YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556894 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/18/12)
#461  March 20, 2012, 08:22:52 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
If you mean "Apply these clsn's to similar frames" Yes that's still there. If you mean the autoclsn creator, i hope it's not. That particular feature did not give proper fighting game clsn's at all.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#462  March 20, 2012, 08:58:05 pm
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
OK, confirmed. I can fix it in a few minutes when a get back to home. Then you can stop using FF until I release the fix to avoid problems (just wait a few hours).

I apologize for my mistakes in these updates. I'm trying to release bug fixes as soon as possible to avoid problems. But the lack of time and other things make me broke the RC1 stability.

The cause:
- Update 5: changed some information messages about problems in the SFF (introduced a small error in some SFF v2).
- Update 6: fixed the error message but blocked sprites from using a 5bit palette.
- Update 7: fixed the palette problem, but broken SFFs can crash the AIR editor, then I changed the AIR code to prevent this.
- Update 7.1: changed other things in the SFF and AIR code to improve the file corruption support (probably, I forgot to change a few lines of code in the AIR editor that becomes unprotected now).

The problem is very easy to solve. I will revise all SFF and AIR code to make RC1 stable again. And thanks to everyone that is trying to help rather than just complain, like Cyanide, FerchogtX among others.

Sorry!
Don't worry man, take your time, there is no hurry at all, FF3 is great and we are really glad to help improving it ;)
Thanks to you for this updates ;)

See ya!!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/20/12)
#463  March 20, 2012, 11:38:49 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 8 in the first post.

Fixed:
- Crash in the AIR editor.
- Insert selected/all to the current animation (thumbnail panel).
- Problem with 24bit PCX files.

Thanks!
#464  March 21, 2012, 12:17:06 am
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
Will there a be a function like the one in FFU (Might've been classic, actually) that auto apply's Blue CLSNs? or is it still there and I'm stupid? ;D

oh for the love of god do not do this
#465  March 21, 2012, 12:40:17 am
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
W--Why? Is there a problem with it? Or do you just not want to waste VirtuallTek's time?
#466  March 21, 2012, 12:41:46 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
... oh you mean that stupid auto-CLSN crap. Dear god, no.

If you even THINK about doing that, play some Capcom and SNK games right now with hitboxes turned on so you can see what proper hitboxes look like.
#467  March 21, 2012, 12:58:57 am
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
<-- Doesn't know how to do that. I didn't realize it was such a frowned-upon practice, can I ask why?
On another note, I just tried to open an image in FF3 to test out the current build and it crashed when I went to animations.
#468  March 21, 2012, 01:25:48 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Because they look shitty, they act shitty, and... they're just shitty, OK, and you're making the machine do pointless work in drawing what can USUALLY be covered in 3 boxes or less.
#469  March 21, 2012, 03:56:09 am
    • Mexico
Update 8 in the first post.

Fixed:
- Crash in the AIR editor.
- Insert selected/all to the current animation (thumbnail panel).
- Problem with 24bit PCX files.

Thanks!

YES!!!!! Working properly here!!! if I find anything else I'll post here again XD... but I?m guessing I won't find weird stuff again ;)

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#470  March 21, 2012, 03:59:00 am
    • Mexico
<-- Doesn't know how to do that. I didn't realize it was such a frowned-upon practice, can I ask why?
On another note, I just tried to open an image in FF3 to test out the current build and it crashed when I went to animations.
1.- Normally, when using auto clns's, they don't come out too nice, I used that once, and I had to redo all cln's on an animation, not FF3 fault itself, but character structure, you need to personalize...
2.- Are you still using Update 7.1? I've upgraded to Update 8 and everythig goes smooth and stable...

See ya!! :D
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#471  March 21, 2012, 08:31:31 am
    • Thailand
The left panel of the state viewer (even though I prefer it off as of recently) is kind of annoying because when I click the statedef I want to jump to, it opens it up all of the state controllers within it, making it difficult to navigate through statedefs.

The program should make this behavior manual by a double click orr at least have an option to toggle between the two behaviors.
#472  March 21, 2012, 01:07:32 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
How does the scale clsns function work? I tried to enter 1.25 into the X box and I can't because it doesn't register the . so it becomes 125 instead.
It crashes fighter factory when pressing apply, regardless of the values entered in X and Y, even though I selected an animation.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/21/12)
#473  March 21, 2012, 11:37:02 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 9 in the first post.

Changes:
- Improved the string sort algorithm
- Fixed many bugs in the AIR alignment tools
- Unlocked the drag and drop in all text editors
- Enabled the statedef navigation from the left panel list

To scale CLSNs, you must enter the percentage. Eg.: 1,5x = 150

Thanks!
#474  March 21, 2012, 11:58:54 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
It sounds like you fixed it in update 9, but FF crashes when I make an excruciatingly small clsn. Like 1-2 pixels worth.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#475  March 22, 2012, 12:52:56 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Updated the PCX Thumbnail Handler to the version 3.

Before updating, use the Windows Disk Cleaner to clear the thumbnail cache.
If you already have it installed, just replace with the new .DLLs.

It sounds like you fixed it in update 9, but FF crashes when I make an excruciatingly small clsn. Like 1-2 pixels worth.
I don't fixed it, because it never occurs with me. Detailed steps to reproduce, please.
Yeah, reproduced now.

Thanks!
Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:07:44 am by VirtuallTek
#476  March 22, 2012, 11:10:53 am
    • Thailand
- When I open Fighter Factory, go to the options (general), and press any of the two arrows next to the remove and clear buttons, the program crashes.

And this still:
The left panel of the state viewer (even though I prefer it off as of recently) is kind of annoying because when I click the statedef I want to jump to, it opens it up all of the state controllers within it, making it difficult to navigate through statedefs.

The program should make this behavior manual by a double click orr at least have an option to toggle between the two behaviors.

=p
#477  March 22, 2012, 12:39:47 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
- When I open Fighter Factory, go to the options (general), and press any of the two arrows next to the remove and clear buttons, the program crashes.

And this still:

=p

The first bug happened here too, but the left panel of the state viewer jump to state when I click it O___O
It only open the state controllers within it if i click in the small arrow to the left of the StateType...
#478  March 22, 2012, 09:16:05 pm
    • Thailand
It still opens the inner states by default for me. I'll redownload.
#479  March 23, 2012, 01:40:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
PCX viewer, HUGE improvement! For the majority, it's great, but there are still some issues here and there:

#480  March 23, 2012, 01:43:14 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, the thumbnails sometimes appear in black for me, for an unknown reason.