YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 621404 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Back to the Crazy Guy!
#661  June 26, 2019, 10:25:28 am
  • Was it something I said?
Hey all.

I got Attack 1 for Yamazaki's Drill done, but... I'm not satisfied with it. I wanted to make it like the one in this video to start.

But, I'm not sure if I should try a different attack, or what exactly.

So, here's another beta, so you guys can try it out, and tell me what you think.

Note:
No EX Sand Spray yet (STILL haven't figured out a good idea for it yet)
Still has Benimaru's Lvl. 3 port (Got lazy, will be updated.)
Before the final part of the Drill will most likely kill (will update, but I wanted to make sure it was all right.)

I'm positive the other ones will be easier, so no worries on those ones.
#662  June 26, 2019, 01:44:20 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
It does seem to lack some impact and weight to it, but I'm not sure what to do about that either. The build-up time for Drill before he starts is too long, and the kick and Drill itself don't have envshake, but I'm sure you're working on that.

I also do feel like EX Fight of Tempering should OTG, but that might make it too strong. Also, not sure if this was by design, but if the initial hit of EX FoT misses, the first stomp will still trigger, but nothing else will happen if that connects.
#663  June 26, 2019, 04:59:17 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Hmmm so Yamazaki does have a projectile huh? It comes in with a level 4 Drill tho. Warusaki had a good reference on how the Drill move was originally
#664  June 26, 2019, 10:09:31 pm
Gonna test the beta right now, thanks !
#665  June 27, 2019, 06:12:40 am
It does seem to lack some impact and weight to it, but I'm not sure what to do about that either. The build-up time for Drill before he starts is too long, and the kick and Drill itself don't have envshake, but I'm sure you're working on that.

I also do feel like EX Fight of Tempering should OTG, but that might make it too strong. Also, not sure if this was by design, but if the initial hit of EX FoT misses, the first stomp will still trigger, but nothing else will happen if that connects.
I'll fix the time for Drill to come out. And yes, I'm working on it. I just wanted feedback for the combo from the Level 1 part of it. Like, is it good besides the envshake issue?

I was debating on it being Fight of Tempering should be OTG in general, but it does make it strong. And yes, it is intentional, like in KoF XIV. If the first hit of it is blocked or missed, then he'll still stomp on his opponent's foot. I think it fits because he's sort of a cheap bastard that way.

Hmmm so Yamazaki does have a projectile huh? It comes in with a level 4 Drill tho. Warusaki had a good reference on how the Drill move was originally

He has one, but he needs to reflect another projectile with Double Return.
#666  July 04, 2019, 09:57:14 am
Sorry for double-post, but Yamazaki's Drill 1 has been updated. I'm feeling better with it now, but I also have to take account with certain character's weight (EX, KFM is a bit lighter, and apparently Akuma by DeathScythe is a bit heavier for some reason).  Should I keep experimenting with the height of the last kick before the Drill Finale, or should I make it so Drill hits no matter what (ala Yamazaki by Soy Sauce, buuut I kind of feel that's a bit of a cheap move to do)?

Note: I forgot the change the time it takes to activate Drill as mentioned by Project.13, and others mentioned by me before, but don't worry, I'll fix it when the time comes. It's just for Drill Level 1 for now.
#667  July 04, 2019, 11:24:38 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
You're talking about later hits of an already connected move, Knux. Of course, you've got make it hit no matter what.
#668  July 04, 2019, 04:15:28 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, there's no reason the Drill shouldn't connect if the rest of the move has as well. It should hit no matter what.

There's also nothing I've been able to think up for an EX Spray Sand idea that doesn't feel lame, only thing I've really got is that he could move forward while doing it.
#669  July 07, 2019, 12:22:43 pm
Alllllriiightt, after testing Yamazaki, he's fucking great. Good job.

I do have some feedback though.

Sometimes his crouching LK does not come out in the  when you try to do a basic combo.  Jumping HK clp clk to the snake hands. I have a sneaking suspicion that this may be caused by my old keyboard however.

A suggestions for the Level two stab hyper.  I would add 3 head smashes and add some ENV shake for some oomph on it, but delay the last one just a tad bit, just slow the animation down and then WHAAM and maybe sneak a little laugh sound byte right when he's about to hit the OP.

I don't know if this like in source, however I think its worth mentioning.

The sand kick (DB any kick) only the low version of it can be chained into a combo.

If I remember correctly he could also chain into his stomps in kof 2002 um, dunno if its me but I cant do that.

Other than that. Awesome, looking forward to the release.

I know the damage has not yen been addressed, however its a bit high.

CS also looks great that Dio pal is mental.

Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 12:44:46 pm by PeXXeR
#670  July 07, 2019, 12:51:59 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Here's some feed-badda-Bing:
- EX Serpent Slash's second slash using the grab sound is kinda weird.
- EX Fight of Tempering doesn't have a Land Sound or FX at the end for P2.
- For the MAX Guillotine, you could mix the Ground Slams and the stomps, having 2 Slams then 2 Stomps maybe.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#671  July 09, 2019, 11:43:03 am
Finally got the Drill to work properly, so Level 1 for it is done. As for the must hit no matter what, I've added that to him.

