YesNoOk

Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Current project: BROLY! & Chi-Chi?!) (Read 148924 times)

Started by Mr. Ansatsuken, February 08, 2019, 05:30:28 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Out of these characters, what Dragon Ball character should I make next?

Beerus
Raditz
Android 18
Re: Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Submit your PALETTES for BROLY/Dan/Dudley here!)
#41  February 15, 2019, 05:08:17 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
oh my! my boy broly pots style! man i cant wait!
Haha, thank you a lot, man.

I've done a few palettes before but I've never tried the template stuff.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! xD

OK guys, I think it's a good idea to tell you about the other big projects that I have...

I'm thinking about making some joke characters too. In MODERN POTS (or "CVS3") style, that is!

The characters that I have in mind are...

-Rare Dan
Yes, about as batshit crazy as PotS' Rare Akuma, just for the sake of fun, lmao.
While also keeping him slightly balanced.
It would be filled with dank memes in most of his moves, heh.

-Shaggy
Why? ALSO for the sake of memes.
Adding his Ultra Instinct mode as core for his gameplay, haha.
BUT I might just add him to some of Rare Dan's moves. It depends on how many sprites are avaliable, etc.
I don't have any "Shaggy" Mugen char to get the sprites from (and I don't currently have time to look for it right now),
so if you have (or find) any decent sprite-set for this, please send me the download link through PM or something like that, haha.

-R I C A R D O

Ricardo Milos, just for fun.
I'd laugh my ass off playin' with some friends as Ricardo himself, which would be priceless to me.
HOWEVER I might just add Ricardo to many of Rare Dan's moves. It's a big possibility, lmao.
(By the way, I was about to make a Shia Labeouf char in 2016, for similar reasons. The green screen makes the sprite-ing easy as hell).

-CvS3 Rare Akuma
Because why not? Haha.
Converting PotS' Rare Akuma into the modern style, just for the sake of fun as well, lmao.
Maybe adding an optional non-unkillable version of him too.

Aside from the joke chars, the only "serious" projects that I have are:

-Broly
-Ken
-Maximilian Dood
-Jinpachi Mishima
-(Can't remember any other one right now)

The other projects that I had were... making interactive bonus stages from some SNES games, like the Super Mario Bros. world 1-1, or the Contra stage some guy made....
I had in mind making stages from Super Mario World, Kirby Super Star, and so on...

And out of everything that I've mentioned, the only characters that have a chance of being released are:

-Broly (about ~90% chances I'll finish it)
-Ken (about ~60% chances I'll even begin making it)
-Rare Dan (about ~50% chances, since I already have my Dan to edit this one from, it wouldn't take me much time to make, and ONLY IF I have enough time I'd get to work on it).
-Maximilian Dood (Depends on whether Chuchoryu or anyone else have made the sprites already. I actually talked with Max some years ago, about adding him to Mugen and he absolutely loved the idea after seeing some gameplay of Capcom vs SNK Evolution. Chuchoryu told me he'd make the sprites but eh, my PC died and my Facebook account got deleted, so I lost contact with him for a long time... IF the sprites are avaliable, there's about ~70% chances I'd make the char. Again, it depends on whether the sprites currently exist or not).
-Jinpachi (barely ~10% chances I'll make him. And it also depends on whether the sprites currently exist, like Max. Other than that there's also the fact that he's quite a complicated character to properly adapt into Mugen, therefore it would naturally take me a ton of time to make. It's a shame, since I really love the character... and I would PAY to see him in Mugen, haha).
-Ricardo / Shaggy (it kind of depends on my mood, lmao. I wouldn't even mind wasting several hours of my time just to make it happen IF I'm having enough fun while doing so, I'd say they've got some ~30% chances).
-Rare Akuma (pretty low chances tbh. About ~15% or so).
-Bonus SNES-Game stages (Uh, I'd say... 0%. Or 1%, lmao. I mean I'd totally LOVE to make these... but time, time, time...
I'm sure they'd take more time than anything I've done before...)

If I didn't include a certain character here, chances are, I'll never make it.
This is all you can expect from me now, lmao.

I know some of these are extremely dumb, but keep in mind those are JOKE characters!
Let me know what you think of it :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:14:26 am by Mr. Ansatsuken
Re: Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Submit your PALETTES for BROLY/Dan/Dudley here!)
#42  February 15, 2019, 05:53:19 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
It's better you mantain focus in one "serious" char and one joke char, just for fun in your free time. Later, you can have other chars plans.

Remember: you don't have much time, don't you? It's better you make only you can finish.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
#43  February 15, 2019, 09:21:45 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
A couple more pals for Broly:

#44  February 16, 2019, 01:30:34 am
  • I'm a llama!
You're bringing me back to the mugen scene with evil Dan with omega moves...thx so much when can we get a release good sir
Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 01:37:42 am by AiRiC
#45  February 16, 2019, 06:39:48 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#46  February 17, 2019, 06:04:05 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
#47  February 19, 2019, 02:36:36 am
  • I'm a llama!
Thank you :) ill test them on wed
#48  February 19, 2019, 07:46:19 am
  • Not a good spriter.
    • USA
Didn't you say at one point you were gonna work on Dr. Fate? Just curious lol.

Love your work btw.
#49  March 01, 2019, 01:45:40 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
Made another Pal for Broly.
#50  March 02, 2019, 01:49:53 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Didn't you say at one point you were gonna work on Dr. Fate? Just curious lol.

