YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557232 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 7 [full])
#141  December 29, 2011, 11:58:16 pm
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
I cannot use this software!  i can get in it but the icons and everything else do not fuction I'm really looking forward to test especially the new font creation option, Please help

Thanks
Now that's quite strange... so when you start FF3 it does load, yet once loaded the interface and everything else don't work at all isn't it?
Very rare. Being such a strange thing to report, you should give as many details as possible. I think you must post which version you're using (FF for Windows or Linux) and probably the Operating system version
(whether you're using Windows XP, vista 7, or GNU/Linux being it Ubuntu, Debian, etc. Also if it's 32 bit or 64 bit architecture.)
What hardware you have (processor, graphics card, etc.) also screen shots showing the problems.
Otherwise it would be impossible to know what could be wrong with your case.

This isnt a bug, more of a request. I still edit for winmugen. I'm switching my chars to 1.0, so I'd like to be able to launch my char in either. I'd like to see the 2nd mugen launch button come back. Have one launch say 1.X and one with a Windows icon or something like that. This way I can text in both easy.

FF3 does work for WinMugen. you just go to tools -> options and add it. so if you have added MUGEN 1.0 and WinMugen, the next time you press that test button FF3 will ask which MUGEN you want to use to test.
#142  December 30, 2011, 02:03:32 pm
    • parsemugen.webnode.com.br/
Nice! I'm still getting used of the palettes of sff2, like not displaying the default I chose.

Btw, I found a bug when creating a new clsn and then clicking the right button of the mouse instead of the left.
Zero-Sennin reported this but I can't reproduce. What do you do exactly? Steps to reproduce, probability of occurence....

. Open a new project, click animations, click on the +clsn (red or blue), left click for the first point, keep holding the left button, drag, and then right click for the second point of the clsn.

Error:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#143  December 30, 2011, 03:45:04 pm
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Well, checking the stuff I had posted in the FF3 Development Thread, I remembered some stuff:

- Mad girlfriend bug: a bug whose immediate effect remains hidden - the app outwardly seems to function normally and tells you that everything is fine. by [jeduan-cornejo]

FFClassic seems to suffer the Mad girlfriend bug , ;) which I reported:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Everything seemed correct with the SFF, Yet, MCM would show the problem and  that's the very reason I needed MCM to test SFF files, and find some surprising issues. In my hunt for bugs, I was a little... unconfident since FF3 is still beta software (you know, we may make mistakes... thus programs may be buggy or do undesirable stuff.)
Yet all this has given me an idea! Turns out I had an extra backup for the SFF file, but I can't seem to find any difference, both have 904 sprites but one weighs 1275KB and the other one is 1274KB. I'm just leaving the one with the latest modify date, but I really don't know what the difference is. Did I change a sprite's axis or something?
Now since FF3 allows backups, what if it allowed us to compare two char's files? (not just text files like WinMerge, but also SFF and SND files) It would be useful to know what changes make the difference between two versions of two chars! (since WinMerge is Open Source, I think this would be relatively easy)

Now about the variables. It seems both FF3 and FF Classic have a variation of the mad girlfriend bug.
When you click the "Var Log" button in both FF3 and FF Classic, it works, everything seems fine, yet I found that FF Classic skips cmd varsets, which I reported here: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=120142.msg1320789#msg1320789
To find that out I had my manually made documentation log for the variables. Yet for FF3, even though the tool had been improved and had more nice options; more stuff was missing, and it was easily noticeable with a quick comparison between what FF Classic generated and what FF3 generated. I had thought of a suggestion to improve that button:
1: make it also generate a 2nd list that will consider only helper variables (both float and integer) (varsets within states that are called by the helper state controller)
2: make it also generate a 3rd list, yet not of variables, but of states that are to be considered helpers (states that are called by the helper state controller)
3: make it also generate a 4th list, of Helper ID numbers being used.
4: make it also generate a 5th list, of HitDef ID numbers being used.

basically an automated char document metadata generator.

And, well, in the bunch of suggestions I made I also thought of this:
All this reminded me...
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=103022.0
I don't know how this works for SFFv2 but...
How about improving Fighter Factory's capabilities so we don't need other programs to do things like that?

