YesNoOk

100% Evidence, Poison is a TRAP!! (Read 31565 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, February 28, 2012, 10:28:02 am
Share this topic:
100% Evidence, Poison is a TRAP!!
#1  February 28, 2012, 10:28:02 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Re: 100% Evidence, Poison is a TRAP!!
#2  February 28, 2012, 10:32:47 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Did this really need its own thread? :S

Btw, I know it's off-topic, but GBK, check the Off-topic section, the first thread about Raging Demon.
#3  February 28, 2012, 10:42:42 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yarr done, if anyone else ever needs a engrish to germanic translation, here i am. I am the best poster and also the best translator in the world

thought first bout adding it to the sfxt thread but i wasnt sure cos poison kiss fits also to the sf3 online thread and this is more about her long history instead of her game appereances in sfxt or sf3
#4  February 28, 2012, 10:52:26 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Why is this still being discussed?
I mean Capcom Japan has already made an official statement regarding Poison, I think it was something like "In America Poison is a post-op tranny, and in Japan Poison just tucks her business away"
I'm paraphrasing here ofcourse
#5  February 28, 2012, 10:56:33 am
  • Unmatched beauty
    • Poland
    • www.youtube.com/user/Shunt666
#6  February 28, 2012, 11:21:30 am
I mean Capcom Japan has already made an official statement regarding Poison, I think it was something like "In America Poison is a post-op tranny, and in Japan Poison just tucks her business away"
Do watch the video.
And it's still being discussed because... People love to talk about dicks and tits (bonus points if you can call people insecure). It's not like there actually has been anyone denying it or even talking about it lately around here.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:26:52 am by Byakko
#7  February 28, 2012, 03:19:17 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Minor point: there were mentions in this thread of "Poison Kiss", but in the SVC CFC DS card description for Poison, there's a mention of a separate character under that name, as a possible sister to the character. Not something directly from Capcom, but I wonder where the name came from - poking around, I think I saw some mention of that coming up in Mighty Final Fight (the SD NES bersion).
Anyone know more about that?

Also, poor Roxy - she shows up 1st in FF (1st level, I think), while Poison is actually her palette swap, not the other way around, only appearing later in the subway stage, yet history turned out this way, isn't it sad?  :'(
#8  February 28, 2012, 03:52:57 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Poison Kiss is just the full name of her in japan
#9  February 28, 2012, 03:58:52 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona

Maybe, but then why would that card bother to mention her as a separate character?...

(maybe to make the SD Final Fight a wee bit less controversial in overall tone?)
#10  February 28, 2012, 04:01:48 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
posion kiss is the name of the character in mighty final fight for the nes, While I ahve read a lot of sources saying that that one is his sister I don't remember that form an official source.

Minor point: there were mentions in this thread of "Poison Kiss", but in the SVC CFC DS card description for Poison, there's a mention of a separate character under that name, as a possible sister to the character. Not something directly from Capcom, but I wonder where the name came from - poking around, I think I saw some mention of that coming up in Mighty Final Fight (the SD NES bersion).
Anyone know more about that?

Also, poor Roxy - she shows up 1st in FF (1st level, I think), while Poison is actually her palette swap, not the other way around, only appearing later in the subway stage, yet history turned out this way, isn't it sad?  :'(

that's the difference between being a generic whore and being a travestite, kind of like sf3 makoto.
#11  February 28, 2012, 04:17:06 pm
I've never seen her being called that, not even in the video that shows pictures of the original manuals and concept arts. Where did you see her with that name ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#12  February 28, 2012, 05:18:39 pm
    • maximoff.alreadyread.net
I think people need to take notice of the reaction of the Daniel Bryan avatar to the news in the first post.
#13  February 28, 2012, 07:56:56 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I've never seen her being called that, not even in the video that shows pictures of the original manuals and concept arts. Where did you see her with that name ?

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/poison.html
http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Poison

Poison (Poison Kiss in Japan) is a character first introduced in the Final Fight series, who then appeared in Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike and other Capcom works. She also featured prominently in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos.

source http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Poison
#14  February 28, 2012, 07:57:59 pm
  • SNK is life
Fighters Generation = Some dude like you and me. Not reliable
#15  February 28, 2012, 08:02:25 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
thats why i added the capcom wikia too, whoever wants to learn more about the name or not, research.. i do not care myself enough for the name
#16  February 28, 2012, 08:09:24 pm
#17  February 28, 2012, 08:10:13 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#18  February 28, 2012, 08:18:08 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
so what? No one cares!! It's still one of my favorite fap materials!!!
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#19  February 28, 2012, 08:28:05 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Poison was one of the very very very very very few ideas Capcom Japan liked from Capcom USA and adapted as canon for the character

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#20  February 28, 2012, 08:30:34 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
-_-

nice job watching that video