YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734408 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch
#141  May 25, 2018, 11:56:47 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I agree, it seems unnecessary to include characters that have no preexisting legacy of their own.  It's not Smash's job to make icons out of obscure characters.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#142  May 26, 2018, 12:26:24 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Falcon got the anime. Where do you think the Falcon Punch came from? The same place Reflector did?

Surprised you didn't say Game and Watch. He's... A gray area though. Not really a true character before Melee, but not complete BS either...
#143  May 26, 2018, 12:34:19 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#144  May 26, 2018, 12:49:01 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Falcon got the anime. Where do you think the Falcon Punch came from? The same place Reflector did?

Super Smash Bros. original Japanese release date:  January 21, 1999.

F-Zero: GP Legend anime original premiere date:  October 7, 2003.

Swing and a miss.
#145  May 26, 2018, 02:04:35 am
    • USA
Where do you think the Falcon Punch came from?

Sakurai's ass.

Either way my point stands.  Smash Bros is not just there to give you your favorites, it's also there for Nintendo to promote less famous characters.  I used Falcon as an example because he was a literal nobody before Smash 64.
#146  May 26, 2018, 10:50:00 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Soon you will all bow down to Doshin the Giant.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#147  May 26, 2018, 02:04:44 pm
Either way my point stands.  Smash Bros is not just there to give you your favorites, it's also there for Nintendo to promote less famous characters.  I used Falcon as an example because he was a literal nobody before Smash 64.

Fire Emblem became a massive hit in the west because of Smash, so yeah good point.
#148  May 26, 2018, 06:47:25 pm
    • USA
I would say F-Zero owes no small amount of its popularity to Captain Falcon's presence in Smash Bros.  Pretty much his entire persona came from the way he's portrayed in those games.  You could easily make the case that the story mode for GX and pretty much the entire anime would not be the way that they are if not for Smash turning him into a toku hero back when his only traits were being a bounty hunter that also races.  Kid Icarus is the same way, Pit had literally zero personality until Brawl brought him in as a goofball kid hero and then we got Uprising out of that.  Smash Bros pretty much gives these characters a chance to get a new lease on life.  And even so, like it or not, these guys are a part of Nintendo's history.  They may not be doing Mario or Pokemon sales numbers, but they're irreplacable nonetheless.
#149  May 26, 2018, 07:12:04 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
F0X would have still done very well with or without Smash 64. Smash most likely helped shed more light on GX and the original, but X was considered yet another 64 classic.
#150  May 26, 2018, 09:04:42 pm
    • USA
X predates Smash 64 by a year.
#151  May 27, 2018, 01:33:04 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Where do you think the Falcon Punch came from?

Sakurai's ass.

The same can be said for Ness. Earthbound wouldnt be a cult classic if he wasn’t included in 64 or Melee.
#152  May 27, 2018, 01:49:41 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
That's not what cult classic means

If you want to argue there'd be no Mother 3 without it you'd probably be right
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#153  May 27, 2018, 04:36:23 pm
Waluigi is nothing more than a meme choice, that's the thing. Even Goku has more solidity than him, due to his history and anime icon status. Waluigi doesn't have any oomph, any character, any real anything in any Mario game backing him like... Even Rosalina? Rosalina at least had a story. All Waluigi has is a random Mario Kart stage. If Sakurai were smart, he'd make a Waluigi Pinball stage to cash in on the meme.

Ice Climbers are a legacy in what? Smash? Certainly not their original and only game. Balloon Fight is the cult classic, and we already got a trash stage off of it.

Sakurai can like Castlevania as much as he wants, it means nothing if Konami won't reply or deny.

Cloud and Bayonetta wrecked the meta enough. Ridley would be the giant baby that would destroy the womb that is Smash, I guess.

It's the fifth game in the series, dude. I think it's time to start adding obscure and minor characters such as Waluigi and whomever, because who else is there left?
#154  May 28, 2018, 10:49:54 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Waluigi is nothing more than a meme choice, that's the thing. Even Goku has more solidity than him, due to his history and anime icon status. Waluigi doesn't have any oomph, any character, any real anything in any Mario game backing him like... Even Rosalina? Rosalina at least had a story. All Waluigi has is a random Mario Kart stage. If Sakurai were smart, he'd make a Waluigi Pinball stage to cash in on the meme.

Ice Climbers are a legacy in what? Smash? Certainly not their original and only game. Balloon Fight is the cult classic, and we already got a trash stage off of it.

Sakurai can like Castlevania as much as he wants, it means nothing if Konami won't reply or deny.

Cloud and Bayonetta wrecked the meta enough. Ridley would be the giant baby that would destroy the womb that is Smash, I guess.

It's the fifth game in the series, dude. I think it's time to start adding obscure and minor characters such as Waluigi and whomever, because who else is there left?

Pink Gold Peach
*runs*
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#155  May 28, 2018, 12:59:59 pm
Let's add another swordsman and have those already complaining, complain even more! :D
#156  May 28, 2018, 06:36:46 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
this website is stupid
#157  May 28, 2018, 07:33:08 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
At this point, the only thing that would disappoint me in terms of character additions is if the new characters don't revolve around a special mechanic or playstyle that makes them unique.  Smash 4 set the bar pretty high by having nearly every newcomer have one of those, with Mac's power meter, Rosa's Luma, Shulk's stances, etc.  The character itself could be anyone, and I'd be fine as long as they've got something really cool going for them in their gameplay.
#158  May 28, 2018, 09:05:16 pm
    • USA
#159  May 28, 2018, 09:33:49 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
The one that was chosen out of 3 popularity contest winners because one was most likely a meme or joke, and the other was a singing robot schoolgirl.
#160  May 29, 2018, 01:34:00 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
So, any actual news of the game, or are we just talking and waiting for more news?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!