YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562493 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC3
#561  April 29, 2012, 05:16:21 am
thanks for the update it's awesome.  ;D
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#562  April 29, 2012, 05:35:33 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
RC3 on the first post.

Changes
  • updated all presets and iconsets to the new changes
  • added new options and functions (latest suggestions)
  • fixed small bugs

We are going to the final 3.0 version. After this, i will start to work on new things like:
  • BG editor (using the same AIR text system)
  • Suggestions?

About the crop, we have just one function now, with option to choose the current, group or all sprites. I can't optimize this function more for 3 reasons:
  • Cache system (one load/decode/encode/store per sprite)
  • Undo system (many undo operations to be stored in the undo stack cache)
  • Implicit sharing (data comparision with all sprites per crop)

Thanks!

For suggestions, may I suggest a Winquote editor?
#563  April 29, 2012, 06:31:41 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
RC3 on the first post.

Changes
  • updated all presets and iconsets to the new changes
  • added new options and functions (latest suggestions)
  • fixed small bugs

We are going to the final 3.0 version. After this, i will start to work on new things like:
  • BG editor (using the same AIR text system)
  • Suggestions?

About the crop, we have just one function now, with option to choose the current, group or all sprites. I can't optimize this function more for 3 reasons:
  • Cache system (one load/decode/encode/store per sprite)
  • Undo system (many undo operations to be stored in the undo stack cache)
  • Implicit sharing (data comparision with all sprites per crop)

Thanks!
Nice!!! Updating as always :)

I'm very happy I didn't find anything on this releases, thsi is a great sign!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#564  April 29, 2012, 06:59:43 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Are you kidding? Please tell me you are. We have cns editors already, how would you make it simpler? A random text generator? You type in a quote. Done.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#565  April 29, 2012, 07:15:39 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Are you kidding? Please tell me you are. We have cns editors already, how would you make it simpler? A random text generator? You type in a quote. Done.

You know its not hard to do that. You can make random text generator easily for all characters through cns coding in a text file that is saved. I suggest rather that if its possible to have a feature on text editing the sprite co-ordinates in the sff, something like the animation editor (text). Its kind of annoying when you want to delete a whole group and replace it when you don't remember the coordinates or change manually if the images are 100+. Just a suggestion, you can ignore it if its not that important =P
#566  April 29, 2012, 07:16:23 am
    • Russia

• Suggestions?

I once suggested to add Start Mugen button for every mugen you add to the list, but you don't seem to want it. But could you at least add different hotkeys to launch different mugens? It really annoys to choose 2nd or 3rd mugen in the list every time
#567  April 29, 2012, 07:17:16 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
SXVextor: 1.0 has winquotes included natively. You simply type in the words you want displayed and mugen does the rest.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#568  April 29, 2012, 08:05:47 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
SXVextor: 1.0 has winquotes included natively. You simply type in the words you want displayed and mugen does the rest.

Ya I know, I guess I should of stated that if he wanted the same winquotes to all player he could of do in a text file or rather just type it out himself. It isn't hard =P

#569  April 29, 2012, 06:16:44 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Another suggestion of mine is a built-in DOS to Windows converter for all those works made for the D.O.S. M.U.G.E.N.
#570  April 29, 2012, 10:45:33 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
After being seriously annoyed by this, in future installments is it possible for you alter the prevclsn button and make it not remove the clsn1 of the current frame? I know its used to copy the clsn from the frame before it but more often than not I need the clsn1 that is the current frame if the one before it has none.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#571  April 30, 2012, 02:57:21 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I once suggested to add Start Mugen button for every mugen you add to the list, but you don't seem to want it. But could you at least add different hotkeys to launch different mugens? It really annoys to choose 2nd or 3rd mugen in the list every time
No, but i changed the window to show a list with icons instead of a combo box to reduce the number of clicks and the icons are customizable too.

Another suggestion of mine is a built-in DOS to Windows converter for all those works made for the D.O.S. M.U.G.E.N.
Can be made in Lua later.

After being seriously annoyed by this, in future installments is it possible for you alter the prevclsn button and make it not remove the clsn1 of the current frame? I know its used to copy the clsn from the frame before it but more often than not I need the clsn1 that is the current frame if the one before it has none.
Place this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/u3zdeq under the scripts/tools folder. Go to the desired frame and activate the script under Tools -> Copy previous CLSNs (keep current).
People aren't looking to the most powerful feature of FF3.  :(
Most functions are very customizable with a lot of options, but it doesn't cover all possible cases, that are very nasty to do. If you want a more specific function or a variant of a current one, Lua is the way to go.
But, if you have an idea of this type, i'm happy to make the script too  ;)

Thanks!
#572  May 01, 2012, 05:49:56 am
    • Russia
No, but i changed the window to show a list with icons instead of a combo box to reduce the number of clicks and the icons are customizable too.

