YesNoOk

Suggestions for the game. (Read 13996 times)

Started by recruta42, November 22, 2007, 01:47:37 am
Suggestions for the game.
#1  November 22, 2007, 01:47:37 am
  • Call me Private42.
This topic is dedicated to see your own suggestions about the game. Can be anything related to chars/stages/gamesystem/etc.

SOME RULES:

1 - Know to order your ideas putting numbers in front of them like:

1-suggestion 1
     2-suggestion 2
     3-suggestion 3

2 - NEVER EVER TALK ABOUT OTHERS SUGGESTIONS! Just put your own and walk away. I want to collect the most ideas from the community, analyse them and see what is viable and what is not...

Thanks

Re: Suggestions for the game.
#2  November 22, 2007, 04:18:42 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Good idea, recruta ;) OK, I started with some suggestions:

1. For those revived characters from SS2 (like Gen-an, for example), create a Bust mode for them with variations of their actual moves (again with Gen-an, making a vertical or diagonal Mad Roll, for example). Same for SS5-6 chars
  2. Basing in last suggestion, for Wan-Fu probably a change of weapon for his Bust mode (the stone pillar or the scimmitar instead the warhammer)
  3. Which stages want to use for the project?? Only from SS4 and above or also from SS1-3??
  4. Shiki and Asura for this game!! I hope someone wants to edit them to fit in the project
  5. A change in the lifebars, they are very simple for an ambitious game like this. Maybe a mixture from all games of the series

Those're my suggestions for now, I hope some of them can be done in the project ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  November 22, 2007, 08:02:28 am
Maybe a newbie here, but...

1. Other than Shiki and Asura, I like to Add Yagyu Hanma, Morosumi Taisan and Yuga in this game. I hope someone does that.
2. If possible, an Implementation of the spirits of Asura Zanmaden and Samurai Shodown: Samurai Spirits (SS64).
3. Should the Animal characters (ala PS2 Tenka) be included or not?
4. If possible, designate a certain Kanji for a certain, if it is OK.

That's all I can add.
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
#4  November 22, 2007, 04:20:19 pm
hey recruta,i whanna add some of my ideas 

1.handicap setting,something like ss4 i guess and also handicap about ur life bar in the game
this would balance some things out

2.sword clash competetion,the button mashing should be changed with rock,scissors,paper kind of engine
(ex. weak beats medium,medum beats kick and kick beats weak,if u both press same button u both lose ur weapons) come to think of it,this might need a lot of programing  :-\

3.traning mode,with all of those options

4.dodge,duck,roll,and evade that are made with the special button should be in the game

5.deflect should be made like in tenka qcf+special and also there should be deflection for lower slash attacks also lets say qcb+special

...i could go all day with suggestions  :sugoi:

#5  November 22, 2007, 09:48:51 pm
  • Call me Private42.
Nice suggestions from everybody...I need to evaluate them in the future...

Ronin...

Plz then keep them coming! I want more and more suggestions....Let´s turn this game into something that the samurai community always dreamed to be...I know I cannot pleases eveybody but I will try my best...Also check the Damage topic...I think it is really important to discuss this...

To not contrary my topic, unless someone ask, I will not give feedback about your suggestions ;) But..keep them coming...and thanks for contributing
#6  December 03, 2007, 10:12:12 am
  • Call me Private42.
Well, I would like to ask, if possible, to add some suggestions about new specials/powers/abilities for haohmaru. I was playing HnK this weekend and found so many creative moves on that game...Would be cool to make each char really specialized in something...
#7  December 03, 2007, 10:53:35 pm
  • MUGEN MK creator & Samurai Shodown player
Easily

SS64_2 Shura/Rasetsu Haohmaru Moves

Crescent Moon Slash (weak) Haohmaru does circular slash and thrusts it to the air as he jumps upward
Crescent Moon Slash (strong) Haohmaru does circular slash and thrusts it to the air as he jumps upward
Crescent Moon Slash (raged)   
Whirlwind Cutting (weak) Haohmaru slashes the air sending a small tornado which will carry opponent in the air by impact
Whirlwind Cutting (strong) Haohmaru slashes the air sending a small tornado which will carry opponent in the air by impact
Whirlwind Cutting (raged) Tornado becomes big and now travels all screen
Earthquake Slice (close) Haohmaru flips in the air as does massive downward slash which slams his sword flat on the ground
Earthquake Slice (far) Haohmaru flips in the air as does massive downward slash which slams his sword flat on the ground
Sake Bottle Bash - Haohmaru swings his sake bottle to hit the enemy (it seems it doesnt reflect fireballs here)

SS64_2 Shura Haohmaru

Mighty Toss {C} - Haohmaru grabs enemy and does two quick slashes, sending opponent away

