YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1004766 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#641  February 01, 2016, 05:19:08 pm
The Knuckles rap fucking haunts me.

Yeah most of the knuckles raps suck except pumpkin hill which I actually really like... for some reason.

Also I don't HATE SA2, But I have a lot of nostalgia for that game and got super good at everything getting A in every mission on every level trying to get green hill zone, which I never did get cause I don't have the patience for the chaos gardens.

My review of Sonic Adventure 2 is essentially I'M KNUCKLES, AND RAP RAP RAP, RAP KNUCKLES, GOTTA RAP RAP EMERALDS
#642  February 01, 2016, 05:49:01 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I have a special place in my heart for the conversation in Death Chamber's BGM between Sonic and Knuckles
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:52:16 pm by Speedpreacher
#643  February 01, 2016, 06:30:40 pm
I have a genuine place in my heart for Gamma's story in SA1.

lui

#644  February 04, 2016, 03:59:45 pm
    • USA
i have a special place in my heart for SA1's fishing levels.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#645  February 05, 2016, 05:15:34 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I have a genuine place in my heart for Gamma's story in SA1.

Picture this: you're a bird  :wacky:

i have a special place in my heart for SA1's fishing levels.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

They taught me how the fishing controls in that game were barely-explained fucking nightmares especially on the B and A rank levels.

I'd much rather play Gamma because they fucking nailed him in that game.

I have a special place in my heart for all the facial expressions personally.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:19:05 pm by MightyKombat
#646  February 10, 2016, 07:19:32 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
GTA Online: Stop playing cuz it's gets boring after some time. Same contacts missions, survival, etc.. Only play when new content comes out.. 
#647  February 21, 2016, 03:30:06 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Arcana Heart 3(vanilla):
After watching TBFP, I decided to revisit this one and the lack of play time shows.  Since I've only played it on-and-off since 2011, I don't have a specific Arcana that I like and Zenia is about the only
character I get a okay feel from (Guile/Elektrosoldat type commands).

A few trophies also seem insurmountable, specifically "No, I Expect You To Die." (I always end up getting an orange or green bar on the charge meter during Zenia's CH) and "Atatatatatatata" (My button-mashing is fine for games like MGS, but how do you expect to do the ultimate version of Akane's CH without a turbo controller?)
#648  February 27, 2016, 05:46:34 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Devil Survivor- Overclocked (3DS)

This is the closest I'll ever get to playing a real Shin Megoomi Tensay game at the moment (since the only other titles I played are Personas 3 and 4), but it's still a good SRPG. Oh, and Midori Komaki is worst girl.

Tales of the Abyss (3DS)

The combat system is fun and Tear is fucking gorgeous. That's all I can say for now.
Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:49:52 pm by Winnigish
#649  February 28, 2016, 11:08:49 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Tear is hawt yeah but Natalia gets an amazing costume later on
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)

lui

#650  February 28, 2016, 11:19:52 pm
    • USA
N.O.V.A 3 - Freedom Edition
The ONE gameloft that that is actually COMPLETELY free. No stupid paywalls, no premium currency or a stupid energy system, the entire game is free and I'm liking it alot.

For a mobile Crysis rip-off (it stopped being a Halo ripoff a LONG time ago) it holds up pretty well. I played with a gamepad using Tincore keymapper to map the physical controls onto the virtual buttons, goddamn it makes such a difference, when you do that the game plays MUCH better and is actually pretty damn fun online too! It's like a complete console shooter on the go which is always nice, such a shame though it eats up your proccessor power lol
#651  February 28, 2016, 11:33:37 pm
^^ What he said.

Gran Turismo 6

Definitely better than 5. The obvious more cars and circuits. Engine sounds are still laughable though. Netcode sucks unfortunately. Haven't fiddled with the track creator yet either. Driving's top notch but that's not exactly a surprise or anything. And go-karting, fun. Overall it's not spectacular but it does the job well enough.
#652  March 04, 2016, 03:53:27 am
    • USA
Tear is hawt yeah but Natalia gets an amazing costume later on

Might have to take yer word for it, cuz I haven't even met up with Nutella yet. Last I played, I beat that creature what was threatening the cheagles or whatever you fucking call those li'l snugglebutts.
Speakin' o' which, Mieu is fucking adorable. FIRE!

