YesNoOk

Piccolo Xmas RELEASE (Read 65115 times)

Started by Balthazar, December 25, 2016, 10:55:09 am
Share this topic:
Re: Piccolo Xmas RELEASE
#161  January 12, 2017, 06:43:59 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
I just found it odd, really, that SBC had two different motions set up for it.  No need to post the update now, though XP I'm patient enough to see the full build that's coming soon and personally, I like the idea of the different motion of SBC in Demon Mode (so people don't accidentally double tap QCF when they're trying other moves that require DP instead).  And I wanna see everyone get a consistent update for the full build, so I'll wait ^..^ (I like uniform setup when it comes to full games and characters from the full game being used outside of it)
Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:48:29 pm by The Sudden Rarity
#162  January 12, 2017, 10:16:07 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Tried it and it's true, why it never crossed my mind?   

I thought that you weren't supposed to use it in Demon Mode,though to me it doesn't work at all in Demon Mode,whichever input.

Forgot to say this,the pal selector at the start works like a charm :thumbsup:
to bad we can't add more pals on our own (for private use maybe).
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#163  January 12, 2017, 10:40:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I still intend to make that tutorial I've just been busy applying demon buster.

For SBC to work in demon mode you have to have level 1 or higher. Each level of demon meter gives you a more powerful SBC without needing to charge it up. Meaning the lvl3 version is unblockable!
#164  January 13, 2017, 01:46:20 am
  • Fate's Persona
I don't know what that demon buster is,it sounds like a shady way to say for the demon killer intros.

EDIT:Yes i checked that out.Only on lvl 1 and beyond you can do SBC in Demon Mode
Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:50:00 am by AgentofDestiny
#165  February 28, 2017, 06:42:07 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
We were hoping to have the new full build out today but we won't make it so as an apology we've updated Piccolo to the build he will have in the full build. Now's your chance to learn him as he will play in the actual game and snuff out any last remaining bugs that may or may not exist before the build goes live!!!

http://network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/char_piccolo.html

I don't have a full change log on me as I'm on mobile. I'll update this later.

Biggest I recall offhand are

Life increased to 1100
Many bug fixes
Clones need less life to be formed and has no minimum life amount needed to create them as well. So you can make them with 1 hp if you wish.
Many system changes
New intros and winposes
More colors
Alt English and Japanese voices

Lots of stuff! He's super fun now!!!

EDIT:  Changelog
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:33:16 pm by Just No Point
#166  February 28, 2017, 10:23:58 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Nice! Is there a rough ETA of the next release?
Btw, that bottom left stage in the dl link looks awesome. Does it have a name? I keep clicking "Place Holder" and nothing happens <_<
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#167  February 28, 2017, 10:47:07 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't see why we wouldn't be able to release it in March. We got extremely close to finished for the Feb release.

That stage comes with the Majin build :P
#168  March 01, 2017, 02:33:28 am
  • Fate's Persona
I did not expect that nor did i know the released day was today (sort of) too.

****#Whinybratnitpicks****
No more  arm shake during medium Piccolo's "Arm Hook"
Nice movelist,though what the fuck are Luffy and gang ding in the logo? :mlol: (that one had me laughed hard)
#169  March 01, 2017, 02:37:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The nitpick is that I fixed that shaking? Or is it not fixed?

Luffy and gang in the logo?
#170  March 01, 2017, 02:47:14 am
  • Fate's Persona
It is that you fixed it.

Also,

that is within the new movelist,why is Luffy,his gang and that Frog from that very old
Chrono-something game here?

Did somebody in the Z2 Team got bored? :mlol:
#171  March 01, 2017, 02:53:28 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
was that made by someone on the team? It just looks like I collection of Balthezar's sprites.

Also, the statement "very old chrono-something game" makes me very upset.
Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:20:54 am by -Whiplash-
#172  March 01, 2017, 02:59:33 am
  • Fate's Persona
Im sorry dude.
It's Chrono Trigger,i remembered.
I was born the same year FF7 got released plus i didn't have a ps1 nor do i think it was available during the time i first played a videogame
where i live.(maybe it was/is,i don't know).
So,Chrono Trigger is truly foreign to me,i know very few things about it.

