YesNoOk

CPS2SF, a CPS2 Soundfont by me. (Read 22857 times)

Started by Yang, November 08, 2014, 04:46:08 pm
Share this topic:
CPS2SF, a CPS2 Soundfont by me.
#1  November 08, 2014, 04:46:08 pm
==========================
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Introduction
2. Release information.
3. Sample information
4. Download information

1. Introduction
CPS2SF is a soundfont by MagniusKun. This soundfont will be useful if you want to emulate the sound found in CPS2 arcade games. The
majority of the samples in this soundfont are from the "Capcom Sound Pack". However, some of the samples found in this soundfont were
ripped by me. This soundfont is not complete and more instruments will be added later.

2. Release information.

V1.0:
In this version, you'll find most of the instruments used in CPS2 arcade games. This soundfont includes guitar samples, bass samples, organ samples and much more. In this version of the soundfont you also have 3 different drum kits. The 3 drum kits include a standard kit, a power kit and a TR808 kit.

3. Sample information
In this section, I will list which games the samples are from. However, I will only list the samples that I ripped.

MM2Organ - Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Pizzicato Strings - Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara
Slap Bass - Street Fighter Alpha 2
Choir - Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Polysynth - Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Orchestra hit - Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Standard kit - Street Fighter Alpha 2
Power kit - Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
TR808 - Darkstalkers 3

===========================
4. Download information
===========================
You can preview the soundfont here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMAmXwIjwXw

You can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/824lr559fw72dub/CPS2SFV1.0.zip
Check out my original music on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagniusKun?feature=mhee
Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:01:29 pm by Yang
Re: CPS2SF, a CPS2 Soundfont by me.
#2  November 08, 2014, 05:34:21 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'm no music composer, but that just looking at that preview video, I can say I'm already digging the nice variation of instruments you've made. I'm certain this will come in handy for many people~

Shit
#3  November 08, 2014, 06:51:21 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
A CPS2 VST? I've been looking for one of these for ages! This is really gonna help me! Thanks Yang! :D :D
This is a generic forum signature.
#4  November 09, 2014, 01:04:28 am
    • maximoff.alreadyread.net
Coming from someone who doesn't really have any experience with midis, what would be the best program (hopefully free) to apply this to already existing midi files?
#5  November 09, 2014, 01:21:18 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
To put it best, this share is pretty fucking cool. I also went ahead and posted this on Facebook. ;D
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#6  November 09, 2014, 04:36:09 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Coming from someone who doesn't really have any experience with midis, what would be the best program (hopefully free) to apply this to already existing midi files?

I use TiMidity.

And this sound font is going to need a lot more work... some MIDIs just sound completely off-key in this. I'll try linking the offenders if it helps out.
#7  November 09, 2014, 07:17:34 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Super cool these sound tracks.
#8  November 09, 2014, 12:37:17 pm

I use TiMidity.

And this sound font is going to need a lot more work... some MIDIs just sound completely off-key in this. I'll try linking the offenders if it helps out.
Thanks for the critique man. It would definitely help improve the soundfont if you posted the offenders.

#9  November 09, 2014, 05:24:31 pm
  • Behold my unerring mediocrity
It's about time someone tried putting together a soundfont full of this fun stuff.

But, I don't think it should be just one total soundfont that encompasses "everything."  CPS2 has a lot of games, each with their own kinds of unique sets of instruments leading to a particular style of sound to each game.  Meshing them all together into one soundfont is gonna end up like Setzer's SPC Soundfont, or the Ultimate Mega Drive Soundfont.  Which are mostly just cherry-picked favorite instruments that have no real cohesion to the sound they give out (for us purists anyway).

So, I wouldn't call it a CPS2 soundfont.  Something more like...  How about "The Capcom QSoundfont"?  I'd split it up into several soundfonts, because of sound palettes that change between games, if that makes any sense.  Like, let's say...  The soundfont that features a lot of Marvel vs. series instruments also includes instruments from the likes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Warzard, Star Gladiator, Strider 2 and such, since they draw from the same kind of instrument palette in this case. 

But as far as issues with the soundfont itself, go...  This is from FL Studio's soundfont player, but here:

- Instruments 1, 20 (should be Organ 3), 34, and 37 are all missing loop points.
- Instrument 12...  You should really sample that one from the games rather than the high quality version there.
- Instrument 46 needs to be pitch tuned up by 40 cents.
- For accuracy's sake, allow Instrument 49 the full range of octaves.
- Instrument 53 needs to be pitch tuned down by 40 cents.
- Instrument 56, I'd just have the orchestra hit once and have it panned in the center.
- Instrument 62 stands as a bit of the issue I was describing above.  It's clearly of a different sound palette and sounds really ugly compared to the rest of the sounds.  Only way to fix this is with some EQ work.
- Instrument 64 probably shouldn't pan out how it does with looping.
- Instrument 91 has some issues looping.
Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:40:31 pm by Fuzn
#10  November 23, 2014, 10:08:23 pm
It's about time someone tried putting together a soundfont full of this fun stuff.

But, I don't think it should be just one total soundfont that encompasses "everything."  CPS2 has a lot of games, each with their own kinds of unique sets of instruments leading to a particular style of sound to each game.  Meshing them all together into one soundfont is gonna end up like Setzer's SPC Soundfont, or the Ultimate Mega Drive Soundfont.  Which are mostly just cherry-picked favorite instruments that have no real cohesion to the sound they give out (for us purists anyway).

So, I wouldn't call it a CPS2 soundfont.  Something more like...  How about "The Capcom QSoundfont"?  I'd split it up into several soundfonts, because of sound palettes that change between games, if that makes any sense.  Like, let's say...  The soundfont that features a lot of Marvel vs. series instruments also includes instruments from the likes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Warzard, Star Gladiator, Strider 2 and such, since they draw from the same kind of instrument palette in this case. 

But as far as issues with the soundfont itself, go...  This is from FL Studio's soundfont player, but here:

- Instruments 1, 20 (should be Organ 3), 34, and 37 are all missing loop points.
- Instrument 12...  You should really sample that one from the games rather than the high quality version there.
- Instrument 56, I'd just have the orchestra hit once and have it panned in the center.
- Instrument 62 stands as a bit of the issue I was describing above.  It's clearly of a different sound palette and sounds really ugly compared to the rest of the sounds.  Only way to fix this is with some EQ work.
Thanks for the input man. However, this soundfont is meant to be like Setzer's SPC Soundfont or The Ultimate Megadrive soundfont. But I do plan on making soundfonts for specific CPS2 games. For instance, I'm currently working on a soundfont for Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.

But yes; thanks for reporting those errors. A new version of CPS2SF with most of those things fixed; will be coming out soon.
#11  November 23, 2014, 11:31:51 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
cps3 soundfonts?
#12  December 13, 2018, 11:48:46 pm
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman

And what you would think If I told you that every cps2 soundfont of every cps2 game is ripped, yeah I have ripped it with vgm trans, but there is no General Midi preset order, because is directly extracted the soundfont of every game, I have .dls and .sf2 but is a mess but I Will leave it to download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/tjudihjuzq9k26a/Capcom_arcade_soundfonts.rar/file

Pd. I am Mike77154, the Wizzywhipitwonderful's sidekick

Pd2 I need help for making everykit a General Midi version