YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6757455 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elecbyte is back? New version of M.U.G.E.N. released...
#521  September 25, 2009, 12:48:05 am
    • USA
#522  September 25, 2009, 12:49:15 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yes but you need to downgrade him.
#523  September 25, 2009, 12:51:41 am
    • USA
#524  September 25, 2009, 12:55:03 am
Redo his SFF, redo the code so the new stuff are removed, etc.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

Jax

#525  September 25, 2009, 12:55:20 am
  • :l
    • jaxforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Stop judging a book by its cover and look at these.

FUCK YOU BITCH I'M THE NICEST MOTHERFUCKER YOU'LL EVER FIND IN THIS SHITHOLE AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME THEN YOU CAN JUST KILL YOURSELF FOR ALL I CARE.

... FUCK!!
#526  September 25, 2009, 12:58:21 am
    • USA
im green with envy. I hate my computer.
#527  September 25, 2009, 01:27:45 am
  • hecc
Does the EVE Screenpack work with the new MUGEN?
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#528  September 25, 2009, 01:51:18 am
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Current Status: N/A
#529  September 25, 2009, 01:52:05 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
OMG!!!!

Hey guys... have you tried a fresh install of this new version? I've got working this jewel by just executing it  o_O... maybe that could be the reason. First tried 1280x960 and worked properly (just a lil' frame skip), then configured my keys, my simul settings and played a bit (not too much, my monitor doesn't support such resolutions :( ). Then exit, changed my resolution in the GameWith and Height parameters to 640 x 480, restarted mugen... no problems.

If you get issues with the HD screenpack included in the Mugen pack, you can change to the old default sp, just delete the /mugen1 part in the motif line. (Got this from the elecbyte forum).

My System:
S.O.: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
Procesor: AM2 AMD Semprom 3400+ 1.8 Ghz 64 Bit (only using 32 due S.O. Limitation)
RAM: 1 GB DDR2 RAM PC-5300 (667 Mhz) Kingston
VGA: nVidia Geforce 6100 nForce 405 (Integrated, Chipset MCP61, 256 MB Max, Using 64)
HD: MAXTOR Diamond Max 10 SATA II 160 GB (2 Partitions: 30 GB System, 130 GB for everything else)
Monitor: Compaq MV540 (Yes... it sucks...)

As far as you can see is not a dual core or core 2 or something like that (Like Cyanide says), is just a standard system (but for me, the best :) ) But this thing worked perfectly.

Also tested in a Virtual Machine running Windows 2000 SP4 (No RollUp Update installed) and worked properly too (few frame skip due RAM amount), This one had 128 MB RAM, 8 MB VRAM, and same processor (So maybe this thing goes on lower processors, like 900 or even 700 Mhz)... They need to update the readme, they say this onnly run on Windows XP/Vista/7, but 2000 does too...

I hope that, anyways, the elecbyte team can fix the issues with other PC's, otherwise full game releasing will be very hard and buggy... Maybe I'm wrong, but I guess that fresh install of this new version will solve problems related to it... I hope so.

Congrats to elecbyte for returning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya!!!!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:08:58 am by FerchogtX
#530  September 25, 2009, 01:53:38 am
  • hecc
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#531  September 25, 2009, 02:09:55 am
    • Mexico
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]

Jax

#532  September 25, 2009, 02:31:35 am
  • :l
    • jaxforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
What is THIS?

FUCK YOU BITCH I'M THE NICEST MOTHERFUCKER YOU'LL EVER FIND IN THIS SHITHOLE AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME THEN YOU CAN JUST KILL YOURSELF FOR ALL I CARE.

... FUCK!!
#533  September 25, 2009, 02:42:20 am
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Current Status: N/A
#534  September 25, 2009, 02:52:12 am
  • Luck can be statistics or superstition.
    • Malaysia
    • http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User:Mineko_Charat_Lucky
Well... speaking of the new MUGEN, I think the OpenSourceMugen is now officially EPIC FAIL, maybe, even though if it is real or not.

OSM just died off and nobody remembers anymore.

I am but a living fossil these days.
#535  September 25, 2009, 03:16:08 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Then... why remind everyone?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#536  September 25, 2009, 03:56:36 am
This is still exciting as hell lol, seriously.
#537  September 25, 2009, 04:11:15 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Well, as it turns out, I had to replace sdl.dll to get Mugen to work, but so far, it works fine.

Though I now have to increase the SprPriority on Felicia's powerbars because they no longer show up in Stage00. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. :-\

Also tested in a Virtual Machine running Windows 2000 SP4 (No RollUp Update installed) and worked properly too (few frame skip due RAM amount), This one had 128 MB RAM, 8 MB VRAM, and same processor (So maybe this thing goes on lower processors, like 900 or even 700 Mhz)... They need to update the readme, they say this onnly run on Windows XP/Vista/7, but 2000 does too...

Windows 2000 and XP are almost identical - there are only a few small coding differences and aesthetic changes, so it's not really coincidental that Mugen 1.0 runs fine on 2000.

Also, Mugen 1.0 can run in a VERY low resource environment (my processor is 648 Mhz, for example), so I assume that the requirements listed are more like recommendations than concrete criteria for Mugen.
Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:16:33 am by Vegeta 20XX - Revision B
#538  September 25, 2009, 04:53:13 am
I wonder if Elecbyte really is back, will they do ports to homebrew enabled consoles as well?

I believe I speak for everyone when I say: PSP and Wii is in dire need of some mugen.
#539  September 25, 2009, 05:07:06 am
    • Mexico
Windows 2000 and XP are almost identical - there are only a few small coding differences and aesthetic changes, so it's not really coincidental that Mugen 1.0 runs fine on 2000.

Also, Mugen 1.0 can run in a VERY low resource environment (my processor is 648 Mhz, for example), so I assume that the requirements listed are more like recommendations than concrete criteria for Mugen.
Oh yeah... but when you code a program, you can make it look into registry for checking which version of windows you are using, so, if they said it worken only on those systems, i spected mugen to fail loading in win2000, but it seems that this version has the limitation of only working on NT enviornments (Maybe Win NT can run this... but I've got no copy of this last SO to test) win 9x enviornment is definitively out of this range (tested on win 98 and ME and doesn't load anymore, the famous "This program needs a newer version of Windows" window appear).

BTW I got another hint here... I don't see anyone posting their SOUND cards specs, I mean, if you got a Sound Blaster, or anything else... I?ve tested this version in another win2000 PC, but with 700 Mhx Celeron CPU, 184 MB RAM, 8 MB Video (SIS 630) and the most interesting: C-Mixer sound card... and... fail!!!... yes! it failed to load, it got an exception error, then I proceded to download SDL.dll v1.2 and then tried to load again, result: success!!!... a bit slow (because of the crappy SIS630 Card) but worked...

I guess that this has something to do with the sound cards... In my Case, my XP SP3 System Got a Realtek on board HD Sound Card, the virtual machine has a Sound Blaster 16 type one... on these ones mugen runs with its default sdl.dll, but c-mixer needs the replacement...

Either I would suggest to use that version of the library for further versions, or to change to another type of sound support, I ignore if there is another one...

I hope this will be fixed soon, many mugen players will be sad if this continues :(

See ya!!! :D
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#540  September 25, 2009, 05:08:39 am
    • Peru
Why people is so obsessed with console releases?
I think they'll focus on making it better for PC before even thinking about a port.