YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1324514 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#281  October 17, 2012, 01:20:29 am
maeby definitely grew up :twisted:
#282  October 17, 2012, 01:42:28 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
That is such an awesome pic.
#283  October 21, 2012, 12:53:33 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

Bea

#284  October 23, 2012, 03:25:16 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#285  October 23, 2012, 03:39:52 pm
    • USA
The idea of Clark quitting the Daily Planet isn't in and of itself horrible, but the direction they're going with this seems god-awful. But that's to be expected for Lobdell. I mean, just read that preview, it's a lame copy of the scene in All-Star Superman where Superman tests his strength but this time the scientist is a hot lady and also he's been lifting weights for 5 days (!!!) because it's not like he has other obligations like saving the world or anything. And then there's a mention about half the world hating Superman because DC has no handle on their universe and thinks it'd be a good idea to lose their defining elements of a populace that implicitly trusts superheroes, especially Supes. And then of course there's that page where Lois has lost all journalistic credibility because the writer can't show the Clark is right without making Lois a complete idiot who has lost all her ethics.

And really, it isn't that bad compared to this gem that was mentioned:
Issue No. 13 is a prelude to the upcoming “H’el on Earth” story line, in which Superman crosses paths with H’el, a tragic character from Superman’s home planet, Krypton. The series is part of DC’s New 52 relaunch, which rewrote the back stories for many of its main characters, including Wonder Woman and Batman.
HIS NAME IS H'EL. HELL, HIS NAME IS LITERALLY HELL.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Bea

#286  October 23, 2012, 03:44:45 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Yeah... DC is doomed. :(

I will eagerly wait for the next reboot they will have to do to fix this mess a few years from now.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#287  October 23, 2012, 03:46:51 pm
    • USA
Yeah... DC is doomed. :(

I will eagerly wait for the next reboot they will have to do to fix this mess a few years from now.
Here's how you do it:
Sue Dibny wakes up and says "Ralph, I just had the most terrible dream!"
#288  October 23, 2012, 03:59:20 pm
The idea of Clark quitting the Daily Planet isn't in and of itself horrible, but the direction they're going with this seems god-awful.
Agree, right off the bat in this article they have this quote saying "Clark Kent is not just Superman's disguise" well you know, yes, actually, he is... Making him someone who wants to take a bigger place in the active life (and the spotlight) is against his initial need to completely blend in, it just them wanting to have socially active & meaningful characters, even those that are supposed to be the exact opposite of that. It's one thing that people close to him don't recognize him just because of a haircut and a pair of glasses, it's another if he starts being louder for the whole world to look at him and hear his voice which he thinks is more important.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#289  October 23, 2012, 04:17:32 pm
    • USA
they have this quote saying "Clark Kent is not just Superman's disguise" well you know, yes, actually, he is...
Hm, I dunno. He kind of isn't just a disguise, since Crisis on Infinite Earths. Before Superman was the real him, and Clark was just a mask. They flipped it because it makes more sense the other way: Superman is Clark's superhero identity, but the way he acts around his parents and Lois is the true person. Someone (I don't remember who) described Superman being 3 people: Smallville Clark (his true self), Metropolis Clark (an exaggerated, bumbling version of the former but shares his same basic personality) and Superman (a more stoic and trying to be a symbol). It's kind of like the whole Batman having different personalities thing, except Superman's aren't really separate personalities but instead how he behaves in front of different people (which is something everyone does).

Making him someone who wants to take a bigger place in the active life (and the spotlight) is against his initial need to completely blend in, it just them wanting to have socially active & meaningful characters, even those that are supposed to be the exact opposite of that. It's one thing that people close to him don't recognize him just because of a haircut and a pair of glasses, it's another if he starts being louder for the whole world to look at him and hear his voice which he thinks is more important.
I'm of two minds about this: on the one hand I think that Clark would never stop himself from doing something he thinks is right because it would jeopardize his disguise. On the other hand, he can't be careless about this kind of thing and becoming someone like Arianna Huffington is definitely going to raise his profile (even if he's usually been portrayed as being pretty famous for a reporter)

so yeah I dunno, he could pretty easily get Batman to be the public head of this news thing, I guess? That'd make much more sense because Bruce Wayne would get all the attention while Clark could do all the reporting. But maybe that idea makes too much sense for DC.
#290  October 23, 2012, 04:52:30 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Other comic book news - Eddie Brock is now Toxin. 

