YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 338457 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#121  October 22, 2016, 01:13:19 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
AFAIK, Cloud isn't. There's a thread for the characters that are in the game somewhere in Idea Engineering I believe.
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#122  October 22, 2016, 01:15:44 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Nah. At one point, I was thinking of putting him, but I opted to go for Tifa instead..

The most you could see of Cloud is him appearing in a win or intro animation, but a full character? Unfortunately not.

I think its a good time to post the roster (what I hope to be the final roster) here, just in case anybody wants an idea of my future projects:

Spoiler: The roster of Capcom vs Square Enix (click to see content)

Get a glimpse of my future ahead of me. ._.

At one point, the planned SF boss was M.Bison (in his CvS2 sprites converted), but then that changed to Urien, then Q because I ended up liking suited Urien than undergarments Urien. Yeah...

EDIT: Made one last change to the roster.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:23:14 am by Hatter
#123  October 22, 2016, 01:47:46 am
    • Mexico
A roster the size of MvC2? Wow! That's a very ambicious roster there.
#124  October 22, 2016, 05:11:05 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Ahhh, it might just be me and my liking for the character but it seems odd to leave him out. But hey if you wanna do tifa thats cool :thumbsup:
And that roster is sick af.
Weird though that Q is the capcom boss, i mean i understand why, but he isnt a very boss like character.
Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:15:23 am by likiji123
#125  October 22, 2016, 05:16:49 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Ambitious indeed. With enough studying and resource gathering, I could potentially tackle them all.

I chose Q based off his game play, his seemed to be the most fun.
#126  October 22, 2016, 06:09:42 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
*sees chloe price in the roster*

FUCK.

YES!! :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#127  October 22, 2016, 01:32:34 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Ashley Riot? Oh great! I donĀ“t know how many hours I spend with Vagrant Story.
#128  October 29, 2016, 12:24:45 pm
  • Rawr!
Nah. At one point, I was thinking of putting him, but I opted to go for Tifa instead..

i'm actually disappointed to see that being said in a "Capcom vs Square Enix" title

both Ryu and Ken are like the unofficial mascot of Capcom and both of them are in your capcom side

BUT Cloud and Tifa are literally Square Enix mascots Cloud more than Tifa in my honest opinion.

when playing a cross over type game with Square Enix in it.. YOU'D EXPECT Cloud to be there.. no if's or buts about it.. especially when you have like what.. 6 people from Street fighter alone.. and don't say "but their from different street fighters" that's besides the point

yeah you're using several different Final Fantasy games but those are COMPLETELY different in every sense of the word.. different worlds, different stories entirely.. where as street fighter as a whole is practically the same freakin' thing.. i don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything i'm just stating that if you're gonna make a cross over title with square enix cloud should DEFINITELY be apart of it rather than tifa (would prefer both tbh)

that's like having a marvel vs capcom 4 game and not seeing any iconic marvel (pick one that sticks out in your mind the most) characters.. just saying.
#129  October 29, 2016, 03:23:12 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

i'm actually disappointed to see that being said in a "Capcom vs Square Enix" title

If you're disappointed by any of my choices, then tough titties. Read your entire "argument" for why Cloud should be in, but keep these in mind:
- this is an unofficial project. Ergo, I can pretty much do whatever I want.
- I'm one spriter at the moment. I chose certain characters based off how easy they are to translate into 2D, and Tifa fits right in. Cloud's equipment and outfit is a hassle and I don't want to go through with that (partly because I don't favor him much).

People before you have already been disappointed that I chose DmC Dante over the original. I didn't give a shit then, and honestly, I don't give a shit if you or anyone else is dissappointed that Cloud didn't make the cut. I can't please everybody.

I'm gonna ask for any discussion outside graphical feedback to stop here, I just wanted to show who I had in mind as sprite/char projects, you got to see it, hooray, now back to the main program.

Just so it wouldn't be empty.
#130  October 29, 2016, 03:34:51 pm
  • Rawr!

- I'm one spriter at the moment. I chose certain characters based off how easy they are to translate into 2D, and Tifa fits right in. Cloud's equipment and outfit is a hassle and I don't want to go through with that (partly because I don't favor him much).

that's all well and good but... hasn't Tifa and Cloud already been mugenized? ergo.. easier process and tbh shouldn't be that big a deal to comply with popular demand seriously i get its YOUR project and i do respect that.. but at the same time.. you're making a project not just for you.. but other people to enjoy.. and like i said having a crossover game with square enix in the title and NOT having one of its BIGGEST known characters is kinda weird.. just saying.
#131  October 29, 2016, 03:42:05 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
If you want a Cloud for MUGEN, then you have that one by Yamakichi or whoever made it you can play around with.

