YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1323902 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#461  February 17, 2013, 06:01:55 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#462  February 17, 2013, 07:52:43 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
So, it would be fair to call this project 'Not Robotech' because the Robotech/Macross that I've heard of would make sense here except for the (apparently) giant issues over the rights.

Yeah...
#463  February 18, 2013, 03:03:19 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
So basically, they can't do anything from the part of Robotech that people remember and like (not dissing Southern Cross and Mospeada, but let's be real here)
I guess they could adapt those 2 series, since Macross is a big enough franchise to be adapted by itself and most of us recognized it just as Macross instead just Robotech.

So yeah, if this would be real, I at least expect some Cyclons to be made :smoking:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#464  February 18, 2013, 04:52:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the previous efforts that I know of were about continuing mospeada anyway, one with a ridiculous hairdo scott and another about the masters of the masters of robotech.
#465  February 19, 2013, 10:06:27 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
For those of you who don't appreciate the beauty of a live action superhero story told by muscular men in tights watch WWE, one of their wrestlers, Jack Swagger, recently had his character retooled into an evil xenophobic tea party conservative.  That's not the funny part, the funny part is that Alex Jones, being the nutcase that he is, took the gimmick at face value.  It's worth noting that the McMahon family themselves are well-publicized as conservative politically so......do the math.
#466  February 19, 2013, 10:14:12 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
For those of you who don't appreciate the beauty of a live action superhero story told by muscular men in tights watch WWE, one of their wrestlers, Jack Swagger, recently had his character retooled into an evil xenophobic tea party conservative.  That's not the funny part, the funny part is that Alex Jones, being the nutcase that he is, took the gimmick at face value.  It's worth noting that the McMahon family themselves are well-publicized as conservative politically so......do the math.
"This is part of the divide and conquer tactic of cultural subversion to manufacture racial division and to characterize the Tea Party, conservatives, libertarians, opponents of uncontrolled illegal immigration and constitutionalists as racist, extremist radicals who should be pushed to the fringes of the political discourse."
My sides
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#467  February 19, 2013, 10:18:19 pm
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA

I wonder what people like him thought when JBL hit the scene.
#468  February 20, 2013, 03:30:27 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Did I hear that right?

If it works out in terms of Swagger getting a title shot, then I'd say the gimmick works despite the idiotcy coming from those who take the gimmick at face value.

Come to think of it, I'm shocked that only one of those psychopaths are on that bandwagon. You'd think they do a giant circle jerk about this on all of those other hate mongering shows.
#469  February 22, 2013, 10:59:13 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I know it's not technically part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it's Marvel movie news so whatever.

Deadline is reporting that Matthew Vaughn will produce the new Fantastic Four film for 20th Century Fox. Based on the classic Marvel Comics superheroes created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee, the film is to be directed by Chronicle's Josh Trank and is a reboot and unconnected to the studio's previous efforts, Fantastic Four and its sequel, Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Vaughn's involvement with the FF reboot is unexpected but not really a surprise. As a director Vaughn has quite the comic book pedigree, having made X-Men: First Class for Fox, as well as films based on Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess' Vertigo (not-really-a-comic-)book Stardust and Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr.'s Kick-Ass. Vaughn is also closely associated with Millar, who recently took a position at Fox where he'll consult on the studio's various superhero films, including Fantastic Four.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/02/22/kick-ass-director-matthew-vaughn-to-produce-fantastic-four-r/#ixzz2LfSPjzx3

The guy who made Kick-Ass and X-Men First Class is producing the Fantastic Four reboot.  So we may just end up with a good Fantastic Four movie.
#470  February 22, 2013, 11:14:07 pm
  • SNK is life
I just wish the F4 were relevant ... like, at all.
#471  February 23, 2013, 12:09:17 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
i read they might go the CGI route about The Thing, after the magnificient results of Hulk in Avengers...i'm afraid
#472  February 23, 2013, 12:12:21 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
That'll be shitty, it seems like The Thing costume is not that hard to pull since even the shitty 90's F4 had a great costume for him.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#473  February 25, 2013, 09:56:33 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#474  February 26, 2013, 12:44:10 am
    • USA
I know it's not technically part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it's Marvel movie news so whatever.
It doesn't really fit with the rest of the thread though, the MCU thread is about the entire cinematic universe and if we start including Fox and Sony's movies into it everything will be muddled!

The guy who made Kick-Ass and X-Men First Class is producing the Fantastic Four reboot.  So we may just end up with a good Fantastic Four movie.
I dunno, the fact that the Chronicle director is what makes me interested; producers only do so much, after all.

I just wish the F4 were relevant ... like, at all.
They were more relevant than Iron Man and Thor, even before the 2004 FF movie came out. And they got a sequel to that one too. They'll be fine.

That'll be shitty, it seems like The Thing costume is not that hard to pull since even the shitty 90's F4 had a great costume for him.
I thought the last two movies had a decent costume, they just needed bigger eyebrows. Or maybe Michael Chiklis made it seem better than it was, because that dude can act.
#475  February 27, 2013, 08:45:39 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox

GOH

#476  February 27, 2013, 08:53:30 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
That Doom is all kinds of fabulous.

And by that I mean terrible.
#477  February 27, 2013, 09:23:45 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
All kinds of terrible indeed.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#478  February 27, 2013, 09:53:45 pm
    • USA
WHAT THE EVER LIVING FUCK

Posted: February 27, 2013, 11:04:46 pm
Chris Cooper has been cast as Norman Obsorn in the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man, because adding tons of villains to a superhero movie never turns out bad.
#479  February 27, 2013, 11:40:09 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
That's the only one I was expected, since the first movie has a little cameo of Norman after credits, talking Dr. Connors in the shadows (the same Cooper maybe??)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#480  February 27, 2013, 11:45:32 pm
    • USA