YesNoOk

Another Blade - playable alpha version (Read 57281 times)

Started by mr_bourrepalestick, November 17, 2016, 11:44:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Another Blade - playable alpha version
#41  March 11, 2017, 06:20:16 pm
    • France
A footage of Arcade mode playthrough with current WIP character for the game : Kaede !

Next things he'll get soon :
  • smears effects on his sword moves
  • special moves.

ps. : I based my work on Ildanaf's Normal Kaede for sprites, and Bagaliao's Awakened Kaede for sounds.
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade

ExL

#42  March 12, 2017, 04:18:05 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Nicely done, man
What specials are you planning for him? "PAAAWAAAH WAAAAVE!"?
Awakened one(which I don't like) kinda overshadowed my memories of how Kaede may play, I remember though there was no electricity except thunder struck super AFAIK there was shoryuken with additional move(second input) and slash that covered lot of space horizontally...
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#43  April 04, 2017, 10:25:33 am
    • France
Some news and a release with an unfinished version of Kaede. Why is Kaede unfinished even a month after the first vids ?
Well because I've been working on a parallel release of Another Blade on Ikemen ! >>>right here.

Last footage with Kaede playthrough is a good preview of the current version ;)
I'll add a portrait and data for Kaede when he is at the same stage as the 4 previous ones.

Have fun guys !
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:20:14 pm by mr_bourrepalestick
#44  April 16, 2017, 01:19:55 pm
    • France
Quick edit : current version is 17-04-B .
I've updated the Gdrive file, so the link in the post right above redirects to it.

Why this edit ? After some cleaning in fight.sff and fight.def (unused sprites, palettes, anims etc.) there were some unintended behaviour in characters' small portraits, for a reason I couldn't understand. So I've just downgraded those 2 files to previous version where everything worked just fine. So all is OK now :)

Have fun !
#45  May 07, 2017, 12:09:44 pm
    • France
I realize that the game did not advance much in the past month, IRL stuff first (new job, new car etc.).  My apologies as I promised new contents.
But hey, we have a dedicated section (> here)  that needs to be worked on too :)

Hope to see you guys there !