And I'm well aware that this is not just for me. One char doesn't make the cut, and he happens to be one of SE's most popular characters, does that mean the entire world will be disappointed and not want to play this? Some will, some won't. At the end of the day, I can't please all of planet Earth.

lui

#132  October 29, 2016, 06:15:11 pm
    • USA
Its already enough that hatter is creating almost all of his sprites for the gane from scratch, i cant imagine drawing his sword constantly either, it sounds like a nightmare hah

ExL

#133  October 30, 2016, 04:47:58 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
I don't like Cloud much neither I like DmC Dante at all,  but you know, I'd liked to see X with Zero in UMvC3, he's mascot and all and who cared about that in Capcom? Hatter's game - Hatters choice. Let's be on positive side here - we'll have Tifa, Gene, Vanessa, Asura, Chrono, Magus, Raziel, Neku and others made! Surely there's at least one character to hype about being made. I have plenty of characters I'll be super happy to see in mugen that was announced for project. There's no reason to be negative towards game by it's roster...
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

lui

#134  October 30, 2016, 04:58:35 am
    • USA
the fact that hatter is even drawing tifa and asura alone is enough to git hyped

ExL

#135  October 30, 2016, 05:44:49 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Yeah, when I saw Asura it was like "oh my! that's actually happening!?!" emotion. One of most bad@ass character and greatly sprited! Not belittling work on Tifa though, I'm watching the progress liking how she's fleshing out :sugoi:
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#136  October 31, 2016, 11:28:18 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
that's all well and good but... hasn't Tifa and Cloud already been mugenized? ergo.. easier process and tbh shouldn't be that big a deal to comply with popular demand seriously i get its YOUR project and i do respect that.. but at the same time.. you're making a project not just for you.. but other people to enjoy.. and like i said having a crossover game with square enix in the title and NOT having one of its BIGGEST known characters is kinda weird.. just saying.
This is really a narrow minded view. Hatter is under no obligation to comply with popular demand... and as you said, it's his project... ergo whatever he wants in it is up to him, unless you or anyone else are contributing anything to it you really have no right to say how the project should go.

And jeez... Cloud is overdone at this point.. I wish some games other than FF7 would get some recognition....

Just my few cents

#137  October 31, 2016, 11:45:58 am
  • Rawr!
This is really a narrow minded view. Hatter is under no obligation to comply with popular demand... and as you said, it's his project... ergo whatever he wants in it is up to him, unless you or anyone else are contributing anything to it you really have no right to say how the project should go.

And jeez... Cloud is overdone at this point.. I wish some games other than FF7 would get some recognition....

Just my few cents

how is it a narrow minded view?  and "Cloud is overdone at this point" are you joking me?

let's see the record shall we.

Ryu:
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Street Fighter x Tekken
Capcom Vs SNK
Capcom Vs SNK 2
SNK vs Capcom
Capcom Fighting Jam

Fan Projects:
Capcom Vs SNK 3
Capcom Vs The World
Mortal Kombat Vs. Street Fighter
POSSIBLY MORE here..
and now Capcom vs Square Enix......

Cloud is over done you say? don't make me fuckin' laugh. compared to Ryu he's only just beginning. but yet in a title with SQUARE ENIX he's getting no limelight? kinda dumb in my opinion and i'm entitled to it.. it doesn't make it narrow minded.. just expectations considering the title.. its common sense to put the main protagonist of FF7 on that roster.. but instead he went with Tifa the 3rd iconic person of that game title.

#138  October 31, 2016, 12:45:36 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Ryu is literally the main character of Street Fighter. Cloud is not. There have been a lot of Final Fantasy games where he wasn't present, which makes it less surprising that he's not part of this roster so far.

Go make Cloud yourself, if it matters so much to you. Hatter already made it clear he got too much to work with, and demanding for people to agree with you about "Cloud IS the face of Final Fantasy and he deserves to be in this game!" just makes you come out as a huge asshole. Not even people who begged for Goku in Smash Bros were this bad.

Shit
#139  October 31, 2016, 01:42:49 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Its his game. He can do whatever he wants.
#140  October 31, 2016, 01:51:04 pm
It's a bit strange to see Tifa cross her arms when turning. You should change her arms.