POWER SPECIAL      
Celestial Storm Ender - Haohmaru does many Crescent Moon Slashes while on ground then jumps in the air continiously hitting opponent with the sword edge

SS64_2 Rasetsu Haohmaru

Rage Attack {C} - Haohmaru grabs opponent and does huge horisontal slash that knocks opponent away

POWER IMPULSE CHAINS      
Power Impulse   Haohmaru rams opponent with his shoulder
_Power Impulse   _Haohmaru rams opponent with his shoulder
_Follow Swipe   _Haohmaru follows with upward sword swing (crouching heavy slash)
__Surging Wave   __Haohmaru follows with downward sword swing (heavy slash)
___Crescent Moon Slash (any version) ___Haohmaru does circular slash as he jumps upward
___Earthquake Slice (any version) ___Haohmaru flips in the air as does massive downward slash which slams his sword flat on the ground
___Blinding Storm Slash ___Haohmaru turns around and delivers powerful slash with energy arc (it is basically just his SS3 Flashing Steel move)

POWER SPECIAL      
Celestial Destroyer of Gods - Haohmaru does short Earthquake Slice, then series of slashes followed by huge Whirlwind Cutting (actually he says there "Senpuu Ha" - Whirlwind Wave)

SSWR2 Haohmaru

Crescent Moon Slash (weak)*      Haohmaru does circular slash
_Crescent Moon Slash: Chain Slice      _Haohmaru jumps with circular slash
Crescent Moon Slash (strong)      Haohmaru does circular slash and thrusts it to the air as he jumps upward
_Crescent Moon Slash: Chain Slice      _Haohmaru jumps with circular slash
Forward Stab*      Haohmaru rears back and stabs forward
Upper Stab*      Haohmaru rears back and stabs diagonally upward
Lower Stab*      Haohmaru rears back and stabs diagonally downward
Mirror Stance      Haohmaru changes his stance to Mirror Stance
_Mirror Stance: Forward      _Haohmaru walks forward
_Mirror Stance: Backward      _Haohmaru walks backward
_Mirror Stance: Cancel      _Haohmaru cancels Mirror Stance
_Windblade      _Haohmaru does downward slash. Cancels Mirror Stance
_Helmet Splitter      _Haohmaru does upward juggle slash. Cancels Mirror Stance
_Heel Mover      _Haohmaru does low swipe. Cancels Mirror Stance
Flashing Steel      Haohmaru steps forward with massive downward slash

POWER SPECIAL      
Power Impulse Blinding Slash      Haohmaru rams opponent with his shoulder, then turns around and delivers powerful slash with energy arc

SECRET OUGI      
Celestial Sword of Last Moment      Haohmaru grabs opponent, sets him on whirlwind and finishes with Flashing Steel
#8  December 05, 2007, 02:54:12 am
  • Call me Private42.
Thanks for the suggestions BS, but I am looking for something original and I bet you are capable of doing it!
#9  December 05, 2007, 06:21:45 am
This is probably a sucky move idea, but Haohmaru could spit his sake out at the opponent, like he did in his intro in CVS. It might stunt hem for a second or make them slip...or it could at least be a funny taunt.
#10  December 05, 2007, 10:07:15 am
  • Call me Private42.
This is probably a sucky move idea, but Haohmaru could spit his sake out at the opponent, like he did in his intro in CVS. It might stunt hem for a second or make them slip...or it could at least be a funny taunt.

Seems at least very interesting...But now I need more detains like if its going to cause damage or only stun, advantages/disavatages of using it and so....a more accurated description
#11  December 05, 2007, 04:06:26 pm
Dude you know Haohmaru doesnt just "spit his sake"
He uses sake to purify blade of his sword before the battle. In other words alcohol makes blade more sterile, so thats not a ritual for the ritual.

In this aspect spitting sake on opponent will be dull.

To recruta:
You want doing something original because for old moves people can play old SS games. But that again  I doubt someone has the chance to play SS64_2

And also I wont make ideas like Haohmaru shoots a beam of energy from his blade, or teleports around or anything that doesnt corresponds his fighting style
#12  December 06, 2007, 01:52:16 am
  • Vans Worshipper
  • Ø
    • www.fongo-world.com
Maybe a rekka-ken like combination for his bust form? Like: Step, Slash -> Step, Slash -> Step, Slash.
#13  December 06, 2007, 02:46:45 am
  • oooooooooooo! Moving picture!!! =O
Suggestions???

1. Fatalities
2. Clanging of the weapons XD

That's all i guess...

Also for that Sake idea... he could spit sake at the oppenent/his sword then light it up o.o;; bad idea but.. meh...  ???

