Share this topic:
Re: Sub-Zero/Scorpion
#81  September 24, 2011, 01:52:13 am
    • USA
...Made by the same guy who made the Yoshimitsu
#82  September 24, 2011, 03:56:42 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Lets get back on topic here though. the point was made already. seans work is great..and hes a speed demon of a creator. i wish i had your talent for spriting and coding sean
#83  September 25, 2011, 11:59:01 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Just letting you guys know I will probably have to bump Sub-Zero's release to Monday. I worked more hours than I thought I would this weekend, and I haven't had a chance to do his AI or add his EX Moves. I am off from work after tomorrow though, so I should be able to finish him and release sometime Monday night.

Download Last Bout now!
#84  September 25, 2011, 02:28:37 pm
    • Argentina
Oh, don't worry, you have a life outside from Mugen ;)
#85  October 03, 2011, 03:58:39 am
  • behold my power
    • USA
I would like to offer suggestions for Scorpion's LV3 and specials.

Scorpion's MK4 Throw(ala Fei Long) - QCB, K (air also or just air)
EX Throw floor bounces for juggling.
Diag. Spear which catches falling opponents and throws them away from Scorpion.

Startup: Short Dash (half-screen or quarter-screen) and Uppercut ala Final Mission.
Opponent is launched in the air, scorpion does an assault of teleport punches, alternates in hitting the opponent's front and back two or three times.
Scorpion is on the ground at the last hit, summoning a pillar of fire under the airbourne opponent.
Or instead of landing at the last hit, Scorpion does a God Press-like move, as the opponent lands under him, a pillar of fire rises from the ground and covers them.

so many hdd crashes QQ
#86  October 03, 2011, 04:13:43 am
  • Was it something I said?
For a level 3 super, you could do Scorpion's UMK3 Fatality where Scorpion teleports the opponent to the Netherrealm, and summons his clan to attack.

If so, you're gonna have to make it like Jedah's ground super, but make Scorpion grab the opponent though.

That's just a thought.
#87  October 04, 2011, 01:54:32 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
This is personally how I would handle Scorpion's movelist.

Spear
Fire Breath (works similar to Dhalsim's yoga fire or Raiden's poison breath)
Teleport Punch
Hellfire (works similar to Blackheart's inferno but smaller)
Flame Kick from MK deception (works similar to flash kick, but with DP command like Ingrid's)

LV1 Super - Inferno Breath (Works like Yoga Inferno or Raiden's Flame Breath from CVS2)
LV2 Super - Inferno Tower (Scorpion drags his spear along the ground beneath him like his MK9 winpose, but a giant flame pillar appears around him for a bit.  Similar to Gaoh's super from Samurai Shodown 5 Special)
LV3 Super - Journey to Hell (Scorpion throws his spear.  If it connects, he brings the opponent in and grabs the, dragging them with him downwards into the underworld.  The opponent's KO scream plays as a giant sinister pillar of flame, bigger than the one for the level 2, comes out of the portal with the opponent taking hits.  Maybe throw in some blood ala Basara's zetsumei ougi from Samurai Shodown 5.  At the end, Scorpion uppercuts his opponent out of the portal and teleports back to the stage.  For a special animation after the move is finished, Scorpion throws his spear after the uppercut to drag them back down into hell.)

For an alternate take on the level 2, I considered something like Blackheart's hyper, or a rising anti air like Geese's Raging Storm/Cassandra's super from ROTD.  The level 3 I had in mind being a punisher type super that came out very fast but was blockable, to punish reckless movements or unsafe attacks.  Instead of the flash kick, maybe an anti air spear ending with him dragging them across the ground a la MK9 would be a better choice..
#88  October 04, 2011, 03:03:38 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
That all sounds fine and dandy bout the mk9 drag thing but that involves some unique coding..sounds good though. they are all things he would do
#89  October 04, 2011, 03:05:26 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It doesn't require anything but a series of simple vels.
#90  October 04, 2011, 03:30:19 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Not quite home slice..either it features custom animations or a specific helper that creates the illusion of dragging..thats what his normal spear move is..but with your MK9 idea its a bit more complicated
#91  October 04, 2011, 04:54:36 am
    • USA
Badass. Thats the only word that fits the level 3.