YesNoOk

Hunter X Hunter Nen Impact (Read 806 times)

Started by Dark Waifu, April 25, 2024, 11:43:43 am
Share this topic:
Hunter X Hunter Nen Impact
#1  April 25, 2024, 11:43:43 am
  • Passing Through

New footage just came out, 3v3 MVC3/DBFZ style controls

Official trailer

System details (from https://twitter.com/GREATFERNMAN/status/1783505312638697794)
2D 3v3 team game
Special moves do not have motion inputs and are done with a direction and the Arts button.
Supers (Aura Arts) are done by pressing a direction and Nen Impact + Arts
The game has auto combos when you press the Rush button and Light, Medium or Heavy

Nenpact (Nen Impact) is a universal mechanic.
Standing N armors highs and mids from frame 1, but loses to lows
Crouching N armors highs and mids later in its animation but it is useful as an anti air, and leads to an air combo on hit. The air combos must be manually done

Overgear is a move you do once per match
When Overgear is activated, your character's damage and speed increase
The amount they're increased by depends on how many characters are left on your team
It can be activated in neutral, during an attack, or during blockstun

Quickgear allows you to use your recoverable health to power yourself up for a certain period of time
This can be used during moves (other than supers)
The duration of the power up depends on the amount of health spent

Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 11:01:28 am by Dark Waifu
Re: Hunter X Hunter Nen Impact
#2  April 26, 2024, 12:07:25 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
looks terrible, I was waiting for something like dragon ball fighterz
#3  April 26, 2024, 01:14:42 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
 they are testing the water for the sequel :) if the price is 20/30 dollars for this psx2 game i will buy it
#4  April 26, 2024, 01:49:10 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Worth mentioning that the game is being published by Bushiroad, who prides themselves in their creed of giving developers way smaller budgets than most are able to really work with. Especially for licensed games, which most of their games seem to be (and most of them have done bad because of said budget.)

Eighting (the developer) is doing their best with what they got and honestly, the gameplay itself looks fun. But even as someone who doesn't care about graphics, the presentation is kind of weak overall. At least the people who are EVO Japan to try it seem to like it.
#5  April 26, 2024, 02:01:31 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

I think it looks kinda slow for the kind of game it's supposed to be. Eighting making a 3v3 tag anime fighter isn't exactly a strange concept when you think of them as the marvel 3 guys, but that game has a particularly fast pace, and a lot of the movement and attacks in this game look kinda sluggish despite a lot of them being similar in concept or distinguishable in some other way. I also think people kinda just see a fighting game developer use a big anime license and think they're immediately going to become arcsys and make something that would have both the cultural impact and general visual spectacle of dragon ball fighterz when that isn't entirely the case most of the time. It happens to a lot of other stuff too, though most of that is people specifically asking arcsys to make a game based on X license.
#6  April 26, 2024, 11:36:10 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Also: each time you lose a teammate, you gain an additional level of super, just like old KOF games. Max level carry is five.