YesNoOk

Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre ) (Read 508231 times)

Started by Abysswolf, February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre )
#1521  November 04, 2017, 09:31:09 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
about damn time. two ways I wish this would go 1 there is a choice between the new look and the old look(old card wars  sagas) like halo master chief collection or 2 all  the characters are sprited differently to show their heritage to the came they came from link looks like the Nintendo versions master chief would have a unreal engine like look to his character and cloud  would have that old ps1 paper-looking sprites hopefully with fingers.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:51:27 pm by Fauxcry
#1522  November 04, 2017, 10:00:08 pm
about damn time. two ways I wish this would go 1 there is a choice between the new look and the old look(old card wars  sagas) like halo master chief collection or 2 all  the characters are sprited differently to show their heritage to the came they came from link looks like the Nintendo versions master chief would have a unreal engine like look to his character and cloud  would have that old ps1 paper-looking sprites hopefully with fingers.
the first one would be a huge waste of time and effort, and the second one would look horrible

here's their facebook page. it seems the original creators are not involved in this one at all. i would've called this project something else. it looks very good so far though
https://www.facebook.com/Card-Saga-Wars-Rebirth-450881038622214/
#1523  November 04, 2017, 11:36:10 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
When something inspires you to complete something close to a lost dream. Of course, going the 3D route may deter some people but from what I see, it still keeps the gameplay of the original and the 3D isn't that bad to look at. Mugen Lord did say that they will get something out soon when they step out of the shadows.
#1524  November 05, 2017, 12:16:25 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hm.  The original game's concept was like this whole Mugen program concept's Holy Grail, and the meticulously done spritework to the point where if copyright wasn't a thing this would seem official was a huge drawing point.  Especially all the more-so for characters not usually represented, I'd guess the biggest ones being Samus and Master Chief.  Would be and are mine, anyways.  So, trying to recreate this lost project in 3D to cut down the work load is sensible, but loses a good part of its charm.  Still, it looks impressive.

Fauxcry does mention something I feel is best brought up earlier on rather than later, but on Chief specifically, well...his new official look is downright ugly as sin.  I can NOT stand this thing 343 has going on, slowly replacing all the canon with the new look as if it's always been there, while also trying to explain it was some nanomachine upgrade and new, and it's just stupid.  I'd recommend sticking to either Halo 2 or 3's regular Mark VI suit that he was known for before the ownership shift.

But yeah, until other news, the only other real complaint I had on the original Card Saga Wars, minus it's availability, is it's very focused on games from Japan.  Halo being the sole rep for playable characters from the west.  Get some Tomb Raider in there, some Jak & Daxter, something.  Otherwise, best of luck.

You know, if they're checking this forum for responses, that is.  Might also be worth separating it from the original's thread into a new one?  Since it's not being done by the same people.
#1525  November 07, 2017, 12:19:09 am
#1526  November 09, 2017, 06:54:12 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
any relevance to Nintendo would be barking up the wrong tree. it would be shut down just like AM2R(Another Metroid 2 Remake)
#1527  November 11, 2017, 08:24:14 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
well regardless  of my other idea being shot to hell I do hope they have helpers and cameos like the source of their inspiration.
#1528  November 11, 2017, 09:21:19 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
So all that hard work and content from the 2D original just thrown in the trash?

The new stuff looks fluid but in comparison wih the old it just looks ....meh.

I’m more excited about this “more powerful mugen” it seems they have but I can’t really say I’m excited for this.

Oh well
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#1529  November 11, 2017, 11:16:11 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
It seemed that the old wip had at least 6-8 playable chars almost
done.  They should of just released what was finished already.

This new rebirth game needs a new title and topic..im sorry this
Is not card sagas wars.
#1530  November 11, 2017, 01:23:02 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, it's nothing compared to CSW of old but guys, you make it sound like this isn't even worth doing or looking at. Sure it looks very different, but it's super early (just now showing gameplay concepts with Link) and already getting the axe from you guys. I just wonder if this was under a different name and had a different approach, would you guys change your tune about this? No one knows what happened with the original and if people even try to talk to the original team about it, nothing comes out of them or they won't even acknowledge it like something really bad happened to their work. All i'm saying is that there is a team out there that's trying their best to live up to expectations, they probably can't make the sprites like the old game, but from what I see in the trailer, they're trying to replicate the gameplay. Just keep a very watchful eye on it, CSW was very ambitious and left us awestruck....this is like comparing apples to oranges at this point. The group is a bunch of fans trying to capture the gold that the old game created, and this is probably they way of saying "we want to bring some of that magic back".
Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:27:14 pm by R565
#1531  November 11, 2017, 02:11:02 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I was a huge fan back in the day, and I know where you guys are coming from with this, but again, first of it is the closest thing to a new hope of trying out the system/gameplay. Second is that it's very early in development, so anything could happen. Third is that, the charm of the first in terms of graphics where something special in its entirety, but this is something complete different, but different does not make it bad, in fact it looks really good, especially for early work footage, so I can't wait for it. Fourth is the talk about this "more powerful/advance stage of Mugen" as well as the Online feature (can't remember if online was going to be in the original cards.) ... And fifth, like everything mugen, it's done on fans admiration and spare time, so what they do is more than anyone else thus far has shown us that they want something out of the original idea.

So, I say, go for it, this sounds like fun. Even if this is not like the original, I still can't wait to see what more comes out of this. It looks exciting, and I don't mind the jump to 3D, even if the 2D sprites where the beautiful original intention, this seems like a sequal to a lost prequal. They got my support, and I can't wait to see how they do the summonings, and the amount of different playable characters, so that the moveset will become diverse.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1532  November 11, 2017, 02:49:54 pm
#1533  November 11, 2017, 05:02:45 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#1534  June 24, 2018, 01:18:05 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
#1535  June 24, 2018, 04:02:27 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#1536  June 24, 2018, 04:05:22 pm
He didn't. It was already present in the game.
#1537  June 24, 2018, 04:40:11 pm
    • Germany
Sadly they already said on twitter that they don't finish the project and just released it to show what they can do, because they now want to use there skills to get some real work. so it's kind of a promo demo or something like that.
#1538  June 24, 2018, 04:41:15 pm
ive been waiting on this game for years! glad its finally out!
#1539  June 24, 2018, 04:46:34 pm
Been a long time coming. Feels like it's truly been an eternity.

Sadly they already said on twitter that they don't finish the project and just released it to show what they can do, because they now want to use there skills to get some real work. so it's kind of a promo demo or something like that.

From what I'm to understand they found real work and had some real life responsibilities to handle so that's why they stopped to begin with.