YesNoOk

Hioh Kaede (Vanguard Princess) Release 1.0 (Strikers Included) (Read 45915 times)

Started by Veolf, March 06, 2012, 10:52:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hioh Kaede (Vanguard Princess) Release 1.0 (Strikers Included)
#81  March 15, 2012, 03:13:01 am
speedy although not source accurate I have supported you as a creator, and as such you do see that you pretty much get into these fights on anything you comment on right???  I'm not saying you're wrong but you need to start rethinking how you post, and you  don't need to  defend your work on every thread.   when you're write a reply read it a few times and edit out anything that will start a fight, that way you avoid these little misunderstandings :sugoi:
#82  March 15, 2012, 03:37:53 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
tell us straight speedy are jelly of SXvector?

nobody's  perfect of making a character with a perpect coding/accuracy you know

some of your post is a little bit harsh on him

#83  March 15, 2012, 03:47:45 am
  • Define freedom.
    • mugencoder.com/author.php?id=10
"Why does the character move at 10 velocity when they should be moving at 11 velocity instead!"
topped with the way you're trying to give him lessons and act almighty.

I get comments in my release threads on this site from people that "give lessons and act almighty" ALL-THE-DAMN-TIME. This is nothing "new" on this forum and just because I seem to act this way doesn't mean other people don't OR have done the same to me.
he seriously worked to hard on this character to put up with that crap.

Hopefully one last post of mine because it seems that the problems has been resolved with ZSM and SXVector.

Anyway about the quote NO your "hard work" excuse is NOT valid. People do NOT care how long it takes or how hard to make something to respect you more. If people here did, I have been making stuff for more than two years and each thing I make for quite a long time and by now people would have promoted me to contributor status. They don't do this because in their "eyes" they see my work as "bad." Hell they sometimes even try to find ways to make it look like I hardly did any work and when I actually did try my best and still get that crap. The final outcome IS the most important thing to most people and people will ONLY think of all your hard work if they like what you made.

Also think of it like this, you buy a video game and play it. They game ends up being the worst game you played and you label it as "shit." You don't even once THINK or crosses your mind what the game developers went through and their hard work to make it even if it ends up being something you don't like and you don't even credit them for that.

This seems to be natural human logic sadly. :(

True, your logic on buying a game does make sense, but in this case, no one is getting paid so that changes everything. Also, it sounds kind  your angry your not contributor status, but who cares what your "status" is, as long as your making characters that people enjoy and people are still downloading, whats the big deal? Just because your not contributor, doesnt mean you should bug vic with all these little comments on everything he posts, just because guild doesnt want to give you that status. I dont know if you really are pissed about that, but it sure seems like your coming off that way. However your also correct with saying how time you put in doesn't = how good your characters are, and no one cares about the time. But in this case, im sure there is no debate on if this character is good or bad, this character is of higher quality and thats not really up for debate by anyone who plays mugen, its source accurate which earns it a big trophy among the other things it has going for it.

Warhammer 40k : Space Marines
------------------------------------------------------------
Get it done
#84  March 15, 2012, 04:52:19 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Speedy, the reason we see your stuff as bad for so long is because you kept doing mistakes like this for a really long time and kept making other characters instead of fixing your current ones with the very same mistakes. You were showing you didn't learn at all.

Besides, Contributor status isn't that big of a deal. Just make yourself look like you know what you're talking about and you'll get it. That's how I got mine....I think.

True, your logic on buying a game does make sense, but in this case, no one is getting paid so that changes everything.
No, it doesn't.
However your also correct with saying how time you put in doesn't = how good your characters are, and no one cares about the time. But in this case, im sure there is no debate on if this character is good or bad, this character is of higher quality and thats not really up for debate by anyone who plays mugen, its source accurate which earns it a big trophy among the other things it has going for it.

For the record, Source accuracy isn't always the best thing to have.
#85  March 15, 2012, 05:18:01 am
  • Define freedom.
    • mugencoder.com/author.php?id=10
well, when your goal is to go source accurate, and you achieve it of corse its better. Thats the example we have here. And with the whole, it doesnt matter how long someone works on a char if it ends up bad statement is true, but take a game like skyrim for example, took a while to create, but people accept that and are happy to give the game studio a whole bunch of time to make it because they know its going to be well, epic. Now im not comparing Hioh to Skyrim (lol) but the logic is the same. And as for getting paid, yeah i guess your right when i really ponder it, it doesn't change much. But when it is free, AND awesome, i mean comon how cool is that, when do you get free stuff in life that doesn't well, suck or is cheaply done. Exact opposite here.

Warhammer 40k : Space Marines
------------------------------------------------------------
Get it done
#86  March 15, 2012, 07:31:29 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
No, source accurate isn't always good. Take Mass' Dragon Master characters. Ok, so there's a few custom things in them, but for the most part they're accurate to source.

However, Dragon Master was a godawful game with ridiculously stupid damage values, priorities and crap like that. If they're accurate to that, then the character will also have ridiculously stupid damage values, priorities and crap like that.

Then we have certain fighting systems that should probably be avoided(ex. Arcana Heart's Homing system)

I don't really know where you're going with Skyrim, but then again Bethesda games confuse me.
#87  March 15, 2012, 11:33:27 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
Darkflares about my mistakes, I do listen to feedback and try to fix them. My release of Noel and my updates fixed a lot of things, pretty much all of them actually. It just takes updates.

Reguarding accuracy, NO a character that has accurate gameplay does NOT make it better by default. It may seem like this even if it's a character from a pretty good source game. Including what everything Darkflares said, making an accurate character doesn't magicaly avoid glitch problems or other game breaking things. For example, there is a character, Potemkin-Ogre by Tokage. It's a guilty Gear character that has Iron Tagers attacks, almost accurate. What could be bad about it? If you dive deeper into it its terrible and needs a lot of fixing. It has debug floods in EVERY tick, things that makes even the OPPONENT glitch(and for something like that to happen there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with it), missing required sprites, and sometimes makes a death glitch and won't die and many other problems. I made a Tager but not accurate so would you rather have an accurate-like "Tager" loaded with glitches making it almost unplayable or one without glitches but not accurate which works fine?

This is also the case with DevilPP's Hazama, sure the author tried to make it as accurate as possible BUT the character can glitch the opponent at times during certain attacks and when this happens the match can no longer continue. So when using that Hazama you better hope he doesn't use that attack and glitch you...

I'm not trying to "bash" those creators but those creations do need updates.

I don't see why people become so blind when it comes to this about accurate characters.

Also what I said applies to SXVector's character too, well, at least in the past.

Also SXVector I DO like your character. If I didn't like it at all I wouldn't have even posted here. It's just when I read what ZSM said it made me have a sad face  :(. but since everything is cleared up everything is good now.
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!