As an anecdote I don't know what I did exactly, but I remember my whole SFF changed the base palette. I was using FF Classic (before the commemorative edition was released) and I was editing some sprites, changing some pixels colors with the built in editor, and when I tried the char it was blue (2nd palette) instead of red (main palette, sprites palette), it was blue even when I opened with MCM, I was so puzzled!  :S lol...  ;D

I noticed the following in the image editor.
It would be nice if the color picker also marked the color in the palette at the right.  I used that in FF Classic since you didn't have a separate window to edit the sprite, now I cant! I know the "pick color from the image to find it on the palette" is still there, but now it's impossible to click it with the image editor open. If the image editor's "color picker" also did that it would be awesome!

I hope this is not too much to ask. I'd like to say that's just my two cents... but I think I'll keep testing and I may add something.

EDIT
found a little issue with the interface that allows you to import sprites from one char to another.
When you change the numbers in the group (# to #) the radio button doesn't automatically move from the "All" section to the "Group" one, so you will still import all sprites if you don't notice the radio button hasn't automatically changed.
#144  December 30, 2011, 05:22:31 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
I've ran into new problems.

1. Import from another project for animations crashes and doesn't work. (I'm trying to import from Flandre Scarlet (has SFFv2) into another character with SFFv2). Importing sprites works but animations crashes.
2. The define new colors from file to palette function doesn't work with .png or any image files which SFFv2 otherwise natively supports. Also It couldn't load the .pal file I saved with painsthop pro. So basically, I'm unable to load palettes from images I make at all that way. What I laod the advanced palette editor, I can open the image, transfer the colors, but can't put it into the character, I have to save it as an external act file first then load it with that function instead. also annoying. The advanced palette editor should allow saving your palette directly into the project.
3. Whenever I try to open or add any file while editing a character, it starts in FF3's folder instead of the current character's folder which is very annoying as I have to navigate back...same goes for saving.

#145  December 30, 2011, 09:01:28 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
. Open a new project, click animations, click on the +clsn (red or blue), left click for the first point, keep holding the left button, drag, and then right click for the second point of the clsn.
Fixed. But you don't need to right-click for the second point, just release the left button. The right click is to exit the CLSN mode.

Yet all this has given me an idea! Turns out I had an extra backup for the SFF file, but I can't seem to find any difference, both have 904 sprites but one weighs 1275KB and the other one is 1274KB. I'm just leaving the one with the latest modify date, but I really don't know what the difference is. Did I change a sprite's axis or something?
Now since FF3 allows backups, what if it allowed us to compare two char's files? (not just text files like WinMerge, but also SFF and SND files) It would be useful to know what changes make the difference between two versions of two chars! (since WinMerge is Open Source, I think this would be relatively easy)
I don't copy source code, and WinMerge works with text files, is very different to binary files.
To check if everything is OK, test in Mugen, not MCM. MCM isn't perfect.

Now about the variables. It seems both FF3 and FF Classic have a variation of the mad girlfriend bug.
When you click the "Var Log" button in both FF3 and FF Classic, it works, everything seems fine, yet I found that FF Classic skips cmd varsets, which I reported here: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=120142.msg1320789#msg1320789
To find that out I had my manually made documentation log for the variables. Yet for FF3, even though the tool had been improved and had more nice options; more stuff was missing, and it was easily noticeable with a quick comparison between what FF Classic generated and what FF3 generated. I had thought of a suggestion to improve that button:
1: make it also generate a 2nd list that will consider only helper variables (both float and integer) (varsets within states that are called by the helper state controller)
2: make it also generate a 3rd list, yet not of variables, but of states that are to be considered helpers (states that are called by the helper state controller)
3: make it also generate a 4th list, of Helper ID numbers being used.
4: make it also generate a 5th list, of HitDef ID numbers being used.

basically an automated char document metadata generator.
:o a bunch of lists. If i'm not wrong (I don't code Mugen stuff  :) ), but if the helper uses ChangeState, I'll need to track any changestates starting from the helper stateno, that's a bit complex.

It would be nice if the color picker also marked the color in the palette at the right.  I used that in FF Classic since you didn't have a separate window to edit the sprite, now I cant! I know the "pick color from the image to find it on the palette" is still there, but now it's impossible to click it with the image editor open. If the image editor's "color picker" also did that it would be awesome!
If you are in the image editor, use the image editor color picker, otherwise use the palette editor one, simple, no?

found a little issue with the interface that allows you to import sprites from one char to another.
When you change the numbers in the group (# to #) the radio button doesn't automatically move from the "All" section to the "Group" one, so you will still import all sprites if you don't notice the radio button hasn't automatically changed.
Fixed.

