YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1564021 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta 8.4 (updated 01/11/12)
#261  January 22, 2012, 07:07:50 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
^I like this idea.

However, maybe we won't need it when we're able to edit in full text mode within FF.
#262  January 24, 2012, 02:13:53 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Another feature suggestion :

Add an option to rescale clsn into the animations menu. Mugen 1.0 doesn't support scaling clsns from code, so situations where we need to rescale clsns by a constant value are common, and doing it by hand is time consuming if the animation is not simple.
#263  January 24, 2012, 02:58:05 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Here is a problem that should be taken care of as soon as possible.

While editing some characters this morning, I noticed that all of the animation numbers were zeroed out in the number box even though it is not zero:

Can you fix it as soon as possible?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#264  January 28, 2012, 08:21:35 am
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
I've been having crashes related to linked images, and deleting the parent image. JZ told me it was worth posting about so I am doing so.

Also, the search option is still kinda wonky, but I think that's been posted about.

I should at least say that this thing is immensely useful and I don't regret using this over the original, so props to all involved.
#265  January 28, 2012, 08:56:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Oh, if i click "New Anim" can it 0 the box? It comes out as some random number. My last was 169. It would also be acceptable if it was prev anim + 1, but random number is a bit strange.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#266  January 28, 2012, 09:12:02 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
don't know if i'm the only one (or if it's been mentioned before) but i'm having this weird bug:

when i save a sprite (from Fighter Factory) in png format, it is in 8bit...so, as i usually do, i use an image editing program (in my case GraphicGales) to convert the sprite in 24 bit for editing purposes: BUT then when i convert back to 256 color/8bit, save then re-open this sprite 10 seconds after, it is still in 24bit for some reason o_O

i also tried saving from Fighter Factory in PCX format and fortunately, this doesn't happen!
#267  January 28, 2012, 09:20:45 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I somehow doubt FF3 is affecting your external GFX program.

Take an 8 bit sprite that hasn't been through FF and try it. By the sounds of it you'll get the same result. FF3 won't be holding onto an exported sprite that's just strange. As is converting it to a format that it wasn't in the first place.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#268  January 28, 2012, 09:27:23 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Oh, if i click "New Anim" can it 0 the box? It comes out as some random number. My last was 169. It would also be acceptable if it was prev anim + 1, but random number is a bit strange.

Not really a random number, usually it is based on the order of animations. If you have 168 animations before that random number, then that makes it 169. It counts like that. I had that weird "random" bug before, but it would be great if it just +1 your previous animno.

I have a suggestion, is it possible to put all sprites in one group to automatically number then in order in AIR without having to manually clicking +?

This would be helpful for stage-making or intro/endings for Mugen.
Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:32:35 am by SXVector
#269  January 28, 2012, 10:37:35 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
On the right hand side you have "add all selected to animation" so you can add a group of sprites all at once. Adding to the sff allows you to number them sequentially. You have the "time repeat" button by the frame to set how long they all last. You have the function you want already.

#270  January 28, 2012, 10:43:07 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
On the right hand side you have "add all selected to animation" so you can add a group of sprites all at once. Adding to the sff allows you to number them sequentially. You have the "time repeat" button by the frame to set how long they all last. You have the function you want already.

O dam -_- did not notice that, thanks for the reply, this would be helpful for a screenpack project I'm planning to do...
#271  January 28, 2012, 12:40:25 pm
    • Thailand
Is it my fault for having the wrong version or not having an update, or does the air file's text view not work?

I think it was suggested before, but instead of making a separate text view for it, just make Fighter Factory open the .air file of the character. =p
#272  January 29, 2012, 03:02:52 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Buh? Doesn't it open the .air already?

Opening it as if it was in notepad would bugger up integration. You need the alt view.

#273  January 29, 2012, 03:50:25 am
    • Thailand
I meant open it like it in the same interface that is opens the .cns files.

- When I switch between characters, fighter factory doesn't remember what cns and line I was on, it resets to the first cns.
- Add a find in all open files for current character option for the finding tool?
Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:49:45 am by Mr. Rajaa
#274  January 29, 2012, 05:49:10 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
It's not random. It's the total number of animations. I was building a new char and that's how I noticed.

I'd like to see the ability to launch debug mugen vs a second character that's loaded. Maybe a second launch mugen button that has a pop up menu. Something similar to the import sprites from char. There'd be a drop down list of the characters open. You'd select the enemy and hit launch. So instead of Ryu vs Ryu you'd be testing Ryu vs Ken.

I ask because of different size characters. Onsokumaru, Roll/Mega Man, and Juggernaut and who ever else. It's good to test against yourself. Sometimes when YOUR character is missing sprites or animations against other chars it'd be nice to just test and test and test.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#275  January 29, 2012, 05:58:16 am
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
for some odd reason, some of the text just disappeared whenever I click on the menus at the top. I clicked on View and I only see symbols.....:(
I'm trying. . .
#276  January 29, 2012, 08:52:53 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Is it my fault for having the wrong version or not having an update, or does the air file's text view not work?

I think it was suggested before, but instead of making a separate text view for it, just make Fighter Factory open the .air file of the character. =p

It was locked on the public release.

VT, I've found a weird bug:

I have a linked sprite and when I changed the original sprite, the linked one is...scaled down?

It seams to be a preview error only.

edit: dunno if you already fixed that, but I am still having problem with linked sprites when you save. You save the sff, but when you open it again, it haven't saved.

But if you hit BACKUP, it saves perfectly.  Weird
Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:22:47 pm by O Ilusionista
#277  January 31, 2012, 04:32:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Is anybody having problems downloading? Right now I am on 1.0.12.2005 UP3 hehe. I want to see how it opens .sffv2 files.
#278  February 05, 2012, 01:36:48 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
VT, any news about the fix of linked sprites bug?
It screws up the SFF everytime you save, sometimes even crashes FF3. I've lost many sff doing that :(
#279  February 05, 2012, 02:16:19 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
What do I have to set in the options in Parameters if I want it to start in another Screenpack?

-r Bla didn't work

EDIT: Problem Solved
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:23:48 pm by Cenobite 53
#280  February 05, 2012, 03:31:22 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
VT, any news about the fix of linked sprites bug?
It screws up the SFF everytime you save, sometimes even crashes FF3. I've lost many sff doing that :(

Same thing here. Most of the times, when I try to use the sprite organizer, the FF crashes when I try to save.