EDIT:About the movelist,i think you guys should add descriptions for  the winposes and intros and other things,like you did in the previous one.
And i don't think that Luffy sprite is Balthazar,they might be from the 3ds game,though if it is Balth's it's very similar to the game's.
Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:15:31 pm by AgentofDestiny
#173  March 04, 2017, 08:53:13 am
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
Piccolo seems to have an EX Mystic Harpoon variation that shoots a Destructive Wave instead of the usual auto combo. Is this intentional? I only ask because he seems to perform it randomly. At least I can't figure out how I'm doing it. Also during the Destructive Wave "variation", Piccolo uses his Japanese voice even though the Chris Sabat voice is turned on.
#174  March 04, 2017, 01:44:45 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
^
He does have an alternate ender when performed while in Demon Mode, then he does the eye laser instead of the mouth blast. But I don't know anything about a Destructive Wave variant.
#175  March 04, 2017, 02:37:05 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
Interesting, because  the DW ender was happening so often I figured it was the new standard. Well, until the original version started popping up.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#176  March 04, 2017, 04:47:07 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is this happening in team or while you have clones out? I had coded him to do the ex D Wave if he reaches the end of his pull back anim while P2 is in the pull back state. This was to fix any issues where a clone or another player did something to mess with the ex grab. I've never seen it do it without a clone messing with the grab portion. If that's the case I can make the pull back anim last a few ticks longer to fix the issue.

And if that's the only voice I messed up on I'm doing good!!!
#177  March 04, 2017, 05:04:11 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
Is this happening in team or while you have clones out? I had coded him to do the ex D Wave if he reaches the end of his pull back anim while P2 is in the pull back state. This was to fix any issues where a clone or another player did something to mess with the ex grab. I've never seen it do it without a clone messing with the grab portion. If that's the case I can make the pull back anim last a few ticks longer to fix the issue.

And if that's the only voice I messed up on I'm doing good!!!

No a rarely use the clones, on purpose at least, or the 2 v 2 team mode. I guess I should test those out as well. It just comes out. Now, there are times the Destructive Wave version comes when P.O.T.S. Geese (the only non-HDBZ I have) or Frieza's ground projectiles hit me and we trade.  So that explains the state you added. Not sure about the other times. Ill keep looking into it and see if I can give you guys more info.

Also, I feel like Piccolo's crouching eye laser should do more damage and/or knockdown. It's combo potential is very limited and those combos hardly do any damage.  The start-up is too great to use it to punish moves, so it's safest use is as an OTG combo ender. Even then, eye laser doesn't do any real damage due to scaling. As of now, None of his crouching moves knockdown and most heavier/slower characters need knockdowns to cover ground. 
Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:48:52 pm by Smurfyeah
#178  March 07, 2017, 03:38:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
No a rarely use the clones, on purpose at least, or the 2 v 2 team mode. I guess I should test those out as well. It just comes out. Now, there are times the Destructive Wave version comes when P.O.T.S. Geese (the only non-HDBZ I have) or Frieza's ground projectiles hit me and we trade.  So that explains the state you added. Not sure about the other times. Ill keep looking into it and see if I can give you guys more info.
I added a bit more time to the pull back anim so maybe it won't happen as often. If P2 is in the pull back state and within a certain distance Piccolo does the ender he should. If they are too far away when the anim ends he does the EX Blast. Hopefully this takes care of you seeing it so often.

Also fixed the messed up voice in it. Will be in upcoming build/release

Also, I feel like Piccolo's crouching eye laser should do more damage and/or knockdown. It's combo potential is very limited and those combos hardly do any damage.  The start-up is too great to use it to punish moves, so it's safest use is as an OTG combo ender. Even then, eye laser doesn't do any real damage due to scaling. As of now, None of his crouching moves knockdown and most heavier/slower characters need knockdowns to cover ground.
The crouching eye laser's main use is that it's a GREAT pressure tool. It is +17 on hit or guard giving Piccolo ample time to do other things. Piccolo isn't your typical heavy char. He doesn't need knockdown moves to be effective. Also his cMP used as a counter will knock down.
#179  March 08, 2017, 02:24:54 am
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
The crouching eye laser's main use is that it's a GREAT pressure tool. It is +17 on hit or guard giving Piccolo ample time to do other things. Piccolo isn't your typical heavy char. He doesn't need knockdown moves to be effective. Also his c.MP used as a counter will knock down.

Ok, I'll try that out. I did notice Eye Laser's OTG ability whiffs in the corner if comboed off Piccolo's FWD Grab. While not in the corner, Eye Laser combos while holding back during FWD grab making the opponent fall at your feet. 
#180  March 08, 2017, 03:02:40 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just tested and I can OTG just fine in the corner after all 3 variants of the FWD throw.