YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1563855 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC4
#641  June 16, 2012, 11:52:53 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Gotcha... but regarding this, that bug exists, and you cannot point to another tab using %2 nor %3 and so on... in older releases you could use that parameter ;)

Sorry for botering :P

See ya!! :D
Works fine for me.
EDIT: Confirmed. I will release the fix when i finish more things. For now the workaround is to have an extra tab opened.

RC4 on the first post.

Changes:
- New sound playback system
- Fixed some bugs in the AIR edior
- Fixed small problems in the syntax highlighter
- Unlocked/fixed the auto-completion
- More things that i can't remember now  ;D

Enjoy!
Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:23:34 am by VirtuallTek
#642  June 17, 2012, 03:11:55 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Gotcha... but regarding this, that bug exists, and you cannot point to another tab using %2 nor %3 and so on... in older releases you could use that parameter ;)

Sorry for botering :P

See ya!! :D
Works fine for me.
EDIT: Confirmed. I will release the fix when i finish more things. For now the workaround is to have an extra tab opened.

RC4 on the first post.

Changes:
- New sound playback system
- Fixed some bugs in the AIR edior
- Fixed small problems in the syntax highlighter
- More things that i can't remember now  ;D

Enjoy!
NICE!!!! testing nao!!
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#643  June 17, 2012, 03:42:16 am
    • Mexico
tested the new playback system, now the buttons respond perfectly, the gap between loops is still there in wav sounds that are meant to loop without gaps, (when using the play looped button).

But its a GREAT progress in there, I just love it.

Tested the workaround and works XD weird issue isn't it?

See ya!!! :D

This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC3
#644  June 17, 2012, 08:38:25 am
    • Thailand
I will add an option to reverse the palette in the same window you define the group and index, that would do the job. But you can reverse manually in the advanced palette editor too.

Still waiting on this when you insert palettes via the right panel. =p

Other than that, good job. I haven't gotten that animation bug anymore. Don't know if I've just been lucky or you fixed it.
#645  June 17, 2012, 11:35:06 am
    • Mexico
I'm still testing the new sound playback system... but unfortunately, it seem to exhibit more bugs than the old one, for example, not being able to play some sounds or playing incorrectly (playing another wav sample instead of the current one), I've tested with many snd files and checked that they are not corrupt, and they aren't, but the player has serious issues playing some samples. I've testes this by playing a sample, then moving the slider to another one and repeating, some samples don't play or repeat the previous one.

Just reporting this before I forget about ths... if you feel like it, maybe reverting back to the old sound engine you used may be better and less time consuming, or I don't know if actually using the old one from FFU should suffice there...

Sorry for bottering again XD and for doing it so late, but I had to, otherwise I could forget about it if going sleep first...

<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#646  June 17, 2012, 07:01:47 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I will add an option to reverse the palette in the same window you define the group and index, that would do the job. But you can reverse manually in the advanced palette editor too.

Still waiting on this when you insert palettes via the right panel. =p

Other than that, good job. I haven't gotten that animation bug anymore. Don't know if I've just been lucky or you fixed it.
;D I'm busy with many things and i can't work much time on FF3 now.

I'm still testing the new sound playback system... but unfortunately, it seem to exhibit more bugs than the old one, for example, not being able to play some sounds or playing incorrectly (playing another wav sample instead of the current one), I've tested with many snd files and checked that they are not corrupt, and they aren't, but the player has serious issues playing some samples. I've testes this by playing a sample, then moving the slider to another one and repeating, some samples don't play or repeat the previous one.

Just reporting this before I forget about ths... if you feel like it, maybe reverting back to the old sound engine you used may be better and less time consuming, or I don't know if actually using the old one from FFU should suffice there...

Sorry for bottering again XD and for doing it so late, but I had to, otherwise I could forget about it if going sleep first...

I switched to the phonon library. I can't use the FFU system because it's written in another language, and i'm trying to use only multi-platform libraries to provide the same features in all supported systems.
The old system has gaps because it can play only by loading the wav from disk, instead of from memory. The buttons doesn't respond immediately because the system doesn't stop the reproduction at any time. I can't fix third party code, if the library or framework is buggy, i can't do anything.
I will revert the changes in the next version. I have only one more attempt to try. If it fails is the end of the road.

EDIT: Replaced the old links by a new build.

Changes:
- New sound playback system again.
- Option to reverse the palette to be added.
- Fixed the Run in Mugen bug.

Thanks!
Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:58:11 pm by VirtuallTek
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC4 (new build)
#647  June 19, 2012, 12:59:12 am
    • Mexico
nice, I'll test inmedia :)

EDIT: Only x86 isn't it?
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#648  June 19, 2012, 02:43:49 am
#649  June 19, 2012, 05:30:26 am
    • Mexico
nice, I'll test inmedia :)

EDIT: Only x86 isn't it?

First page bud, there's an X64 version as well.  X86-64 is always the 64bit version. As 64bit is backwards compatible. (128bit will probably be 64bit backwards as well. Whenever that comes out.)
Windows x86-64 (64 bits)
Download -http://www.sendspace.com/file/aez09k
Pre-requisite - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13523

Yeah, I´m aware of that, but I ussually use the x64 version, because it breaks the limit of 2 GB usable by the app, and it somewhat works faster than x86...

But, returning to the main topic, I tested the x86 version, and works perfect with sound, no gaps and no problems in playback and buttons work excelent... I hope I can test soon the x64 version to see if it works the same.

GREAT WORK Virtualtek!!!!

<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#650  June 19, 2012, 05:36:23 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Hi there guys! it's been a long time isn't it?
Anyways just downloaded RC4. Noticed some of the changes like the "layer add from sprite" option in the image editor, I like it, but I also noticed the crop option has not evolved into a "resize canvas" option or something like that.
Also... checked back in FF classic and the states tabs could not be closed, but here in FF3 you can close them. Personally I don't see it as a very useful option, and since you can miss click and close a tab with code, I think closing tabs within each project tab should be disabled unless you change that in the options menu.