ANYWAYS

The Darkness (Xbox 360)

Not too familiar with the comic this is based on (I flipped through a few pages of a compendium, but that's it), but man, if it's as fun as this vidya adaptation, I might just give it some more attention. And Mike Patton voicing the titular force just fits.
#653  March 05, 2016, 02:47:19 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Dark Souls 2: First Scholar (PS4)

I've been a Souls player for quite a few years now, with me feeling as though Bloodborne was the weakest in the series. Which doesn't mean it's even a bad game, it's really good, but not my favorite of the franchise... ...until now. Dark Souls 2: First Scholar... I was sticking with for two weeks now, I liked the change up of enemy placement, that's great! What started pushing me away was how some areas began having a random chance of spawning red souls. All the tactics that I had been dying, memorizing and planning ahead for started becoming useless when random enemies of a random class kept spawning in and fucking up the flow. Wasting time taking them down and having to go all the way back to a bonfire because I had zero chance of making it to the boss... Sometimes even TWO red enemies would spawn in an area, one after I killed the first!

RNG did not make this skill based game any harder for me, it made it stupid.
#654  April 13, 2016, 05:04:25 am
    • USA
Siren (PS2)

Pretty much ignored the fact that there are alternate routes in certain segments since I'm more concerned with surviving than working towards said paths only to have a Shibito end me.
#655  April 15, 2016, 07:49:07 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Perfect Dark(N64):
I've had this for a month and I'm not enjoying as much as Goldeneye.  Though the upgraded AI is welcome, the game feels more hard than "fun" like its spiritual predecessor.
In fact, most of the levels just make me want to clear them, do the time trial and never return.  I get a distinct lack of charm to the single-player levels.

Also, 3 of those final 5 multiplayer challenges reek of unbalance. 
Challenge 26 has those annoying Reaper-accurate Simulants, Challenge 28 is a first, bitter, taste of those DarkSims,
and Challenge 30 keeps feeling like an exercise in agony.
So in an uncharacteristic move, I decided to save my sanity by giving in and performed the 'challenge clear' glitch.

27/30 challenges beaten legitimately (Well.. maybe not. I used the 'hidey hole' trick to beat Challenge 29) is a good number.

@Orochi Gill: Did any of PD's challenges give you any grief, or did you have little trouble beating all 30 challenges?
#656  April 15, 2016, 08:13:06 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Shit that was forever ago that I did them.

Uhh let's see...

15, 16 (before learning of the camping strategy with proximity mines), 18, 20, 22, 26, never did any of the Darksim ones.
#657  May 12, 2016, 10:16:36 pm
Yo-Kai Watch (3DS)

Just played a demo at a game store, took me a little while to get it. Fun game though, cute too.
#658  May 28, 2016, 05:29:29 pm
    • USA
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)

A download code for the digital version came with my console (along with a physical copy of Ghosts), so I decided to give it a spin after letting it sit on my console's hard drive for god knows how long. I'm still green when it comes to the multiplayer component, but I loved the Zombies mode.
#659  May 29, 2016, 02:33:27 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Honestly, Zombies was better in WaW and BO1. They've been trying to make the recent maps more "complex" but it makes it way too easy to get lost and not know where you're supposed to go. At least the earlier maps you knew where everything was after a game or two.
#660  July 09, 2016, 12:54:25 am
    • USA
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)

I've only completed the first stage of the first world, but so far it's a really solid follow-up to DKCR. And as a fan of the original SNES DKC, I have to say that it's not only great to hear some new compositions from David Wise but something of a nostalgia trip for me (even though my younger self never even beat the second half of the second world in the original DKC, but man did those tracks blow my mind). Anyways, I might get back to it once I'm done watching some LPs of some weird mid- to late-90s/early-00s survival-horror titles.