YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6665965 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: New version of M.U.G.E.N. released... LATEST RELEASE RC8 on July 5
#1161  September 29, 2010, 08:01:30 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:44:32 pm by RicePigeon
#1162  October 08, 2010, 03:04:47 pm
  • Thoughts are never Actions unless there Memories
Hmm...Mugen 1.0? man i gotta read these forums more oftenly. Anywho i just went and got a Kamekaze char for 1.0 everything seemed normal except the sff im guessing that requires a tool to open since it's mainly sprites. So what is this anyway? just Winmugen with more high Def? read the first 10 pages or so of the forum...apparently you get high Def hitsparks. so here's my question list if anyone wants to answer it.

What new stuff does Mugen 1.0 offer?
Will it accept High Def or Normal stages from Winmugen?
Is this version going to allow more charcter transformation possibilities?
Will this version be easier or harder to use than WinMugen?
Is there any specific programs required for Mugen 1.0 to run properly? (i'd imagine not but mine as well ask)
Will this maybe help Authors creating characters for this version easier or more difficult? (planning on getting a Fighter Factory after Christmas)

That's all. =)
The Wikkens Will Rise!
"To follow our path, to complete our goals, A Wikken's way is truly whole, for we seek the thrill of challenge, none too bleak*too easy* But until the day we all shall peak!"-WiCloud
#1163  October 08, 2010, 03:21:19 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
What new stuff does Mugen 1.0 offer?
- High Definition
- no crashes
- possibility to loop the music
- AILevel trigger to code AI which difficulty is based on the AI Settings in the options.
- Trigger to access info on the Stage (for stage interaction).
- New SFF format which principal property is to allow changed of palettes on-the-fly during a fight, as well as accepting more than 12 palettes.

A new version, Mugen 1.1 is in private alpha-test state, and offers more :
- Stage zooming
- GFX card accelerated renderer (for max speed on computers)
- Use of 24 bits (even 32 maybe) images instead of the current 16 bits format.

Will it accept High Def or Normal stages from Winmugen?
95% of the stuff made for Winmugen is still compatible. Stuff with faulty code may crash. Also, SPs made for Winmugen plus won't be compatible without modification. All the rest is good to go (even HR stages made for Winmugen plus : Elecbyte added compatibility for them).

Is this version going to allow more charcter transformation possibilities?
For now, the remappal allows to change palettes during a fight. A good example of this is this Complete Change Ryu : http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=114987.0

Will this version be easier or harder to use than WinMugen?
In the user point of view, there's not much difference really. You'll have to set the resolution, to choose whether you use LR, HR or HD, and if you're using widescreen or 4:3 ratio.
The rest is exactly the same.

Is there any specific programs required for Mugen 1.0 to run properly? (i'd imagine not but mine as well ask)
Nope. You download the Mugen archive at Elecbyte's website, and you play.

Will this maybe help Authors creating characters for this version easier or more difficult? (planning on getting a Fighter Factory after Christmas)
That's a cheap Christmas present. :P
More seriously, new mugen has new triggers, which means new possibilities, so it can only make things more complicated. If you know how to code for Winmugen, then you know how to code for Mugen 1.0, it's just that some new things have been added.
Also, Fighter Factory can't open SFFv2 for now, but it's not much of a problem if you plan on using the old SFF format, which is still compatible. You should use SFFv2 only if you plan on giving transformations or palette changes to your character.
VirtualTek, creators of Fighter Factory, are currently working on a new version of the program with new features and total compatibility with Mugen 1.0

I hope this helps. ;)
#1164  October 08, 2010, 04:08:06 pm
Thank You Cy this helps a lot. but as im aware with Daimon Mau's Sol Engrenado it has ability to change it's body palette's and also alters some of it's attack when changing to Dark Order Sol although it is temporary it shows that character transformation is possible in WinMugen. I hope to make a character with transforming palettes on it which will..well...be me lol! Im going to make me and me transforming into a Wikken where all palettes will change to a much darker color but brighter around the face and chest (because a symbol will appear there). This is a full transformation for which im talking about it would alter most attacks and also increase speed and jump limit *he'd only have 1 jump but 2 when he transforms*. Daimon Mau almost achieved this in his Sol that i mentioned. I can imagine that this will not be easy to do but it's just a plan for the future and it may not happen depending on reality events for me.

