YesNoOk

Sonic Smackdown FanGame PC Free to Play (Read 24270 times)

Started by OldGamer, September 24, 2020, 11:50:13 pm
Share this topic:
Sonic Smackdown FanGame PC Free to Play
#1  September 24, 2020, 11:50:13 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

Sonic Smackdown is a 2D fighting game with gameplay inspired by Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, only it features characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog saga. Now, you can make spectacular combinations at crazy-fast speeds with Sonic, Knuckles, and the rest of the gang.

The best way to play Sonic Smackdown comfortably is with a gamepad like on Xbox One, Xbox 360, or Playstation 4. You can also play using a keyboard and mouse by selecting this option in the settings. From this menu, you can also set up the game's graphics to adjust them to whatever is best for your computer.

In Sonic Smackdown, there are three main game modes: arcade, versus, and entertainment. The first of these is the classic mode where you choose a character and then destroy the rest of the characters until you get to the final enemy. In the second, on the other hand, you fight against another player on the same computer. And in the third, you can play for fun.

The cast of characters in Sonic Smackdown includes all your favorites: Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Mecha-Sonic, Silver, and Rogue, among others. You can also choose between 10 different color schemes for each one.

Sonic Smackdown is an excellent fighting game in 2D that offers exciting combat, ideal for a game with characters like Sonic. The game is free

Sonic Smackdown is a 2D fighting game with gameplay inspired by Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, only it features characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog saga. Now, you can make spectacular combinations at crazy-fast speeds with Sonic, Knuckles, and the rest of the gang. The best way to play Sonic Smackdown comfortably is with a gamepad like on Xbox One, Xbox 360, or Playstation 4. You can also play using a keyboard and mouse by selecting this option in the settings.
Downloads location
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
uptodown
https://sonic-smackdown.en.uptodown.com/windows/download
Back up Download
Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QmCm73-h7yFSXjgvVunf7pH9EDnSjNCo/view?usp=sharing
Media Fire
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0dubw8xc69zjfxm/sonic-smackdown-1-3.zip/file

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Re: Sonic Smackdown FanGame PC Free to Play
#2  September 24, 2020, 11:54:22 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"inspired" half the game is ripped up animations and skeletons of other fighting games and placed into sonic models.
This is one of the worst things i've ever seen and ive seen extremely bad mugen games in my time.

Doesnt help that the author kept trying to profit from it and tried to petition sega to pay him even tho half his game lifted animations from mvci.
#3  September 24, 2020, 11:59:51 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Uh oh, guess somebody got banned
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4  September 25, 2020, 12:03:24 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
between trying to limit access to his game via payment to his patreon, so he could profit and his whole internet presence its rare seeing such a trainwreck.
#5  September 25, 2020, 12:05:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Oh no. Nobody will be able to get downloads of later versions of the game now.

Anyway...
#6  September 25, 2020, 12:09:47 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines

damn.. that sucks... i'm never trusting some downloads again.
#7  September 25, 2020, 12:16:39 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com

Eh... I prefer sonic the fighters, but more power to those who likes this game ¬‿¬
#8  September 25, 2020, 01:02:43 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
"inspired" half the game is ripped up animations and skeletons of other fighting games and placed into sonic models.
This is one of the worst things i've ever seen and ive seen extremely bad mugen games in my time.

Doesnt help that the author kept trying to profit from it and tried to petition sega to pay him even tho half his game lifted animations from mvci.

WOAH! Saved by the bell now that you mentioned MVCI. Definitely sticking to Sonic Battle. It ain't golden, but it'll do

Uh oh, guess somebody got banned

At least its no worse than what Sonic Gather Battle had :V
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#9  September 25, 2020, 02:02:57 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

So the whole "Sonic Smackdown Drama" that even result in a trend on Twitter (#CancelSonic) is even worst than i thought...

And looks like they decline the "great" idea of limited access via paywall tho. Also the Patreon page of Smackdown got erased.

But after all the bullshit that happend, i won't support this project anymore.
#10  September 25, 2020, 02:19:49 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

No...just no.

