YesNoOk

Running of the Bulls (Pamplona) (Read 4008 times)

Started by CpnCrossfader, January 28, 2018, 09:31:42 pm
Share this topic:
Running of the Bulls (Pamplona)
#1  January 28, 2018, 09:31:42 pm
    • UK
Just a little fun stage I put together- it's a Frankenstein's monster of a load of sprites and animations thrown together to create a brand new stage based on the Running of the Bulls festival in Pamplona.

Has parallax, animation, zoom, shaking floor, and Bizet's Toreador overture from Carmen mixed with rumbling floor noises as the soundtrack.

Download here:  Pamplona

Sources: The bulls and dust are from Fatal Fury Lawrence's stage, the floor and buildings are from Capoeira Fighter but separated for parallax. The dancers, guitarist and man in red are from SFII's Vega stage and the crowd are from World Heroes' Big City stage. Finally, the sky comes from King of Fighters' NYC skyline stage.
Apologies, no idea who the authors of these rips are.

Edit: The bulls eyes are now no longer demon red!
Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:03:26 am by CpnCrossfader
Re: Running of the Bulls (Pamplona)
#2  January 28, 2018, 09:48:40 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Whoa, there's even bulls in the foreground. I did not expect such great depth, very nice work. Surprised there never was a Running of the Bulls stage in any SF2 wannabes thinking about it.
#3  January 28, 2018, 09:52:00 pm
    • UK
Thanks. I think in real life there are only about 6 bulls in total, but that's no fun!
#4  January 28, 2018, 10:06:29 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Neat idea!

Only nitpick: I would change the eye color of the bulls, they look like demons with those red eyes :D
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#5  January 29, 2018, 02:55:46 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Neat idea!

Only nitpick: I would change the eye color of the bulls, they look like demons with those red eyes :D

here's my only nitpick, it's something to do about the zoom

after i choose this stage when the word round 1 appears the camera moves over to the character player 2 is playing
#6  January 29, 2018, 10:02:44 am
    • UK
Neat idea!

@cenobite 53 -Thanks, I'd meant to change that- now done, link updated :)

after i choose this stage when the word round 1 appears the camera moves over to the character player 2 is playing

No idea what you mean, sorry @Drewski90- this does not happen to me. I would suggest editing the zoom settings in the file to match your resolution perhaps.
#7  January 29, 2018, 01:34:59 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Neat idea!

@cenobite 53 -Thanks, I'd meant to change that- now done, link updated :)

No idea what you mean, sorry @Drewski90- this does not happen to me. I would suggest editing the zoom settings in the file to match your resolution perhaps.

what zoom settings should i set it to in order to prevent the camera to being focused at player two whenever round 1 appears
#8  January 29, 2018, 01:44:55 pm
    • UK
I was thinking you could try and change the "startzoom" setting to suit your game. Mine does not react in the way you describe so I can't really help, sorry.

Any experts?
#9  January 29, 2018, 01:52:14 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I was thinking you could try and change the "startzoom" setting to suit your game. Mine does not react in the way you describe so I can't really help, sorry.

Any experts?

i know but thanks anyway this stage looks great
#10  January 29, 2018, 06:48:33 pm
OH!FUNNY!THANKS!
#11  February 09, 2018, 06:42:33 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Creative concept. I considered something like this a while back...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#12  February 15, 2018, 01:54:56 pm
    • Austria
Thanks for that nice Stage. I´ve got only one Problem:
When I´m using it on Mugen 1.0, The Bulls in the foreground are "invisible" They only appear as soon I use a Super Attack and vanish in a Flash again