#171  April 25, 2013, 11:11:11 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hmm...

No Nintendo at E3?

Well, they are still doing smaller booths, so they are still in attendance, just not in full force.

And give the WiiU some time. It takes a while for consoles to be profitable.

And you need to get more games on there, that is for certain...

EDIT: and judging from the wikipage, they are back in the black in terms of finances.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#172  April 26, 2013, 02:32:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#173  April 27, 2013, 01:03:39 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
No big e3 presentation? Not needed. They have smash bros. TWO OF THEM. that will more than make up for it. (although i have no idea why they would use Nintendo directs to reveal games instead of revealing at e3, it's just smarter and people look at e3 more than Nintendo directs. oh well, Nintendo has always somehow made a profit out of wierd decisions.)
#174  April 27, 2013, 07:44:21 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Relevant?
NINTENDO CO., LTD. ANNOUNCES PROMOTION OF NOA CHAIRMAN TATSUMI KIMISHIMA TO NCL MANAGING DIRECTOR

Led Nintendo of America Since 2002

REDMOND, Wash., April 24, 2013 – Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NCL) today announced a planned promotion for Tatsumi Kimishima, current chairman and CEO of Nintendo of America (NOA) and a director of its parent Nintendo Co., Ltd. Subject to shareholder approval, he will become NCL managing director, and transfer from NOA in Redmond, Wash., to NCL headquarters in Kyoto, Japan. In his new position, he will assume the roles of general manager of Corporate Analysis and Administration, and general manager of the General Affairs Division. These titles are currently held by Yoshihiro Mori and Masaharu Matsumoto respectively, both of whom are retiring. Kimishima will assume his new duties in Kyoto later this summer.

Kimishima was named to his current position at NOA in 2006. He first joined Nintendo in Japan in 2000, and was subsequently named president of Pokémon USA in 2001, before moving on to become president of the Nintendo of America subsidiary in 2002. Previously, he spent 27 years at Sanwa Bank of Japan, with multiple postings in North America and Central America.

Many of his current responsibilities, including the CEO title, will be assumed by Global President Satoru Iwata. The move will support the company’s unified global strategy, allow streamlined decision making and enhance Nintendo's organizational agility in the current competitive environment. Reggie Fils-Aime will continue in his role as president and COO of NOA, reporting to Iwata.

Other changes announced to Nintendo’s global board of directors can be found at http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/.

Sauce

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#175  April 30, 2013, 05:05:05 pm
the wiiu has apparently been hacked uh oh!!!

The WiiKey team (one of the first Wii modchip makers i think) claim they have hacked "completely" the Wii U.

Yes, its real - we have now completely reversed the Wii U drive authentification, disk encryption, file system, and everything else needed for this next generation K3y. Stay tuned for updates!

WiikeÜ

Wiikey U is the first and only optical drive emulator that allows you to play all your WiiU games from any USB media!

* Play your WiiU and Wii games from any USB media!
* Compatible with all WiiU models and regionsD
* User friendly intuitive interface
* No soldering required
* Multi-language support
* Supports most popular file systems, including EXT4/3/2, Max OS X, and NTFS
* Powerful embedded Linux system
* High-speed USB2 interface
* Firmware and FPGA fully in-system updatable from USB media
* Recovery mode - it is always possible to recover from a bad flash
* Stylish USB remote with powered USB hub and charger function
* Bulletproof high quality hardware (not manufactured in China!)

now i'll finally be able to play wiiu games for free, such as:
#176  April 30, 2013, 05:13:44 pm
#177  May 02, 2013, 12:14:54 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
For the first time since 1991, a new Madden game is not coming to a Nintendo Console this year. 
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34079

The new Zelda 3 sequel/remake has a normal and a dark world just like the original Zelda 3
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-57582222-222/exclusive-zelda-3ds-feels-totally-different-needs-to-be-played-in-3d/

Call of Duty: Ghosts was revealed to be for current gen and nextgen consoles. A WiiU version however was not yet confirmed. So far the only named platforms are PS3, XB360 and the PC.
http://www.examiner.com/article/call-of-duty-ghosts-wii-u-version-not-announced-console-left-out-again

#178  May 03, 2013, 10:47:38 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Wii U gets another price drop in the UK
Supermarket giant ASDA cut the price by another £50

The Wii U has been reduced in price in the UK for the second time in less than two months. Yesterday, supermarket giant ASDA started selling the Wii U 8GB Basic bundle for £149.99, a reduction of £50. Other online retailers have followed ASDA's lead, such as Play.com and Amazon.co.uk.

http://www.destructoid.com/wii-u-gets-another-price-drop-in-the-uk-253005.phtml

Posted: May 04, 2013, 09:20:33 am
rumor: The wiiU gets a new 3D Mario in October 2013
#179  May 06, 2013, 03:11:13 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
New stuff for the Nintendo E-Shops in Europe

eShop for 3DS
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (Nintendo) EUR 9,99
- The Starship Damrey (Level 5): EUR 7,99
- Bloody Vampire (Agetec): EUR 4,99