YesNoOk

how to "interactive custom state for both players"? (Read 749 times)

Started by Jessy, August 18, 2011, 11:40:54 pm
Share this topic:
how to "interactive custom state for both players"?
#1  August 18, 2011, 11:40:54 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
(if is the right forum section)
How I do that? I explain something like the Wrestling games when you do the pin, both players will press, depending of that the pin will be success or not...
I think in this:

P1 do a throw,p2 is grab, then the p2 must be null or escape from that pressing x and other buttons many times, then the p1 must press the same to do the throw(attack) successful and damage the p2......

how to do that?

-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
Re: how to "interactive custom state for both players"?
#2  August 26, 2011, 04:16:24 pm
Mmm.. I have done that before ^^ if for a closed game better. Just get both player to a stateno (use p2stateno and stateno with the propper triggers), then in this new state, set a variable, use any anim u want and any other controllers u like. In the change state, u can use var(x) > enemy,var(x) depending on the var u set.. And use varadds triggered by command = "x" or any other command :) I've done it before like that and worked ^^ remember to add 3 dif. Changestate:

1- Win
2- Lose
3- Draw

I believe thats enough :) Hope it helped
Re: how to "interactive custom state for both players"?
#3  August 26, 2011, 10:51:13 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Yea, basically you need to use variables with this kind of situation. Unfortunately it's considered rude by Elecbyte to change one of the opponent's variables.  You don't know if they are even using it.

But I suppose you could do it another way. For the player, set a Var(0), and Var(1). When opponent presses button, tell it to change state. For the player, make a trigger to add to Var(1). 'trigger1 = Target, StateNo = #'. When player's Var(1) is at the value you want, let the opponent go, I guess.
For Var(0), do the same thing. Add to Var(0) when button(s) are pressed. Just make the player throw the opponent when Var(0) reaches the #.

That's about what I can do without breaking an opponent's own variable.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."