Alllllriiightt, after testing Yamazaki, he's fucking great. Good job.

I do have some feedback though.

Sometimes his crouching LK does not come out in the  when you try to do a basic combo.  Jumping HK clp clk to the snake hands. I have a sneaking suspicion that this may be caused by my old keyboard however.

A suggestions for the Level two stab hyper.  I would add 3 head smashes and add some ENV shake for some oomph on it, but delay the last one just a tad bit, just slow the animation down and then WHAAM and maybe sneak a little laugh sound byte right when he's about to hit the OP.

I don't know if this like in source, however I think its worth mentioning.

The sand kick (DB any kick) only the low version of it can be chained into a combo.

If I remember correctly he could also chain into his stomps in kof 2002 um, dunno if its me but I cant do that.

Other than that. Awesome, looking forward to the release.

I know the damage has not yen been addressed, however its a bit high.

CS also looks great that Dio pal is mental.

-I've tested it, and it works fine on my end.
-Not the source, but I'll take your advice, as it could look better. I'll also make a slight adjustment so it'll look like he'll stab through the chest (as best as I can, of course.)
-Sand Spray should have enough distance for all of it to connect. Kind of strange. Who are you fighting to make it not work, if I may ask?
-I didn't code the stomp from KoF 2002 um. It might be a good suggestion though. I'll think about it.
-I'm not sure if you mean mine or NDSilva's palette (probably his), but it is pretty dope. It's hard to come up with a good palette scheme since there's so many good ones here. Any other favorites from you guys?
-Also, thank you for your kind words.

Here's some feed-badda-Bing:
- EX Serpent Slash's second slash using the grab sound is kinda weird.
- EX Fight of Tempering doesn't have a Land Sound or FX at the end for P2.
- For the MAX Guillotine, you could mix the Ground Slams and the stomps, having 2 Slams then 2 Stomps maybe.

-Funny you mention that. It's actually not the hit itself, it's when the opponent is hit by the second hit from EX Serpent Slash, I put it so the sound will come out as that animation comes in. But I did fix a minor bug from it.
-It's kind of tricky, but I think that's from MUGEN's end, as the opponent technically got down from the first hit of EX Fight of Tempering, and the other two as well. Unless there's something from it I'm missing, like a state for the opponent or something from the last hit?
-I was thinking about it, but Level 2's Drill will have many stomps from it, and MAX Guillotine is supposed to be from KoF XIV, I was kind of in and out of it. There are some sprites from 2Dee4Ever that I got from that post a couple of pages back, and I could edit them a bit more so they'll fit right it if you'd like (or if it's okay with him, I'm not sure whom to ask, because I wish to be respectful to the creators of those sprites, you know).

Anyway, Level 2's Drill is practically done as I type this. I'm going to take Jmorphman's advice, and make the headbutt the Level 3, and then it'll be the Serpent Slashes, and he'll be just about done.
#672  July 10, 2019, 12:14:47 am
I posted the video in the video section with me mucking about with him.
Granted the sand spray may be my sloppy execution.
I did not post it here cause I hate it when people spam both the threads and the video thread with the same video.
I was testing it vs Training and Chun-li by the Jmorpher.

As for the sprites, from what I understood they were cs'ed and edited by Nuroravage.
Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:31:17 am by PeXXeR
#673  July 10, 2019, 12:26:02 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Nuroravage is Razorback from discord,I think he is probably also in guild discord
#674  July 10, 2019, 01:39:58 am
    • USA
mete112 dumped most of our project files online and continues to do so, might as well use it. I don't think he'd have a problem with you using it now, same guy who posted in your topic before. You already know what I'm trying to do, you have no obligation to respect that. Sure you'll put it to better use.
#675  July 11, 2019, 04:05:42 pm
Cool beans.

Does this look okay?
#676  July 12, 2019, 12:15:03 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
That looks pretty original, and good too. :2thumbsup:
#677  July 12, 2019, 12:32:04 pm
    • Morocco
Pretty good Knuckles,though the right arm looks misaligned
#678  July 13, 2019, 07:51:42 am
Yeah, that was from the sprites that were leaked by mete112. Upon closer look, yeah, the arm in the first frame does look awkward. And the sprites are there for Freak-Out Fist, if I really wanted to do it, but I won't for now, main reason because it clashes badly with the CvS sprites. Here's the first part of it.

Second part of it, I'll do a few palette edits for it, and show you what I mean by it clashing as well.
#679  July 13, 2019, 02:19:06 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
It's the head isn't it?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#680  July 13, 2019, 02:55:25 pm
Quite a bit, actually. The shoes at the beginning, and then the head down to his belt (pretty much from KoF 2002 sprites, actually.) Now, I'm not trying to be mean, they are quite well done, and some of those do fit well with the CvS sprites, but again, others clash (The end of Freak-Out Fist has this problem too, for example).