YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 338510 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#221  July 03, 2017, 04:25:55 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I could definitely lessen how far the back foot travels back, it could probably make it more natural. I'll give it a whip soon.

This is a generic forum signature.
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#222  January 07, 2018, 10:09:05 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Using this to resuscitate the thread, even though I wanted to show a completed animation. balmsold taught me some new tricks, and I just started trying to study animation (like, really recently), so maybe we'll have decent results... hopefully.

I'll have some complete animations in like two or three weeks if I don't engage in full-on lazy mode...
#223  January 07, 2018, 10:29:08 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Tifa was Sakura all along! I KNEW IT! So THAT'S how she grew up! : O

That's looking pretty smooth so far~
#224  January 07, 2018, 10:42:22 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^ Yep. Sakura and Karin were the basis I decided to rebuild Tifa on, and it turned out well, if I'd say so myself. I'm pretty much gonna be using SFA/MvC bases when applicable to certain characters. Makes life a whole lot easier.
#225  January 08, 2018, 03:17:18 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
That looks really good!

Glad to see the project is still alive!

#226  January 12, 2018, 01:59:06 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
AGH!! Happy to see this is still going on. Been quite a long time since I was around. Hope all is well!

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#227  January 14, 2018, 05:17:55 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Its going fine.

Aside from needing to make separate crouch > idle frames to account for hair movement (the small tufts), I like how this went.

I'll have an Asura animation (and maybe a couple wips for Asura) for viewage. Maybe I'll stream to keep myself accountable, bc I have the tendency of procrastinating, and I don't want to procrastinate anymore.
#228  January 14, 2018, 09:26:47 pm
    • USA
Would absolutely love to see some Asura, he might be my most anticipated Wip going right now

Also love to see your back to work on Tifa and your project in general
#229  January 16, 2018, 12:28:17 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Coincidentally, Asura and Tifa were some of my most desired characters for Mugen after Adell from Disgaea.
You're gonna have crazy fun coding them for sure.

Sprites are looking pretty good, too. The bouncing gives it a lot of life.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#230  January 19, 2018, 02:54:55 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm actually considering getting a coder to help me with stuff once I knock an alpha out the park, because let's face it, I'm not a MUGEN coding wiz.

Have a preview of Asura's new idle for now (just to keep the interest alive):

As you can see, it still needs cleaning, and animation on certain parts (e.g. hair, and a snarl, as per the suggestion of Alpha Proto/Jared J. Lee). Once this one is complete, I'll stream the next animation, to get the Twitch stream game to kick off.

#231  January 19, 2018, 02:58:56 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Seeing characters with a stance like that always makes me think of Capcom's work with Wolverine.

It's looking great, my guy.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#232  January 19, 2018, 03:04:14 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Seeing characters with a stance like that always makes me think of Capcom's work with Wolverine.

It's looking great, my guy.

Funny you mention Wolverine, I actually plan on using (when applicable) and referncing Wolverine to the brim to nail the wild quality down. Watching some of the Lost Episodes in Asura's Wrath, he has moves that really do feel like Wolverine's and the Hulk's moves in the MvC games.

Thanks for dropping by.
#233  January 21, 2018, 11:19:16 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
So, the crouch is finally done.
What's next?
#234  January 21, 2018, 02:55:46 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well, if you're talking about Tifa then it should be the remainder of her movement sprites:

walks, turns, jumps, dashes

^ in that order.

However, those won't come until after I finish at least the two Asura animations I said I'd finish, idle and crouch > idle.
#235  January 23, 2018, 01:09:56 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I'll be glad to help you if you ever have any problems code-wise. Lots of people would be happy to actually.

#236  January 23, 2018, 01:11:19 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Right here lol
#237  February 12, 2018, 02:05:16 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Appreciate it men.

University sidelined me to all heck, so unfortunately, more wips:

< about 75-80% done.

< some sketches for her normals, you might recognize the inspiration for some of them.

To make up for not finishing it like I said I would, I'm dropping two more names from the Square Enix side:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The stream thing is still going to happen. I'll post the link once the idle is finished. By then, I should have figured out the streaming settings.

EDIT: received some nice edits of Asura from balmsold, will be implementing them ASAP.
Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:38:28 am by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
#238  February 12, 2018, 08:55:30 am
    • USA
That Sora sprite looks good.
#239  February 14, 2018, 07:38:04 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Sora is definitely a big one. Coding wise there's so much to him that its like neverending fun, but at the same time a huge hassle.
DEFINITELY can't wait to see where that goes.

Never heard of Tiki, but he's appealing to me so bring it on. I like new things

Edit:
The only few inspirations I noticed were some of Chun-Li's CvS sprite kicks.

#240  February 14, 2018, 11:14:30 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
oh cool!