Err... how? Sorry, I've not been around lately, care to explain please?
I tried typing "trigger2 = palno" but at no point FF3 tried to suggest nor auto complete the command.

Anyways... by all the things I've seen in the little time I have had to take a look at this, I must say this looks good. Now I can only hope Elecbyte's guys  won't abandon us and will soon bring MUGEN 1.1 into beta status for everyone to test. otherwise what would be the whole point of FF3?

Yet... *sigh* as always... see ya and God bless you.

#651  June 19, 2012, 05:37:43 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Another update?

You work fast!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#652  June 19, 2012, 06:05:45 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Another update?

You work fast!
He does indeed. but I don't see why you're so surprised about that, you should already be used to it. At this rate, FF3 will be released and MUGEN 1.1 will still be there in the limbo. What happened to Elecbyte? Are they sleeping in their laurels?
#653  June 19, 2012, 10:20:53 am
    • Thailand
The onion skin has a bug. If I have two characters open with onion skin turned on and I switch between the two characters' air files, it will display the onion skin from the other character that I was previously editing. The bug can be reversed (not fixed) by switching between the air file and the sff file and repeating the steps above.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC4 + Update 1
#654  June 20, 2012, 02:38:58 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hi there guys! it's been a long time isn't it?
Anyways just downloaded RC4. Noticed some of the changes like the "layer add from sprite" option in the image editor, I like it, but I also noticed the crop option has not evolved into a "resize canvas" option or something like that.
You can resize the canvas under Image -> Properties.

Also... checked back in FF classic and the states tabs could not be closed, but here in FF3 you can close them. Personally I don't see it as a very useful option, and since you can miss click and close a tab with code, I think closing tabs within each project tab should be disabled unless you change that in the options menu.
No, if you miss click, the tab will close only if the file isn't modified (see the asterisk), otherwise you will be asked about the action.

Err... how? Sorry, I've not been around lately, care to explain please?
I tried typing "trigger2 = palno" but at no point FF3 tried to suggest nor auto complete the command.
The current database only contains support to "type =" or "const(".

The onion skin has a bug. If I have two characters open with onion skin turned on and I switch between the two characters' air files, it will display the onion skin from the other character that I was previously editing. The bug can be reversed (not fixed) by switching between the air file and the sff file and repeating the steps above.
Fixed, update on the first post.

Thanks!
#655  June 20, 2012, 05:37:42 am
    • Mexico
Tested x64 version + update 1:

NIIIICEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Seriousy, tested the playback system, and just like x86 version, works flawlessly, loops excellent and the buttons repond properly.

GREAT JOB Virtualltek!!!!!!!!!!!! as always!!!

<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#656  June 20, 2012, 07:50:32 pm
EDIT: Sorry didn't read last post. Carry on. Good work VirtualTek keep up the amazing work m8!
#657  June 30, 2012, 10:55:22 am
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
1.When I go to the interface tab in options and try to delete a key assignment(ctrl+A) to free it up for another function, it doesn't work. It only gets removed if I first replace it with something else (space), then delete it, but even then, applying the changes causes a crash. I wanted to assign that key for something else, but can't remove the default assignment. Assigning a key to a function that has nothing assigned works properly.
2. The following are marked syntax errors even though they are not :
-When the letters in a nothitby, hitoverride etc parameter are not in the order of SCA (It does work in Mugen as intended even if it's SAC, and nothing says the order should matter), it is marked as a syntax error
- Const720p in the following expression : value = F7, (sysvar(1) > const720p(20)) + (sysvar(1) > Const720p(56)), and anim = F(60 + (sysvar(1) > Const720p(20)) + (sysvar(1) > Const720p(56))), these are part of common1.cns.
-Expressions in variable indexing when using a Varset, like var(2+var(1))=-1
-"-1" for Hitsound and Guardsound are marked in projectiles as an error and "-1,0" are not, but for hitdefs, it's the other way around ("-1,0" is marked and "-1" is not)
-ProjGuarded is also marked (Projhit works properly, though)
Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:57:28 am by Seravy
#658  July 01, 2012, 12:14:57 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I noticed a few of those and edited the syntax highlighting config file accordingly. I forget what for exactly, but it worked OK.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#659  July 02, 2012, 02:56:24 am
  • Shakespear.
When trying to edit the sprites of a screen pack, I have to open the system.def file and in the [Files] section I have to change: spr = filename.sff     to     sprite = filename.sff    to get it to read the sprites. 

In the [files] section of a characters .def, the sprite file is referenced as: sprite = spritefile.sff   I suppose when FF is checking for the sprites file upon opening a project, you might have it check for both:
"spr ="  and "sprite ="     Thanks.
#660  July 03, 2012, 07:12:35 am
    • Russia
Don't know if someone said it already, but Saveall button don't always work. It were twice:
1) When I loaded sprites in SSFv2 and started adding animation, then codes. I used Saveall a lot there, but in the end SFF didn't saved
2) I changed group and indexes of palettes in SSFv2, pressed save button, but it didn't saved. I reuploaded character, changed indexes and pressed Save again - this time it was saved. But when I tried to save it again next time - nothing happened again.

Probably, SaveAll button don't save sprites and palettes somehow

PS. Would be nice if you make "Stop the animation" button to reset animation to 1st frame. At least make it reset if animation is already stopped (if you don't want it to reset always like in FFC)

PPS. Somehow FF3's configuration won't save after closing. Also, I have to press Save in additional state files everytime I start mugen, otherwise it uses old version
Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:33:25 pm by GamerXP