Maybe I'm late to the party, but this could of been interesting and is now just bleh.  Toxin was always one of the more interesting symbiotes b/c he actually had a relationship with his host (they had conversations mentally and such).  And the host actually had a large degree on control over the symbiote, so it wasn't just the same old mindless rampage thing that we get with Venom a lot.  But now, it's is/was bonded to Brock and we get the mindless rampage version.  It's probably due to the fact that the new Venom is essentially the Toxin of before (human looking symbiote acting like a hero with a constantly struggle for control), but why couldn't we just leave Brock and Toxin alone?  Why mash them together into another generic symbiote character?
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#291  October 23, 2012, 04:56:42 pm
Hm, I dunno. He kind of isn't just a disguise, since Crisis on Infinite Earths. Before Superman was the real him, and Clark was just a mask. They flipped it because it makes more sense the other way: Superman is Clark's superhero identity, but the way he acts around his parents and Lois is the true person. Someone (I don't remember who) described Superman being 3 people: Smallville Clark (his true self), Metropolis Clark (an exaggerated, bumbling version of the former but shares his same basic personality) and Superman (a more stoic and trying to be a symbol). It's kind of like the whole Batman having different personalities thing, except Superman's aren't really separate personalities but instead how he behaves in front of different people (which is something everyone does).
Oh, alright. I'm still on the All-Star Superman that literally said "your true face is the superhero from Krypton, Clark is your mask". Well, Metropolis!Clark getting attention is still a big danger to Superman.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#292  October 23, 2012, 07:14:21 pm
    • USA
Oh, alright. I'm still on the All-Star Superman that literally said "your true face is the superhero from Krypton, Clark is your mask". Well, Metropolis!Clark getting attention is still a big danger to Superman.
I know All-Star was a Silver age throwback but that line still bothered me. :-\

now for soul-crushing news, news that SHOULD NOT BE

CBS just picked up Smells Like Teen Spirit, which is a sitcom because of course it is. It'll be about an 18-year-old "budding entrepreneur" who starts one of those newfangled internet companies out of his garage, but he has to deal with his WACKY, "1990s indie-rock" parents.

oh and the show is from a Big Bang Theory writer, in case you had any semblance of hope for the world left

next, Andy Serkis aka Gollum is going to do his mo-cap thing for an adaptation of Animal Farm, which he will also direct. But don't worry guys, Serkis is gonna make this version of Animal Farm "family-friendly"!

Yes, goddamn fucking Animal Farm will be made family-friendly.

FUCK THIS EARTH
#293  October 23, 2012, 08:04:32 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
This is like when Wizard of Oz was made into a movie.  Lost all references to satire that made it an icon to begin with and turned it into a piece of trash.

This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#294  October 23, 2012, 08:39:09 pm
    • USA
This is like when Wizard of Oz was made into a movie.  Lost all references to satire that made it an icon to begin with and turned it into a piece of trash.
No? Not really? It was never intended as satire and the view that it was satire came about 60 years after it was published. The book itself was just an adaptation of stories Baum told his kids.
#295  October 23, 2012, 09:02:59 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Well then my fault.  A AP history teacher of mine taught me in high school that the Wizard of Oz book was intended as a satire on the debate or gold standard vs mixed silver and gold standard of American currency.  He also said the movie stripped this satire away.  I never looked into it and just assumed the teacher was right since he always seemed pretty knowledgeable on other parts of the curriculum and helped me pass the AP test :/

EDIT: Regardless, I still hate the Wizard of Oz movie.
Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:21:21 pm by Makurayami
#296  October 23, 2012, 09:22:15 pm
    • USA
#297  October 23, 2012, 09:48:59 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
After having it as the only movie that a substitute teacher would play from grades 1-8, I can't stand it anymore.  Classic-shmassic.
#298  October 23, 2012, 11:36:56 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
#299  November 01, 2012, 09:07:51 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Supposidly the Amazing Spider Man 2 Villain is Electro:
We’ve heard a few times that it’s likely that Electro will be the villain of the next Spider-Man movie, and Variety are echoing that once more tonight.

What’s more, they’ve learned that Jamie Foxx is negotiating to take the role.

An angry Jamie Foxx is pretty scary. It was inevitable he’d get cast as a villain in a big tentpole sooner or later. I fancy that they’ll shave his head an go the Ultimate route.

Update: Seems that Foxx is more than up for the role. Here’s his Halloween tweet:

Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well.

— Jamie Foxx (@iamjamiefoxx) November 1, 2012
Wait what
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#300  November 03, 2012, 01:53:50 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Us black people sure do love electricity, yessir
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear