YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2436519 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#1301  July 17, 2009, 04:02:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
As much of a Ranma fanboy as I am you would think I'd like Inuyasha. I just never can get into it and seem to get upset when I see former Ranma characters reincarnated in here. That Happosai fly thingy just taunts me to no end :P (*misses Happosai)
#1302  July 17, 2009, 04:08:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am still wondering WHEN THE FUCK is the new ranma ova being released, tho I think it's already been cancelled.
#1303  July 17, 2009, 04:11:59 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
I've enjoyed Rumiko's older works like Ranma 1/2 and Mermaid Saga, not Inuyasha at all :P
#1304  July 17, 2009, 05:11:34 pm
  • Luck can be statistics or superstition.
    • Malaysia
    • http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User:Mineko_Charat_Lucky
I still have not got Axis Powers : Hetalia in DVD.

Yay, Italy is a little boy shouto. XD

I am but a living fossil these days.
#1305  July 17, 2009, 05:14:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
As much of a Ranma fanboy as I am you would think I'd like Inuyasha. I just never can get into it and seem to get upset when I see former Ranma characters reincarnated in here. That Happosai fly thingy just taunts me to no end :P (*misses Happosai)
I liked inuyasha when I saw the first five episodes or so, I had a codec malfunction that made everything sped up half a second.
When it kicked into normal time it was so slow that it bored me to tears.

Give me ryoga over the whole Inuyasha cast any time.
#1306  July 20, 2009, 06:55:27 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Umineko is up to a nice pace and haruhi is trolling, aoi hana is very enjoyable, and I am watching older series instead of following more series this season.
#1307  July 20, 2009, 08:59:19 pm
  • I like absurdist comedies and epic things.
As I am way behind the anime times in terms of my anime collection (aside select titles like xxxHolic, Noein, Witchblade and the recent Full Metal Alchemist season 1 set, among a few others), I am focusing on older titles for now.

Last week, I've been trying out Beast King Golion, having watched up to episode 6 or 7 so far. I'm rather disillusioned with it, as the characters aren't really endearing me. :-\ I may have to give this one away once I'm finished with it.

Before that, I've been watching Funi's streams of Fist of the North Star on their website. Solid. 8) I oughta get Discotek's release of the movie, one of these days.

I'm holding off on Golion for now and am currently focusing on K.O. Beast. I'm rather disappointed, as I read in the reviews that it would be hilarious. Turns out that the humor's not absurd enough for my tastes. I'll give that one away, too.

Meanwhile, I've started watching the first season of Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex on weekends and am up to episode 3. Very nice. The resolution to the episode plots certainly make me think...
KudosForce, scavenger/packrat of games and anime that are the cream of the cream!

card sagas wars is gonna own put this in your signature if you agree
#1308  July 20, 2009, 11:13:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I have yet to watch that season, but I remember that the manga of gits had several different cases in all the chapters which ended uphaving a common factor which ended up being the last chapter/arc.
#1309  July 21, 2009, 01:57:03 am
  • all is love in fair and war
fan services in GITS happens only as projected image or computer interface, very rare to see real fan services. :-\
#1310  July 21, 2009, 02:09:51 am
    • Malaysia
I'm currently/finally watching Umineko now and, a very nice start and OP.

#1311  July 21, 2009, 05:15:09 am
currently watching sayonara zetsubou sensei all of the characters are pretty weird
#1312  July 21, 2009, 04:24:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Every character is su0possed to represent a social problem in japan, that series made me take a good reading at wikipedia articles on japan's social "problems".

what's your lag on the chapters, like this week c04 is out so intheory you should have already watched chapter 03, unless instead od watching it on the web youa re getting chinesse dvds.
#1313  July 21, 2009, 05:52:01 pm
talking about japan social problem, how about  Welcome to NHK, pretty funny too
#1314  July 21, 2009, 05:57:57 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yah, that's about hikikomori though I only read the manga up to what had been transalted to that point, then instead of resuming reading it I read negative happy chainsaw edge, by the same author.
#1315  July 22, 2009, 02:34:44 pm
    • Malaysia
Every character is su0possed to represent a social problem in japan, that series made me take a good reading at wikipedia articles on japan's social "problems".

what's your lag on the chapters, like this week c04 is out so intheory you should have already watched chapter 03, unless instead od watching it on the web youa re getting chinesse dvds.
Nope, the first time I'm looking at Umineko is also the first time I'm downloading anime from the Web and watching it.

#1316  July 22, 2009, 04:24:14 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I read the whole Welcome to the NHK manga in one night... it was so depressing to see the many similarities within Satou and myself. D:

And I've only seen 4 episodes of the anime. Love the ED BTW.
#1317  July 22, 2009, 05:29:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
How did you like your surprise lesbian in hyakko ?

Nope, the first time I'm looking at Umineko is also the first time I'm downloading anime from the Web and watching it.

cool, you might have a kick by checking the umineko forum at anime suki, either by commenting chapters or by joining the theories topic.

#1318  July 23, 2009, 02:39:56 am
I read the whole Welcome to the NHK manga in one night... it was so depressing to see the many similarities within Satou and myself. D:

And I've only seen 4 episodes of the anime. Love the ED BTW.

so you peeked doll's patsu in a shop display too  ;P ?

don't worry I would do the same, not in a stupid way like try to tie your shoe lace, but more like examining the product and try to find the price tag that maybe sticked under the shoe or something
#1319  July 23, 2009, 02:58:13 pm
    • Malaysia

#1320  July 25, 2009, 04:46:06 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.