1. Import from another project for animations crashes and doesn't work. (I'm trying to import from Flandre Scarlet (has SFFv2) into another character with SFFv2). Importing sprites works but animations crashes.
Fixed.

2. The define new colors from file to palette function doesn't work with .png or any image files which SFFv2 otherwise natively supports. Also It couldn't load the .pal file I saved with painsthop pro. So basically, I'm unable to load palettes from images I make at all that way. What I laod the advanced palette editor, I can open the image, transfer the colors, but can't put it into the character, I have to save it as an external act file first then load it with that function instead. also annoying. The advanced palette editor should allow saving your palette directly into the project.
Add a new empty palette in the SFF, then open the Advanced Palette Editor. Create your new palette and hit "Commit changes". The solution is here, you just don't looked to it. :D
About PNG, use the Open image function, FF3 will ask if you want to open the palette.
About the .pal file, send it to me. I had no issues with this format.

3. Whenever I try to open or add any file while editing a character, it starts in FF3's folder instead of the current character's folder which is very annoying as I have to navigate back...same goes for saving.
FF3 starts in the last used directory. If you open a char, hit 'Save as' and the starting directory isn't the char path, send me screenshots, system information and anything useful.

I'm working on some things now. I will release a new update later.

Thanks!
Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:02:56 pm by VirtuallTek
#146  December 30, 2011, 11:32:46 pm
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
I have a problem in my right arm  :-\. As soon as possible I will fix the bugs reported when I fix my problem first  :P.
Hi there... so, you feeling better?

Noticed two little details
1.- when changing project tabs from char to char: I leave a char at a certain part of the sff (with a certain sprite on screen), and when I come back it's at sprite 0,0 instead! I don't remember well, I think you said there was a way to override this behavior?

2.- Now sometimes when pressing the save sprites button (the one that saves your work at the SFF file) it will just save, but other times it will ask for which version you want to save as if you had clicked "save as" and not just "save".

3.- Also the "Save as" dialogue isn't very clear. I was in doubt about what I should choose. It says
MUGEN beta
MUGEN 1.0
MUGEN 1.1

now I guess it should look somewhat like this:

MUGEN beta (SFFv1.1) (CURRENT)
MUGEN 1.0  (SFFv2.0)
MUGEN 1.1  (SFFv2.1)

but the important part is that it should tell you what format this SFF is currently in!
it should make you notice that the one it shows selected is the actual format!

I don't copy source code, and WinMerge works with text files, is very different to binary files.
To check if everything is OK, test in Mugen, not MCM. MCM isn't perfect.
uhmm, well right. WinMerge's capabilities are good for text files, (and most MUGEN files are just text), I don't know if comparing the other files would be possible.
I was using MCM as a shortcut since it was a pain to load MUGEN and get into the desired state and then see if the sprite (which just flashes for a split second) looked correctly or not. Or  change a whole bunch of code, animations, commands etc. to test it.
With MCM it was just open SFF and see sprite. Yet, now since FF3 SFF creation / edition seems to be bug free, that's not a problem anymore.

:o a bunch of lists. If i'm not wrong (I don't code Mugen stuff  :) ), but if the helper uses ChangeState, I'll need to track any changestates starting from the helper stateno, that's a bit complex.
Well, yeah, a bit too complex now that you mention it. Yet, if people here think it's worth the effort, would you do it please?

If you are in the image editor, use the image editor color picker, otherwise use the palette editor one, simple, no?

hmm... yeah, but when using the image editor I don't know which color from the palette I'm using, and that was my advantage in FF Classic. it's just a single simple change, adding one of the capabilities of the palette editor to the image editor. I have added a very similar color to the palette, it's so similar the difference is from RGB 147,255,123 to RGB 148,255,123 (I added the later to the palette for color separation purposes) So, if I want to manually edit details in the image editor I would like to know which "Green" I'm using, and that can't be known by simply seeing the colors (because in other palettes it drastically changes, but in the original one it's quite similar, so when I remap pal in MUGEN I get the changing weapon Megaman effect).

... Oh well, let's see, I think this screen shot explains it better.