Love your work btw.
Yes, I'm pretty sure I said that, haha!
Probably 'cause he's my main in Injustice 2...
Now, I'm not sure if a Dr. Fate char already exist, and if it does exist, I don't know if it's got the sprites for his Injustice 2 moveset, haha.
(Then again, even if those sprites are there, I doubt I'll make the character. In fact, I'm not even sure if I'll get to Finish Broly)...

A couple more pals for Broly:

Made another Pal for Broly.

Looking GOOD! xD
Thank you a lot dude, haha!

You're bringing me back to the mugen scene with evil Dan with omega moves...thx so much when can we get a release good sir
Haha, oh, did you try Evil Dan's newest version? He's got 3 new Supers now! Haha.

It's better you mantain focus in one "serious" char and one joke char, just for fun in your free time. Later, you can have other chars plans.

Remember: you don't have much time, don't you? It's better you make only you can finish.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
Your English is fine, my dude. And I think you're right.
That is EXACTLY what I'm going to do.
Although I'm not 100% sure if Broly, Rare Dan, or any other project will get to see the light.
UPDATE ON BROLY!
#51  March 15, 2019, 04:16:30 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
ALRIGHT GUYS, BROLY IS LOOKING REAAAAAAAALLY GOOD, in fact, I'm extremely excited to release it once it's done! Haha!

He will have 10 Specials (+10 EX Specials), 7 Lv1 Supers, 7 Lv2 Supers, and 6 Lv3 Supers!
So that's 40 moves right there! Haha.

As of right now, the Nornals and most of the basic stuff is done.
He still needs the Zero Counter, some intros, and some win poses (but I can do those tomorrow)
I've also finished 1 Special, 1 EX and 1 Lv1 Super!

Honestly, the only legit PAINFUL part of this has been creating the HD visual effects, I spent like, over 10 hours making the bloody special effects two days ago, 'cause it's visuals need to be as stunning as the Legendary Super Saiyan Himself! lmao.

BUT if anyone is interested in recording some gameplay of the (private) beta version, that'd be awesome!

If you're wondering, he'll be heavily inspired in his Dragon Ball Fighterz self, but with the good ol' CvS3 gameplay, lmao.
(Plus a ton of new moves of course).

I hope he'll be finished by the end of this month, but you never know...

I'll contact DJMouF to give Broly some special interactions with his Goku/Bardock, so they can have DRAMATIC FINISHES Dragon Ball Fighterz style! :mlol: :mlol: :mlol:
#52  March 15, 2019, 05:24:59 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
I'm invested in your Broly, so I'd like to make a video.
CvS3 BROLY GAMEPLAY VIDEO! Haha
#53  March 21, 2019, 11:39:05 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
ALRIGHT GUYS, IT'S TIME! HERE'S A LITTLE VIDEO OF BROLY'S CURRENT MOVESET!

I'd say that as of right now, he's about 22% done.
I'll try to make at least 1 new Special and 1 new Super today. Hopefully he'll be finished in less than a month! Haha!

ALSO! I have updated Broly's Palette Template, since he will also have an intro with his Dragon Ball Super armor!

Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:33:38 am by Mr. Ansatsuken
#54  March 22, 2019, 08:23:19 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
@Mr. Ansatsuken: Are the effects final or place holders? They look filtered and lack the crispness of hi-res effects ehi H I'm guessing would be improved with time.
#55  March 22, 2019, 03:30:02 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
It's nice to see my CS being used again.
Although the glowing hair is something cool, will there be an option to disable it?
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#56  March 22, 2019, 03:43:50 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
@Mr. Ansatsuken: Are the effects final or place holders? They look filtered and lack the crispness of hi-res effects ehi H I'm guessing would be improved with time.

Actually, the video quality is just really low.
The effects look about as good as my Akuma's, and that's 'nuff said, lol
But I might modify SOME of them, though.
I spent well over 10 hours making sure the effects look as smooth as humanly possible, so it's a shame the video didn't capture that, haha.
(I used the Windows 10 built-in screen recorder btw).

It's nice to see my CS being used again.
Although the glowing hair is something cool, will there be an option to disable it?
Oh right! You made the color-separation, didn't you? That's AWESOME! Thank you so much dude, haha
He's got a palette selector with wayy over 113 palettes at the momment.
Only 2 of which have glowing hair lol.
So you've got at least 111 palettes without the effect, 'cause making that effect is very time consuming.
#57  March 22, 2019, 04:48:43 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
No problem. Oh, 2 just of them, I undestand. Btw, nice touch with the intro using his new design.
It's a shame that the game was released before the movie, it would be great to see a Broly with the new design using this gameplay. :')
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#58  March 22, 2019, 10:10:05 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Have you considered adding a Kage mode to your Ryu?

#59  March 23, 2019, 12:03:45 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Have you considered adding a Kage mode to your Ryu?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dhX8H9p6Hc[/youtube]
Oh, yeah, I have! But I don't think I'm adding it any time soon lol.
If I gave him a Kage mode, though, it would play a lot like my Akuma. With flaming Shoryuukens, lightning Tatsumakis an' stuff.
#60  March 23, 2019, 12:32:56 am
Kage mode to your Ryu is gonna be hot ;D I can't wait for your Ken too especially Evil Ken Mode :beamgoi: I can imagine how his Master Mode will end up, Normal + Violent + Evil =  :mrox:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!