YesNoOk

New Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi!!!! (Read 168344 times)

Started by k6666orochi, March 06, 2023, 01:01:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi!!!!
#21  March 09, 2023, 04:13:30 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
And even with how massive the roster was, both classic DB and GT were still underrepresented.
#22  March 09, 2023, 06:38:41 pm
    • Brazil
I mean, classic DB was shit, if we're being perfectly honest, but hey, its good that they had some characters.
#23  March 09, 2023, 06:42:41 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
nah, classic DB is much better than the later half of DBZ (and DB Super)

at least classic DB had actually interesting battles with actual interesting gimmicks instead of being a Power Level dick measuring contest
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#24  March 09, 2023, 10:47:52 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
nah, classic DB is much better than the later half of DBZ (and DB Super)

at least classic DB had actually interesting battles with actual interesting gimmicks instead of being a Power Level dick measuring contest

This.
#25  March 10, 2023, 03:36:38 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
That's a hot take if I've seen one.
#26  December 08, 2023, 03:43:09 am

So, FighterZ but Tenkaichi. Feels like the roster is just FighterZ but there's a literal blink of that wolf furry just before Jiren, both Saiyan armor and Capsule Corp Trunks, so.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 03:46:40 am by Byakko
#27  December 08, 2023, 06:51:05 am
    • Brazil
You do realize that is not the complete roster, right? Like, if this game has as many characters as Budokai Tenkaichi 3, do you really think they'd be able to show everyone?
#28  December 08, 2023, 08:34:52 am
No shit Sherlock
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#29  December 08, 2023, 08:36:47 am
    • Brazil
Then why, Watson, are you saying "feels like the roster is just FighterZ"? You have literally no evidence of that whatsoever.
#30  December 08, 2023, 09:49:42 am
Because that's most of the trailer they're putting out with barely a glimpse of something not from FighterZ what do you not understand
There were rumors that the cast would surpass Tenkaichi 3 and this trailer shows mostly FighterZ but in Tenkaichi which is what I'm saying, so that's a bit of a letdown on the hype
I'm not expecting the full roster reveal, I would have hoped for literally at least one character demo that we haven't seen yet. We're barely getting a blink.
Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 09:55:44 am by Byakko
#31  December 10, 2023, 02:19:02 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
They will probably release more trailers revealling more characters. If Bergamo of all characters is in this video, anyone who is slightly more important than him will be in the game for sure. I'm just worried about DLCs (I didn't see any movie character like Janemba or Cooler, nor any classic or GT character like Baby). Since the Tenkaichi series are known for its big roster and the last one was released 15 years ago before DLC was a thing, I'm afraid they will take the oportunity to abuse our pockets.

So far I'm liking it, graphics are amazing.
#32  December 10, 2023, 02:37:42 am
    • Brazil
I'm sure they'll include at least all notable contestants from the Tournament of Power:

• Ribrianne, Kakunsa and Roasie from Universe 2 (not sure if they'd include their human forms, since they aren't show fighting in those), and potentially Zarbuto, Rabanra and Zirloin with their magical girl transformations. Maybe Jimizu too.
  • Agnilasa from Universe 3... honestly, the only notable one, and that's a fusion between several characters.
  • Ganos from Universe 4. Maaaaaybe Dercori because she has unique powers, but I doubt it.
  • Everyone from Universe 6, except maybe Botamo and Dr. Rota, though I can see the latter added as a joke character.
  • I don't remember anyone from Universe 7... who? (/s)
  • If Bergamo is in, then I'm sure Basil and Lavender should show up as well for Universe 9.
  • Universe 10 has literally no notable fighters. Maybe they'll add Lilibeu because she was marked for being the first eliminated contestant or maybe Obni because he was the last one and had the whole "he had his family" thing.
  • Universe 11 is definitely gonna have Top and Dyspo (Jiren was already shown), but the other troopers aren't very special.

I could also see them bringing Whis, Vados, Beerus and Champa, they were playable in Xenoverse, so it would make sense to see them here. Android #21 also has a shot, since her thing seems to be showing up in all videogames.
#33  December 21, 2023, 06:13:09 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
It's possible this game won't have as many characters as BT3 (which has the 2nd most characters in any fighting game roster), but it's silly to think it wouldn't have a bloated roster. If the roster isn't obscenely oversaturated or unbalanced, it's not an arena anime fighter.
#34  December 22, 2023, 08:40:11 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
It's possible this game won't have as many characters as BT3 (which has the 2nd most characters in any fighting game roster), but it's silly to think it wouldn't have a bloated roster. If the roster isn't obscenely oversaturated or unbalanced, it's not an arena anime fighter.

yeah, no

if the roster doesn't have at least as many characters as BT3, then it won't be bloated enough to be worthy of the Budokai Tenkaichi name
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#35  January 29, 2024, 08:43:11 am

And we've got a select screen. It's big. 164 slots.
And they already filled 24 of them with Goku and Vegeta, that's pretty funny, getting that out of the way.
#36  January 29, 2024, 08:01:22 pm
    • Brazil
I hate that, honestly, but I guess it does fit in with Budokai Tenkaichi... I just hope the variety of roster is also fitting with Budokai Tenkaichi. Also... like, the trailer looked cool... but it did nothing to hype me up more. Like "Hey guys, we're gonna have all forms of Goku and Vegeta"... wow... what a surprise... now show me something I don't see in every Dragon Ball game.
#37  March 20, 2024, 04:55:46 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Characters pre-Super includes Trunks, Master Roshi, Jeice, Burter, and Nappa.

Characters from the Super era includes Toppo, Dypso, Kakunsa, Hit, Kale, and DBS Broly.

And we aren't even halfway through the whole roster.

Also, it's so good seeing Burter's original Tenkachi combos return.
#38  March 20, 2024, 06:45:45 pm
    • Brazil
Revealing Kakunsa basically guarantees that Ribrianne will also be in, I wonder if they'll include Roasie to finish the trio.