#147  December 30, 2011, 11:53:25 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Create your new palette and hit "Commit changes". The solution is here, you just don't look to it.
Sorry, I didn't notice that. I was expecting it to be called something like "save palette into sff". Also I think it would be a better idea if you could specify the palette number you want to save as after you edited the palette instead of being forced to saving it to whichever palette you had selected when starting the advanced editor.
About PNG, use the Open image function, FF3 will ask if you want to open the palette.
I don't see any option like that in the palettes menu, nor in the palette sidebar. I have to start the advanced palette editor to be able to do that, or am I missing something?
I think that "Define new colors to the palette from the file" and "add new palette" then choosing from files should be able to open images and load palettes from them, as those same images can also be added by sprmake2 directly without any additional steps as palettes. PCX and PNG are recognized as palettes by the official tool (sprmake2), so yours should also recognize them as such.
About the .pal file, send it to me. I don't have issues with this format.
here : http://www.mediafire.com/?4i3zba2jynj02ei
It might be a different format that uses the same extension. Unfortunately, PSP can only save palettes in this, and their own format (.psppalette). What's even more annoying is that it doesn't allow to save palettes to where I specify, it can only save it into the preconfigured palette folder (which I can change, but as you can see I'm annoyed when I can't save to the current folder...wastes a lot of time if you make a lot of stuff.)
This is why I prefer to use .PNG or .PCX for palettes...and because I can actually see how it'll look like in the game without having to load it into an image first...it already contains the image :)
FF3 starts in the last used directory. If you open a char, hit 'Save as' and the starting directory isn't the char path, send me screenshots, system information and anything useful.
When I open a character, and try to save with "save project", it does remember the folder. Open sff, open air also remember it. But "load a new image", "save one or more files" go to the sff subfolder of the previous character I worked on (which I never opened since I restarted FF3) instead of the current one's main folder. If I activate Advanced Palette Editor, and choose open there, it goes to the FF3 folder instead, same for save palette. But when clicking "Load current image" it goes back to the old character's sff subfolder.
So yeah, it does save the path; problem is, it saves too many of them and in a different way.
-.def, .sff, .air, .snd, .cmd, .cns open/save to the same folder, and this folder is separate fro each character. If I have 3 characters open, whichever I'm currently editing is the folder it will use. This is working the way it should.
-.png/pcx remember another folder, and this folder doesn't work like above. This remembers the previous character I edited even if I already closed it, so if I start FF3 and open a character, opening/saving images doesn't default to the character's folder. Additionally If I have 2 characters open, saving one png from character 1 into character 1's folder will make character 2's open/save of images default to character 1's folder. Meaning if I work on 2 or more, I have to move folders every time I do something. This is not working the way it should, as it shouldn't affect another character's default and also should default to the character's folder when opening a character.  It's ok to default to another folder AFTER I open/save an image from somewhere else (generally this will be a subfolder of the character folder), but opening a project should (while in that project's tab) default to that project's main folder unless I do open from elsewhere.
It shouldn't default to an already closed character's image folder.
-palette files are the same as images, but they also have their own folder different from the above. So to add new images, and then add a palette, I have to navigate to the character's folder 3 times.
-wav files are the same as above, and are the 4th time I have to navigate into my character's folder for, as generally when I add new moves, they also need sound effects.
So you have to navigate to the proper folder at least 4 times when working on a character, and if you work on two at the same time, you have to do it a lot lot more.

Oh, and another thing.
When using search, if the slider is post the sprite/animation/sound I'm searching for, it returns "not found", instead of searching through the whole file and finding it.
Is that intentional? I think it would be better to find it regardless of the slider position.
#148  December 31, 2011, 01:09:53 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
@_Josue_:
1) Disable - Sprites menu -> Switch to the frame's sprite
2) Save = current format (most frequently used, no need to ask the format), Save as = Current or other format (gives a chance of choosing the format).
3) To me is very clear. Most users don't need to know about versions, and it will overcomplicate things. FF3 just uses the most appropriate format for each supported Mugen version. You can see the current format in the statusbar (SFF editor), that is the same set by FF3 at startup in the 'Format' window.
4) Hum... I will add the selection mark for the foreground color then.

@Seravy:
1) OK, I will add a function so save in a specific group/index.
2) OK.
3) I will check this format.
4) Good arguments. I will improve the folder handling.
5) Enable the circular search.

Thanks!
#149  December 31, 2011, 04:40:52 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
This really makes sffv2 transparent. It's hard to tell what you're working with. I've found 2 things that irk me.

One, using Ultimate and Light as the style sheets. The "Save All" button appears to be save as, although you may have fixed that.
Edit: No, this is in update 7 using the Neo pack as well. If i change the sff round to any great extent (includes add/remove palette seems to be important) then hit "save all" i am asked whether i want to save my sff file and as what, should it not simply save it?

