YesNoOk

Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political) (Read 268373 times)

Started by Dumanios, September 06, 2016, 07:34:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political)
#381  April 17, 2018, 08:48:27 am
    • USA
Water is better than milk for cookies.
#382  April 17, 2018, 09:24:39 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Wow, I do remember the manga, and there were lots of anti bully and messed up stuff. It's like night and day Comparing manga and anime in the early days. I hated that if you didn't have good cards back then, you're fucked for real.
#383  April 17, 2018, 09:40:55 am
Well, to be honest, I thought the game got worse since they went full retarded on arche-types.
Arche-types has always been a thing, but they went crazy on Gladiator Beasts, DarkWorld and Light Sworn and forth. The problem isn't having arche-types, it's making them OP and easy.
For those who don't know what it means.
Basically cards that support each other through sharing cardnames.
So people make decks consisting of 40 cards from the arche-type and be done, no strategy.

Then came the arms race for Synchro summon and XYZ symmon.
Which needs you to summon faster and faster.
Sets like Black Wings, which let you easily summon 3 or more mosters in 1 turn,
so you can Synchro summon some OP monster.
Playing the metagame went from brainless to braindead.

When Konami started to reorganize, they luckily fixed a bit of this issues by introducing Pendulum Monsters.
New type of cards, which let players summon fast regardless of sets.
It balanced off arche-types and non-arche-types, but the mechanics on was broken.

Next came the fix by completely changing the format introducing Link monsters and the Extra monsterzone. Rules which basically restricts the player from spamming Synchro and XYZ.
Imho a great feature to balance the game. Although they made some cards almost unplayable now, sacrifice had to be made, I guess.
The new changes forces you a bit to use the Link monsters, which can be spammed. It's far less worse than 2 Black Wing Armormasters or 3 Stardust Dragons in 1 turn.
Now let's hope they don't break it again!
#384  April 17, 2018, 11:29:07 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
It's already busted. There are numerous 1 card links that can spam your ass off just like everything else. If anything, links are like better, more generic Synchros.

Regardless My fave format was 2011. I think that was Dark world/Sam Format? Heavy was banned. I enjoyed that. it was good.

I also liked the format following the first TCG (not OCG list)

As it stands, (and it has for a long, long time) YGO is a race to spam your huge ass shit off first and then set (or HOLD now, since the advent of numerous hand traps) your nopes to stop your opponent from doing the same.

Even worse are the decks like Master Peace, which just is huge and nigh-immortal or the freaking Trickstars, whose whole goal is to remove your hand turn one and then slowly burn you to death while you sit back and watch.

This is why I don't play meta decks any more. Round 1 is just basically a coinflip. rounds 2 and 3 are more interesting since the side deck comes into play, but I don't tend to play those and even if I did Trickstar and all the negates are just so unfun to fight I'd rather not duel them anyway.
#385  April 17, 2018, 12:59:21 pm
calm down bro we get it.
#386  April 17, 2018, 01:01:51 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
So nice he had to say it 12 times.

In terms of forum glitches this one has to be a record.
#387  April 17, 2018, 02:00:04 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
This post will be deleted, but does anyone got an idea why this happens?
#388  April 17, 2018, 02:34:42 pm

I agree, that's why I don't play meta either.
Lightsworn made it pretty bad, 5Ds and Zexal kinda killed it for me.
Call me a scrub, but I like to play casually more.

I know Link and Cyberse are spammy, but didn't know Link is already that bad though.
Haven't paid attention to it yet. I just enjoyed less Synchro/XYZ spam too much lol
#389  April 17, 2018, 02:56:43 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#390  April 17, 2018, 03:03:14 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
From Software, as critical as their games are... Has the dumbest name for a company ever.
#391  April 17, 2018, 05:35:27 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#392  April 19, 2018, 08:12:14 pm
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
Here's one (of at least a couple) unpopular opinion of mine that I'll post:
I don't really like Persona 5 all that much.  Now before you all go out on me, please hear me out.  While I won't deny that this is a very well-made game (let me just say that I am personally intrigued by the story, and I found the dialogue to be pretty good to boot), and that I don't exactly hate the game either, there are some things about this game that just don't appeal to me.  The first thing I would like to say is that the music in this game (at least from what I've heard so far at the time I've written this reply) isn't exactly the kind of music I personally would binge-listen to.  Personally, I am not a fan of Jazz music, and this game's soundtrack (again, from what I've listened to so far) is mostly comprised of Jazz music.  Secondly, I thought most of the characters in this game were mostly tolerable (although this may be because I haven't gotten that far in the game, as I've only managed to beat the first boss.)  And lastly, I didn't really care all that much for the artstyle, as I also found it to be off-putting to me.

Then again, this may be because I haven't played a Shin Megami Tensei/Persona game prior to this one.   And should I try out another game in the previously mentioned game series, my opinion on that game might change for the better.
#393  April 20, 2018, 12:25:44 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
If you liked the gameplay maybe you could try Persona 3 and 4 before you tackle a separate SMT series. Less art style overload like in 5 and more variety in music, maybe the characters might be more up your alley in those games. If not then try SMT Nocturne and SMTIV.
#394  April 20, 2018, 03:06:45 am
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
If you liked the gameplay maybe you could try Persona 3 and 4 before you tackle a separate SMT series. Less art style overload like in 5 and more variety in music, maybe the characters might be more up your alley in those games. If not then try SMT Nocturne and SMTIV.

I also forgot to mention that I found the gameplay to be a little on the boring side (once again, from what I've played so far).
#395  April 20, 2018, 05:35:25 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

The other lesser known He-Man.

Despite it being a copy paste of clips it's still better than the Dungeons & Dragons series as main characters were kidnapped against their will.  :catgoi:

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#396  April 20, 2018, 05:41:29 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The other lesser known He-Man.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CxVXRzRtM[/youtube]

Despite it being a copy paste of clips it's still better than the Dungeons & Dragons series as main characters were kidnapped against their will.  :catgoi:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_5F1zYQF5M[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JjhQ1Oi_3k[/youtube]
wrong topic ?
#397  April 20, 2018, 05:35:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#398  April 24, 2018, 04:52:52 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
I might be alone on this one...

I'm a bit tired of the mugen community's addiction/obsession with POTS.
Not that MVC is any better, I just feel like there's very little variety gameplay wise.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#399  April 24, 2018, 05:05:54 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
You're not alone. MvC is just so much faster, and guardpush of course. Hate KoF style because I can't combo at all with it.

GLB

#400  April 24, 2018, 05:12:58 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Fortnite isn't fun.
Pineapple is good on pizza.
Dane Cook and Jeff Dunham are not funny.