YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1347233 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#561  April 20, 2013, 03:05:47 am
I hated Nathan all the way, and I hated Peter most of the time for just being useless. That goes for the entire seasons revolving around them by extension. The storylines were going in circle all the time, with characters being so dumb and blind and useless, believing anything they wanted and fuck the world. Quinto's character (forgot his name already) was pretty much the only interesting thing in the show. The starting concept was interesting but not that interesting, and not that well done. And god damn it, the three cloned sisters or whatever, or how to recycle a bad actress when they figure out her character is garbage by giving her more garbage characters. The first season was good for novelty, variety (even if it were just little things and nothing notable), and for Quinto, but the nuke storyline already went in circle fast.
Oh, and... forgot his name already, normal badass dad Company Man, he was great too but there were a few occasions where his character was really on the verge of being just as blind stupid as everyone else.
As a whole, you can only conclude that the characters were pretty badly written. Except for Sylar and Noah Bennet (Wikipedia'd their name) but it doesn't seem like they always knew what to do with them either.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:13:08 am by DKDC
#562  April 20, 2013, 03:24:58 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Sylar was really terribly written after the first season; they could never decide on a direction for him, so his character was super disjointed and only held together due to Quinto's acting. And that's all because he was supposed to die in season 1, but they decided he needed to come back, go on a road trip in Mexico, lose his powers, be brainwashed into thinking he's Nathan, squander that storyline, and turn into a good guy after being stuck in an alternate dimension with Peter in an extremely homoerotic episode, apparently. (of course Heroes shows that episode after I stopped, god, just hearing about it makes me tempted, oh jeez that would be hot UMM NOTHING)

HRG/Mr. Bennet was handled much better, and like Quinto, Jack Coleman often was the only thing making his scenes work, as the script, the direction, and the other actors actively worked against him.

Hiro was probably the character handled the worst, always behaving incredibly dumb and never doing anything because his powers were just too powerful, and then they gave him brain cancer for some reason, and then it was cured magically when he hallucinated being on trial in his own mind or something?

I remember having visceral hatred for Claire's boyfriend in season 2, West, but I cannot for the life of me remember. I guess, for once, I actually did end up blocking something from my mind because it was so bad!
#563  April 20, 2013, 03:33:21 am
Yeah, Sylar was all over the place, but Quinto made it work, and quite well, so it didn't look as bad as it really was. He has that phase where he begins being a good guy with that blonde electricity chick (I think, I forgot), starting to think he doesn't actually need to kill people to learn, and then a little later he goes bad again and kills the girl anyway just because lol fuck you after all. That scene was pretty well done, but only because it was Quinto, as a character it was just another change of direction. They did try to make us believe hard in his "I'm a good guy now" phase when we see that alternate future where he's a good daddy, but blows up (literally) again when his son is killed. That also worked because of Quinto.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:37:44 am by DKDC
#564  April 22, 2013, 11:58:53 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:07:03 am by Roman55
#565  April 23, 2013, 12:51:53 am
    • USA
:(
It's never been as good as it had been, pre-cancellation, but this is still very sad news.

And the series finale, which features a wedding between Fry and Leela, is “a tasteful, emotional gorefest,” he raves. “There’s a lot of death but there’s also a lot of time travel, so that makes for an interesting combination.” Adds Groening: “It’s a really satisfying ending. It’s an epic ending. If indeed it’s the ending.”
At least we'll have an ending, though.
#566  April 23, 2013, 04:26:08 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Ducking famn it. Canceled again!!!?!?! This is so unfair.
#567  April 23, 2013, 05:32:51 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Not sure if want...
#568  April 23, 2013, 09:59:15 pm
  • Unique, just like everyone else
I'll give it a chance, if only because I enjoyed the first couple of games.
#569  April 24, 2013, 07:09:34 pm
    • USA

GOH

#570  April 24, 2013, 09:07:30 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Bishop was pretty much a given don't know about Warpath though.
#571  April 25, 2013, 12:17:33 am
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1869987317/wish-i-was-here-1
Zach Braff raising a million dollars in one day (target 2 millions in 30 days) to fund his next movie "Wish I was here", sort-of sequel (spiritual) to Garden State.
(I thought here was the place I heard about it a couple hours ago but I can't find any former mention of it...)
#572  April 26, 2013, 12:17:33 am
    • USA
#573  April 27, 2013, 04:28:46 am
    • USA
The CW went against all logic and decided to renew Beauty And The Beast, that remake of the Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman-starring 80's show, only this time starring Kristin Kreuk and some regular looking dude with tiny, imperceptible scars as the titular Beast. And also this time it's unbelievably terrible.

In other news, Alphas remains cancelled.

NBC also renewed some stuff, none of which were comedies. Those announcements, I guess, will come sometime later, to further stress Community fans out.

On the bright side of things, Parenthood is got renewed, with a full season order, even. Let's just hope Hannibal will get lucky too.

SNT

#574  April 27, 2013, 07:09:22 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Spoiler: Tara Strong plays with herself on CN (nsfw) (click to see content)
#575  April 27, 2013, 03:02:14 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#576  April 30, 2013, 02:47:52 am
    • USA
Two and a Half Men has lost its half man, yet will still remain on the air, and his former co-stars are also now the highest-paid actors on TV, because God hates us.

In other news, Alphas remains cancelled.
#577  April 30, 2013, 11:43:01 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
^ I hope this time Two and a Half Men get cancelled once for all :)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#578  April 30, 2013, 11:51:38 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The show will be renamed "Two Men."  Ratings will reach a record high on the first episode, and then plummet after people realize it's not at all what they thought it was.
#579  May 01, 2013, 12:25:15 am
    • USA
Chris Hardwick is getting his own TV show. No, the Talking Dead doesn't count. Neither does the Nerdist show. Nor does the upcoming Talking Bad count. What I'm saying is that Chris Hardwick is in a lot of shows.

Anyways it will air after the Colbert Report and will be produced by Reno 911! creators Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, so this could be pretty interesting.

The show will be renamed "Two Men."  Ratings will reach a record high on the first episode, and then plummet after people realize it's not at all what they thought it was.
The show will never die. Ever.
#580  May 01, 2013, 01:55:27 am