The other is, i have ;sound in my def file. FF3 is very nicely not removing that for a blank filename like it used to do, however it is prompting that it can't save a blank file each time i hit save all, it shouldn't be looking at a file, even a blank one.

Currently i am hacking the interface around so it suits me. The classic one is missing too many options so i'm making the Neo interface a bit more classic in layout. Much fun.

Also, what does the "ignore" button do when adding sprites? I see no difference between it and OK.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:20:43 pm by Cyanide
#150  December 31, 2011, 11:48:57 am
  • Welcome To My Corner Of The Universe
  • I Am Your Philocka
    • Haiti
    • SonyBlazeCorner.com
i havent been on for awhile but it look like i came back on time.
I Back!
Welcome to My Corner!!!
Check out my website!!!
SonyBlazeCorner.com
#151  December 31, 2011, 03:03:43 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Just wanted to say thanks for this and happy new years to all.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta 8 (updated 12/31/11)
#152  December 31, 2011, 11:05:44 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Last version of the year in the first post \o/

Changes

• Fixed a crash when right-clicking after draw a CLSN
  • Fixed a bug in the 'Import from another project' function in the AIR editor
  • Fixed a bug in the var usage list
  • Fixed some errors in the syntax validation
  • Improved the folder recording (open/save dialogs)
  • Added support to open palettes from PNG, PCX and BMP
  • Added the function 'Invert all colors (keep first and last alpha)' to the Advanced Palette Editor
  • Added the function 'Save as group/index' to the Advanced Palette Editor
  • Added the function 'Commit changes to the current sprite' to the Advanced Palette Editor
  • Improved the Project Save/Save as functions
  • Displays the foreground color as selection in the palette (image editor)
  • Implemented the pen width selector (image editor)
  • Implemented the foreground eraser with the right mouse button (image editor)

Currently i am hacking the interface around so it suits me. The classic one is missing too many options so i'm making the Neo interface a bit more classic in layout. Much fun.
:sugoi:

Also, what does the "ignore" button do when adding sprites? I see no difference between it and OK.
Ignore any value in the window and use the default ones (fill with zeros).

Happy new years!
#153  December 31, 2011, 11:11:47 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I filled the fields out, then hit ignore and it entered everything i had anyway.

This isn't really a problem you should be committed by that point anyway.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#154  December 31, 2011, 11:18:04 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
The problem is that I can change it only in the next year  :P

Thanks!
#155  January 01, 2012, 10:20:06 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
When I save sounds, it says "Saving Sprites."
#156  January 01, 2012, 03:07:23 pm
  • OICHI RULES :)
    • aldianhudaya.blogspot.com/

OICHI RULES :)
#157  January 01, 2012, 06:01:50 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:07:40 pm by VirtuallTek
#158  January 01, 2012, 06:26:42 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Okay, I've got two crashes. One that you're probably already aware of and another that I don't understand.
First, when I'm adding a blue clsn box and right click while I'm enlarging the clsn, I crash.
Second, when I was adding Leona's HD sprites (they weren't cropped) from KoF XIII and trying to sort out her sprites that are majorly misplaced (which I nearly managed to sort), I clicked save all and crashed before it could save. T_T

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:29:52 pm by Noctis
#159  January 01, 2012, 07:07:48 pm
  • Burn to Fight
hi virtual do you think adding the expressions editor when clicking  the triggers in future updates??

old

new ff3

regards and happy new year  :sugoi:

#160  January 02, 2012, 12:17:55 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Okay, I've got two crashes. One that you're probably already aware of and another that I don't understand.
First, when I'm adding a blue clsn box and right click while I'm enlarging the clsn, I crash.
Second, when I was adding Leona's HD sprites (they weren't cropped) from KoF XIII and trying to sort out her sprites that are majorly misplaced (which I nearly managed to sort), I clicked save all and crashed before it could save. T_T
1) Do you have the Beta 8?
2) More info please. SFF version, new empty file or existing one, save all or SFF save only, occurs only after reordering....

hi virtual do you think adding the expressions editor when clicking  the triggers in future updates??

regards and happy new year  :sugoi:
No. I think about to expand the auto-completion to triggers, but FF3 already have parenthesis matching, syntax checking, among other features that surpasses this editor.

And, Happy new year too!  :sugoi: