YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1572822 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#681  January 20, 2014, 06:28:44 am
What if SEGA bought Nintendo? :shocked3:

Oh, the irony.
#682  January 20, 2014, 07:49:56 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#683  January 20, 2014, 07:59:03 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
That poll is actually one of the worse I've seen out of there in a while
#684  January 20, 2014, 08:32:27 am
  • For honor!
I voted google so the google glass can have a virtual boy mode.
Iroha stripped for me
#685  January 20, 2014, 10:38:08 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Ratings of the British Official Nintendo Magazine. They had a lot awesome new games to review

Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS, Nintendo): 60 %
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U, WarneR): 69 %
RUSH (Wii U eShop, Two Tribes): 68 %
One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS, Namco Bandai): 35 %
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don’t Know! (Wii U, D3): 40 %
3D Super Hang-On (3DS eShop, Sega): 80 %
3D Sonic the Hedgehog (3DS eShop, Sega): 83 %
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii U Virtual Console, Nintendo): 94 %
3D Space Harrier (3DS eShop, Sega): 69 %
3D Ecco the Dolphin (3DS eShop, Sega): 54 %
3D Galaxy Force II (3DS eShop, Sega): 61 %
3D Altered Beast (3DS eShop, Sega): 23 %
Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land (3DS, D3): 39 %
#686  January 20, 2014, 04:29:04 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#687  January 20, 2014, 04:59:36 pm
It's like Nintendo follows Capcom with getting bad at games. Also Sega already lost it's rivalery when Nintendo licensed Sonic several times for it's games there.
#688  January 20, 2014, 05:29:48 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's like Nintendo follows Capcom with getting bad at games. Also Sega already lost it's rivalery when Nintendo licensed Sonic several times for it's games there.

lol no
#689  January 20, 2014, 06:17:03 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#690  January 20, 2014, 06:29:06 pm
none of what you post makes any fucking sense. stop

They had a lot awesome new games to review
january is usually a dead month across all systems. developers focus releases on november/december for the holidays. you should know this by now.

Um, rereleasing older titles is 'exploiting' now?
yes, that's exploiting (make full use of and derive benefit from). it's not necessarily a bad thing, especially if the games are good, but implying that nintendo exploit their franchises too much while sony doesn't is ridiculous. the only reason sony doesn't exploit anything to the level nintendo exploits mario (aka a shitload of spinoffs) is simply because they don't have a mario. they don't have a franchise at that level. you'd have to be crazy to think that if sony had bigger names like mario and zelda they'd just sit on the franchises and do nothing with them since they're the super kings of creativity and they never release too many of a thing. it's not like they released three installments of the same franchise on the same system. that would be some nintendo shit.

it also explains why they're likelier to try a new ip instead of going back to an established one - they don't really have many established ips. just look at the roster for playstation all stars battle royale. when they manage to score a successful ip, don't pretend they don't milk it. ratchet & clank started in 2002 and already has 11 games. god of war started in 2005 and already has 7 games. 2007's uncharted already has 4 games. gran turismo has 6 games, not counting smaller concept releases. for comparison, mario kart (which started 5 years before gran turismo) has 7 games with the 8th one releasing soon. don't pretend sony are so much better in this aspect

as long as the sequels are good, who gives a shit

(the above was kind of a general post and not directed to snakebyte in particular)
Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:36:56 pm by Titiln
#691  January 20, 2014, 06:40:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ with the new in bold i meant that they had to review the Legend of Zelda ALTTP and the  "3d" versions of sonic, ecco etc. ..aka very old re-released games
#692  January 20, 2014, 06:47:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
then teh word was not new, but recent.
#693  January 20, 2014, 06:59:48 pm
also i want to congratulate nmario for posting about a gamefaqs poll and providing no links or even a description
#694  January 21, 2014, 06:22:57 am
Sony frequently releases three installments of a franchise on the same system.

Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Jak, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank Future (we're at like, 6 now?), Infamous (well, 2.5), Uncharted, Resistance...

God of War is a rarity in its longer-than-usual development cycle, and I have no idea how Killzone works.

Three installments of a franchise on a system is actually pretty typical. It's how Final Fantasy has always worked and they have the most bloated development cycles ever. These days we're more likely to see 2.5, with digital distribution being what it is. I mean, Assassin's Creed's up to 6 now. 3 ain't bad.

But, no, the main reason Sony doesn't function that way is because they don't really have A Studio the way Nintendo does. They're a lot more second-party and about letting other people make exclusive work for their system, then sending them off into the world later on. Most big Sony studios and successes go third-party sooner or later, and Sony's biggest strength is incubating really strong second-party content.

I'm honestly not really sure if I'm arguing with you at this point, I just like the way they handle things most of the time and think it's how everyone else should do it. Insomniac is the only studio I know of that really lost their way under Sony, and that took a while.
#695  January 21, 2014, 04:30:44 pm
I think with Killzone it'll get an installment close to launch then one towards the end of the console life cycle so I don't know if it counts.
#696  January 21, 2014, 04:52:13 pm
i was mostly going against the idea pushed by gbk and others that nintendo abuses their ips too much as if the others didn't. i don't even think too many of a franchise in the same console cycle is a bad thing as long as the games are good.
#697  January 21, 2014, 07:56:51 pm
Yeah good games but, what good games? Same titles with newer stories to keep their characters in the scene. That's what happens all the time there. I also agree with Sony not having it's own studio like Nintendo. They should license more different games that are not just theirs and work more with Sony.
#698  January 21, 2014, 08:15:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
no, they should not. why would you want different companies putting out the same products anyway ?
#699  January 21, 2014, 08:19:01 pm
#700  January 21, 2014, 08:33:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
random picture before the arguments come in circles.