YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562718 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta 8.4 (updated 01/11/12)
#321  February 17, 2012, 05:57:01 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Is this the thread for proposing additions to FF3, or are you just using this to give us the Beta and have us beta-test? :???:
#322  February 17, 2012, 07:30:54 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Both.
#323  February 18, 2012, 04:22:10 pm
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
im noticing consistent problems with the 'save all' feature not properly saving the snd file, as in it just overlooks the changes and doesnt save.
#324  February 23, 2012, 08:20:48 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Found another bug... you are unable to import animations from other characters... I don't know if it's related to animation numbers (I tried with numbers from 32000 to 32141), every time you try to do it, ff3 crashes.

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#325  February 24, 2012, 07:25:51 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
.... you can import animations?
#326  February 24, 2012, 10:34:17 pm
    • Mexico
Yes you can!!!!! (well, it's supposed to...) Go to Animations menu -> Import from Another Project (Ctrl+Shift+I), but unfortunately, it crashes whenever you try to import something (or at least when the numbers are high, like 32000).

EDIT: Confirmed, it just happens whenever you try to import from animation numbers really big, at least numbers from 32000 and beyond cause a crash, every other number works fine so far (don't know if something like 10000 actually works or crashes FF3)
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:38:10 pm by FerchogtX
#327  February 25, 2012, 12:18:15 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
.... you can import animations?

yes, you can. Its on Animations > Import from another project.

the second coolest thing from FF3. The coolest thing is this:

you can make a clsn for a sprite and set the same CLSN for all frames which uses this sprite :)

Yes you can!!!!! (well, it's supposed to...) Go to Animations menu -> Import from Another Project (Ctrl+Shift+I), but unfortunately, it crashes whenever you try to import something (or at least when the numbers are high, like 32000).

EDIT: Confirmed, it just happens whenever you try to import from animation numbers really big, at least numbers from 32000 and beyond cause a crash, every other number works fine so far (don't know if something like 10000 actually works or crashes FF3)

Maybe its only on the public version, because on my version (developer beta) I can import a animation number 56234 and works fine.
Maybe the public version has a limitation on 16 bit numbers (over 32767)

#328  February 25, 2012, 01:08:18 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
All bugs reported (confirmed) so far are fixed.

you can make a clsn for a sprite and set the same CLSN for all frames which uses this sprite :)
Yes, Jz suggested that.

I'm planning to release Beta 9 to the public soon. It's becoming very stable from now.

Thanks!
Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:19:16 am by VirtuallTek
#329  February 25, 2012, 05:24:24 am
    • Russia
What about crashing on loading bug? After some testing I found out the way to launch it - it can be launched once per system start and only if I defocus FF loading window. Also, after this (if launched or failed to launch) - it won't start anymore until I reboot
#330  February 25, 2012, 06:11:27 am
    • Mexico
What about crashing on loading bug? After some testing I found out the way to launch it - it can be launched once per system start and only if I defocus FF loading window. Also, after this (if launched or failed to launch) - it won't start anymore until I reboot
You should check if you don't have spyware or any other malware on your system, I can relaunch FF3 everytime I want... but also may depend on your OS (I use W7 x64)

All bugs reported (confirmed) so far are fixed.

Yes, Jz suggested that.

I'm planning to release Beta 9 to the public soon. It's becoming very stable from now.

Thanks!

Ah!!! I can't wait to put my hand on it!!!!!! this FF3 is the best version ever!!!!

and thanks to you for your effort ;)

<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#331  February 26, 2012, 12:36:36 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/

Thanks!
Sounds good! Well, I think I'll give some suggestions for it:

I'm trying to make a new sprite by merging two sprites into a new third one created from parts of the other two.
Since those are already within the char's SFF I don't want to export and import it back, so I think the image editor could use
the following features:
-In the save menu a "Save as another sprite" option would be good.
-In the layer menu, within the "add" command, having an optional way to add a layer from another sprite (either from the SFF itself or by opening a file if you want an image that was not already imported within your SFF.) of course that would mean changing the sprite size to the bigger between the ones that were added. I guess a "Do you want  to keep the current size or change to this size (bigger)" question would apply.
-Also, the crop option within the image menu, needs to be polished. It currently seems to automatically crop the image, and that's not what we would always want. Adding a way to customize the cropping (you know, crop this many pixels for top, bottom, left, right) would be good.

Also I'm not sure if having Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V (copy and paste) within the edit menu would be good, specially considering that you could paste anything from anywhere else. But I think having the options I mentioned would make up for it.
#332  February 26, 2012, 09:01:29 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Is there a way of decreasing or setting the amount the zoom actually zooms in at?
The amount that it jumps is OK for low rez characters but newer, larger characters the zoom in becomes too much.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
That's too much in my opinion. I'd like it to be 1.25x as big and it seems 2x bigger.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#333  February 27, 2012, 01:03:12 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
You know what would really be handy? Something that checks if the new sprites you just added to a certain group already clash with a preexisting one.
#334  February 27, 2012, 02:43:34 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
@_Josue_: I already panned to add features like that in the image editor. Except the crop, that work as expected. I will add support to crop based on the selection in the future, that's you want.

Is there a way of decreasing or setting the amount the zoom actually zooms in at?
The amount that it jumps is OK for low rez characters but newer, larger characters the zoom in becomes too much.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
That's too much in my opinion. I'd like it to be 1.25x as big and it seems 2x bigger.
In next versions, I will add an option to choose the zoom mode: large range (current mode), small range. But notice that some zoom levels can produce inaccurate offsets.

You know what would really be handy? Something that checks if the new sprites you just added to a certain group already clash with a preexisting one.
Do you mean the same image or index/number within the group?
#335  February 27, 2012, 02:51:03 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
The same index/number within the group.
#336  February 27, 2012, 03:36:47 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
OK, I will do something.
#337  February 27, 2012, 07:47:23 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
While you're taking suggestions. I think an option to select if you want to copy the collision 2 or collision 1 boxes from the frame before would be awesome.
Starting work on my new character I just added the Clsn1 so I could work on the code side of the hits. Now I'm going back in and adding the Clsn2 boxes. Being able to select just to overwrite the Clsn2 boxes and leave the Clsn1 boxes would help a ton.
#338  February 27, 2012, 08:07:40 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Use text. No need for a button.
#339  February 27, 2012, 10:41:02 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If that were true there'd be no button at all.
It's just a pain when I have to scroll down to frame 32 of 59, copy and paste. Make adjustments, save, scroll back down to frame 33, copy and paste, make adjustments, save, scroll back down to frame 34, copy and paste.
Maybe if it's easy enough to implement it might be worth putting in.
#340  February 27, 2012, 12:35:06 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
I have a suggestion too!
As there is a function to show the Variables in use, it would be cool an option to show the Sound Channels in use.
It is hard to remember which state uses a certain sound channel... With this function i would be easy to know if i can reuse that sound channel in another state ^^