I should go ask Daimon Mau about a transforming code and practice with it.
The Wikkens Will Rise!
"To follow our path, to complete our goals, A Wikken's way is truly whole, for we seek the thrill of challenge, none too bleak*too easy* But until the day we all shall peak!"-WiCloud
#1165  October 08, 2010, 04:19:39 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It is possible to apply palette transformations in Winmugen too, but they'll be fucked up in custom states, because the character will go back to his normal gethit anims when in a custom state (being thrown for example).
#1166  October 08, 2010, 04:32:34 pm
That and if im not careful than getting thrown will cause the character to float off the damn screen. Muteki's Sol always glitches Dark Order Sol Nobody else not even Muteki's Ky can make him glitch! but yet Sol by Muteki can! i mentioned it to Daimon but he hasn't responded to that yet.

Anywho This me with a Wikken form....im going to try to becareful so he isn't glitched during interruptions, grapples, Screen Freeze Supers/Hypers (Za Warudo as example). He'll have a charge up state before doing the transformation which gives characters a chance to stop him because his Wikken form will be more difficult as i plan it to be.

Ya i can imagine Mugen 1.0 helping me with this but i need to go read up on coding, spriting, and also try to see if i can make an original where my guy won't have copied moves from other fighters but that'll be challenging and i may end up doing so.
The Wikkens Will Rise!
#1167  October 26, 2010, 08:11:10 pm
I can't even find a changelog list even in wiki
#1168  October 26, 2010, 08:18:23 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Check the "bugfixes and more" link in the index page for the update log.
#1169  November 13, 2010, 04:57:01 am
I for somereason can't use my Q W E (the Q work for somereason)
                                                  A S D
keys for my control. (I used these control since i started M.U.G.EN) Why won't it work ? Elecbyte should fix that.
Double Double
#1170  November 13, 2010, 08:11:33 am
  • The flying rocket! Formerly known as Monkey-Mugen
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/MonkeysBranch/
I for somereason can't use my Q W E (the Q work for somereason)
                                                  A S D
keys for my control. (I used these control since i started M.U.G.EN) Why won't it work ? Elecbyte should fix that.
go into options and change the control scheme

derp derp
Ever heard of me? No? Then chances are I've never heard of you either.
#1171  November 13, 2010, 06:23:38 pm
Double Double
#1172  November 13, 2010, 09:03:27 pm
  • Yo
    • USA
Well I'm still waiting for a more stable version, but it looks okay for the time being. 8)
#1173  November 14, 2010, 07:42:51 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
#1174  November 14, 2010, 09:42:47 am
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
IIRC the Q is used by default to quit the program, so don't use it.

DMK

#1175  November 14, 2010, 11:11:28 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Heh...I never knew that. Probably because I've always used a joystick/controller to play.
#1176  November 14, 2010, 05:28:08 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
That was in winmugen. In mugen 1.0 you can use q if you want.
#1177  November 14, 2010, 06:31:26 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada

You guys keep bumping the thread making me think 1.1 got released.
Stop giving me false hope.
#1178  November 14, 2010, 06:34:30 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#1179  November 15, 2010, 12:27:24 am
  • I am AEEEEEGGUOUUR

Links lead to their original Elecbyte posts.
#1180  November 19, 2010, 12:00:36 am
IIRC the Q is used by default to quit the program, so don't use it.

The only keys that doesn't work is W,E,A,S,D.

So.... I tried changing the controls but still not working. (Barely some of the keys works)
Double Double