YesNoOk

The Niitris 3D project. (Read 8031 times)

Started by Niitris, September 20, 2013, 08:20:06 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

What kind of characters should I start with? (Choose from two)

The usual Capcom/SNK/Marvel stuff
12 (18.2%)
Underrepresented figthers
19 (28.8%)
Video game characters not from fighting games
15 (22.7%)
Anime
10 (15.2%)
Other
5 (7.6%)
Doesn't matter
5 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: October 07, 2013, 04:51:57 pm

Re: The Niitris 3D project.
#21  October 01, 2013, 05:56:24 pm
I never extruded the chest outwards the way it should be... since it was a test model I didn't pay it too much mind.

Since the light source location is based off CvS, yeah it looks off.
#22  October 02, 2013, 02:31:26 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
OK, the next step of animation.... cut the body into three sections: Chest, waist and hips. When you animate these, consider the bending of the spine. You could also cut the top of the chest for the collar bones which you would split into right and left collar bones so the shoulders move like I mentioned before. Don't forget that there is a neck, too, as well as a head. The body can be very flexible so don't forget that.

In regards to shading, you won't get the best cel shading in 3d because the shading is based on physical 3d form and that doesn't always fit with what we view as correct shading. Just be aware of that.

Cheers,
Revanto  ;P
3d rocks!
#23  November 21, 2013, 07:37:19 pm
Just a little update (not my model, this is the Heart Aino demonstration model).

I haven't posted here since the reveal of that "3D Mugen" thing. I'm not sure if I'm using the models for both that and Mugen (in-game models can be used in the EF-12 engine).

The laptop I have now is stopping me from rendering in a timely manner. I'm getting a new PC in a few weeks with a 1080p monitor so I can finally work quicker and better. I'm now using 3DS Max (which I seem to like better) instead of Blender, so it's taking me a little while to get used to the interface.

Finally, since I'm doing other Mugen work (and since real life doesn't help any), the little time I've had for working on this has been restricted. Hopefully I show some real progress soon.
#24  January 08, 2014, 04:03:22 pm
Another useless update.

I'm back to using Blender since the 3DS Max trial ended and I can't afford it (and getting it the other way is too much work). I finally got cloth physics to look right and stuff... that was getting on my nerves. Also, I've found ways to get even better quality renders than before. Only issue I'm having is applying textures but I have all day to learn that and that's not too vital at this current point anyway.

Also, I'm re-evaluating all of my WIPs since I found myself in a clusterfuck again. But my priority at this point is having something ready to display for this project (and by proxy, EF-12 and possibly UFE). I'm ever so much closer to finally revealing something.
#25  March 15, 2014, 06:43:44 am
I'm officially restarting this project (as well as my other Mugen WIPs).

I've successfully upgraded my PC, so I can do things in decent speed now. Now I have to get some materials back together again.

This is just a dummie model to display animations (although I'll probably turn it into a dummie character of sorts). I've already rigged the model, so now it's a matter of making animations. More details soon.
Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:48:08 am by Niitris
New #26  April 09, 2014, 12:51:26 am
I finally has some real progress to show.

My PC can finally render these models at a decent time window. Made a new dummie model with the rigging and stuff done. Will post attack animations and other things soon. Sprites are scaled down to 22.222 to fit the proportions of standard resolution sprites.

Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:01:50 am by Niitris