Oh! Also, are all the characters from all Samurai Shodown games will be in this game???
Proud non-emo! *Final Fantasy victory music* =D

"I am but a wanderer trapped and binded to this world for eternity. My name....is of no importance"-The Forgotten Knight

People don't change, you just know them better.
#14  December 08, 2007, 04:52:01 pm
the spiting sake move would be a good idea for haoh to use it as a power up,something like rasetsu's gcb+c in ss5sp,but without the loss of health
and for rasetsu it can be a spit in the face,he fights dirty u know :)

u can make his rdp+attack move..that earthquake breaker or whatever in 4 variations
all from ss5sp (near,medium,high in air(very damaging) and add the ss4 ver. rdp+c(that full screen attack that us good against fireball spammers like myself :P)
also he must have that sake bottle attack that reflects fireballs
Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 05:24:49 pm by Ronin
#15  February 15, 2008, 05:39:54 pm
  • Go on to the world beyond
Sorry I made my suggestions in the SS game topic.
#16  February 16, 2008, 11:38:48 am
  • Call me Private42.
Sorry I made my suggestions in the SS game topic.

Well no problem...

I don´t know if you already downloaded the beta but weapon discard and taunt are already in the game...and also that button configuration....

About the 14 hit combo I will have to think in the future about a good combo system but I didn´t discard the possibility of 14 renzan system ;)
#17  February 17, 2008, 04:22:27 pm
S.C.S. (Samurai Combo System)

SS4
CD,A,A,A [normal combo]
CD,A,B,C [knockback combo]
CD,B,B,C [juggle combo]
CD,A,A,B,B,C,C,A,B,C,C,C,C,C [rage filler combo]
ABC when you have Rage Explosion Gauge [Combination Slash]

SS64
--------------------------------
CD   [S.C.S. Combo Starter]   
-------------------------------
A,A,A,A   [S.C.S. Part 1a]    
B,B,B,B   [S.C.S. Part 1b]
---------------------------   
After this is short pause   [Pause]
---------------------------   
A/B   [S.C.S. Combobreak Moment 1]
-----------------------------   
A,A,A   [S.C.S. Part 2a]   
B,B,B   [S.C.S. Part 2b]
After this is short pause   [Pause]   
A/B   [S.C.S. Combobreak Moment 2]
------------------------------------   
A,A    [S.C.S Part 3a - Slash Finish]   
B,B    [S.C.S Part 3b - Move Finish]   
---------------------------------------
Notes:
-S.C.S. Combos drain energy in your Stamina Gauge      
-S.C.S. Combos can be activated only when your Stamina Gauge is yellow color (i.e. more or less full)   
-If you missed with S.C.S. Combo Starter, you need to press CD again to cancel S.C.S. Mode (otherwise you will still flash)      
-In S.C.S. button "A" delivers High Level hit      
-In S.C.S. button "B" delivers Low Level hit      
-During Pause opponent can block High or Low      
-If opponent successfully blocked your combo you both are pushed apart and S.C.S. Is canceled   
-During Combobreak Moment if opponent presses same button as you (A or B), he breaks your combo   
-If opponent successfully broke your combo it stuns you and leaves vulnerable to attack      

After Rage Explosion you can do custom combos

SS:AZ
CD   [S.C.S. Combo Starter - Attack Type]
>+CD before you were High or Medium hit   [S.C.S. Combo Starter - High/Mid/Back Counter Type]
v+CD before you wereLow hit   [S.C.S. Combo Starter - Low Counter Type]

CD,A,A,A   [Damaging combo] (damage emphazises on last A slash)
CD,B,B,B   [Juggle combo]
CD,A,A,B,B,C,C,A,B,C [Rage filler combo] (opponent also fills his rage gauge from this almost always)

SS Pocket 2
<+B   [S.C.S. Combo Starter]   
<+B,A,A,B   [Damaging combo] (damage emphazises on last B slash)
<+B,B,B,B   [Juggle combo]
<+B,A,A,A   [Rage filler combo] (fills HALF of rage gauge)

SS:Kenkaku (Warriors Rage 2)
After Rage Explosion Heavy Slash and d+Heavy Slash turn into Combo Slashes so you can do custom combos

SS:TK
CD [S.C.S. Combo Starter]
-You can use A, B, C buttons in combos (3 slashes)
-If you repeat one of them 3 times combo breaks
-If you press lesser powerful slash than previous was, combo breaks
=> So longest combo is CD,A,A,B,B,C,C,C (and this one fills half of Rage gauge)
#18  February 22, 2008, 07:10:32 am
  • Go on to the world beyond
Yeah sorry about that I made the comment before I downloaded the game but I played it now and think it's coming along great!
#19  February 24, 2008, 01:29:24 am
  • Mugen means Infinite
    • idiotboxtv.net/
#20  February 24, 2008, 08:23:54 am
  • Mugen means Infinite
    • idiotboxtv.net/