That's like let's say you're making a Mario fighting game alright? what do you choose? do you choose to hide the download behind a paywall? or literally making the game private so that anyone wouldn't see it? Probably a trick question cause you would choose the first option. It would be EA levels of scummy (or Activision levels if you prefer THAT).

And i'm no animation expert but if I want to make a animation...my first thought would NOT rip off MVCI.

(Also I thought Sonic Smackdown was a wrestling game at first)

Don't think...obey
Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 02:57:39 am by CinderFallFan
#11  September 25, 2020, 02:24:22 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I personally do not see the game's ripped animations as bad, but then again I think NRS MK games look good, so...

Sonic fangames really cannot escape the Gather Battle rut of being scummy as hell. Ah well. Hope Toxic Caves gets ported from this nonsensical game.
#12  September 25, 2020, 03:01:25 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
This is the same guy who pissed off just about everyone in the Sonic fangaming scene by tying monetization and donations to his stolen assets game and has the delusional dream that Sega will ever show interest in his project and somehow hiring him and making the game official.

No sane company would hire a guy who constantly fights people on Twitter from any criticism driven towards his game. He's a walking PR disaster.

Shit
#13  September 25, 2020, 03:16:41 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

I think Sonic Smackdown should've just been cancelled right off the bat, cause what I can tell...this is pretty much dead on arrival (or arrival in a sense that fucking paywall could get in the fucking way). If only SEGA would have taken this one down. Now if this guy would to make a Mario fighting game...that would be a different story, considering Nintendo likes to take down ANY fangame that involves Mario and his friends. (I know, different characters from different companies and different universes...but I think you people could get on what I mean)

Don't think...obey
#14  September 25, 2020, 03:25:04 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Damn, I got nothing else to add to this besides the fact that they blocked me on Twitter when they had the nerve to ask PUBLICALLY if they could code for the upcoming Cereal Killaz.

Old, I'm shocked that someone like you would even consider recommending a game like this. When you recommend a game next time, be sure to check that the game isn't being run by complete assholes.
#15  September 25, 2020, 04:40:49 am
    • USA
Just wow. Sounds like the guy is literally trying to e-begging for money. Which is not even good and something I will never accept.
Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:15:09 pm by KJBlueAvenger
#16  September 25, 2020, 05:20:50 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
When you recommend a game next time, be sure to check that the game isn't being run by complete assholes.

Pretty much this. OG my bro, i know you well and probably you got no idea about all the drama and shit that happend about this project.

This is the same guy who pissed off just about everyone in the Sonic fangaming scene by tying monetization and donations to his stolen assets game and has the delusional dream that Sega will ever show interest in his project and somehow hiring him and making the game official.

No sane company would hire a guy who constantly fights people on Twitter from any criticism driven towards his game. He's a walking PR disaster.

One of the reasons why i stopped to support these bastards from ArcForged.
Specially when #CancelSonic got the trendings, the dudes from Smackdown dev got hella crazy.

I think Sonic Smackdown should've just been cancelled right off the bat, cause what I can tell...this is pretty much dead on arrival (or arrival in a sense that fucking paywall could get in the fucking way).

From what i saw after the whole #CancelSonic thing, they only removed the download link and update news from itch.io and the Patreon page aswell, but they'll keep with this on Discord.
#17  September 25, 2020, 08:26:55 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
I am so sorry about this everyone I had no idea and I use to miss old gaming day in 1980 would not matter what game was made longest everyone enjoy it and had a lot of fun in atari 2600 era but anyways if any admin or moderator have some free time please remove this topic please, I just wanted to share a nice game for everyone to enjoy that was a free game and that all :(

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 08:42:19 am by OldGamer
#18  September 25, 2020, 11:16:23 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Nothing wrong about sharing it and discussing it. Its one of these cases where the game itself is pretty inocuous as far as fangames go, but the creators presence online accrued it a bad touch.
Please dont feel like you failed at anything by sharing them.
#19  September 28, 2020, 05:46:46 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Looks like the drama was brought here. Good gameplay, but bad behind the scenes.
#20  September 28, 2020, 06:16:43 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
What are you talking about

Uche do you pay attention when you post?