Cool. That's fine too.
Also, I have I more thing - you can select anims or frames with arrow keys if you press on its scrollbar. But if you then press on the sprite for some reason - those scrollbars will defocus and you can't longer scroll with arrows. That's pretty annoying cause it worked fine in FFC. Can you make it possible to scroll anims and frames with arrow keys even if bars were defocused? I think its pretty easy to make (for example, add variable where you write last pressed bar and when you press arrow key - it will scroll that last bar)
#573  May 03, 2012, 07:22:45 am
    • Thailand
Can I has option to group and index the palette of newly entered sprites?
#574  May 03, 2012, 03:19:10 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Not sure if this was addressed, but searching for an anim number only searches from the current anim onward in the anim viewer. For example, If I was currently viewing anim 1000 and wanted to skip back to anim 105 using the search function, it'll tell me that the anim doesn't exist, yet if I manually scroll back to the first anim in the AIR file (anim 0), then it works fine. Something similar occurs in the cns viewer regarding text searches and I don't see an option to search backward from the current position.
#575  May 03, 2012, 04:02:16 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
:???:
Do you mean to define the group and index of the palette to be inserted if it already doesn't exists (image's own palette option)?

Not sure if this was addressed, but searching for an anim number only searches from the current anim onward in the anim viewer. For example, If I was currently viewing anim 1000 and wanted to skip back to anim 105 using the search function, it'll tell me that the anim doesn't exist, yet if I manually scroll back to the first anim in the AIR file (anim 0), then it works fine. Something similar occurs in the cns viewer regarding text searches and I don't see an option to search backward from the current position.
You has both the backward option and the circular search one. Look at the buttons on the left.

Thanks!
#576  May 04, 2012, 08:37:37 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Just found a bug... when in the sound editor mode, if you try to stop a sound, FF3 can't send the command to actually do it, it gets worse when playing a sound using the loop option, if you try to stop it, FF3 refuses to respond and after a while trying to do so, crashes (you need to close the program forcing its shutdown)

Also, something happens that, everytime FF3 loops the current sample (usin g the loop button), it delays the playback (there is a gap that is noticeable)... this didn't happen in older RC's

See ya!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#577  May 04, 2012, 09:40:04 am
    • Thailand
:???:
Do you mean to define the group and index of the palette to be inserted if it already doesn't exists (image's own palette option)?

Yes, sir. You know how Fighter Factory automatically assigns the group and index numbers of new palettes from new sprites? I want the option to group and index the palettes myself. Also, being able to sort it when I enter it would also be a nice boost. Have it has a a clickable option in the sprite enter interface, and make its defaults the same as it's been, but make them alterable.

Also, when I enter new palettes via the right palette menu, it automatically reverses the order of the palette, and that's problematic! =p

The program has become more than apt for everything. Keep up the good work. I'm going to look into the LUA scripting. I wanna see what that's capable of.
#578  May 04, 2012, 02:26:54 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Just found a bug... when in the sound editor mode, if you try to stop a sound, FF3 can't send the command to actually do it, it gets worse when playing a sound using the loop option, if you try to stop it, FF3 refuses to respond and after a while trying to do so, crashes (you need to close the program forcing its shutdown)

Also, something happens that, everytime FF3 loops the current sample (usin g the loop button), it delays the playback (there is a gap that is noticeable)... this didn't happen in older RC's

See ya!! :D
I will test. About the sound playback, i'm currently using the build-in Qt functions. I can't control anything. I'm using it since the first release, so all versions use the same system to reproduce sounds. If you noticed a problem in one version, probably all other ones suffer from the same issue, unless the framework changed and bugs where introduced.

Yes, sir. You know how Fighter Factory automatically assigns the group and index numbers of new palettes from new sprites? I want the option to group and index the palettes myself. Also, being able to sort it when I enter it would also be a nice boost. Have it has a a clickable option in the sprite enter interface, and make its defaults the same as it's been, but make them alterable.
OK

Also, when I enter new palettes via the right palette menu, it automatically reverses the order of the palette, and that's problematic! =p
It depends of the source format. I can't detect the right order because you can create the palette in another program in a reverse order, and some programs reverse the palette to some specific formats. If you are loading palettes from PNG images, probably the order will be reverses because FF3 assumes that you setup it correctly. I will add an option to reverse the palette in the same window you define the group and index, that would do the job. But you can reverse manually in the advanced palette editor too.

The program has become more than apt for everything. Keep up the good work. I'm going to look into the LUA scripting. I wanna see what that's capable of.
;) The Lua scripting system is very functional, i will complete the documentation and introduce new functions in new releases. It currently lacks control over images. Now you can do everything on def, cmd, cns, air, palettes and some things on sprites.

Thanks!
#579  May 05, 2012, 06:31:09 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Hey! just having a little time to pass by and ... great work RC3 is out with nice changes and additions...

But, if you have an idea of this type, i'm happy to make the script too  ;)

Thanks!

this gave me an idea... how about having some example Lua scripts (like the one you gave him) come along with the FF3?
see ya and God bless you.
#580  May 12, 2012, 03:31:55 am
    • Thailand
The crop function doesn't work when I'm replacing a sprite (load a new image for the sprite) and it asks me if I want to crop the image.

And why is it sharing some sprites and not sharing others when I enter them into the .sff? It seems to randomly apply (unique) and (shared) to sprites. I don't understand it. You might as well add an option to manually change which sprites are shared and not. Unless it already exists and I'm not seeing it.
Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:46:02 am by Rajaa