YesNoOk

Recommend me Horror Movies of the last Months / Years (Read 2533 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, November 02, 2011, 04:09:25 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Recommend me Horror Movies of the last Months / Years
#21  November 08, 2011, 03:40:09 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I heard The House of the Devil was really good, but I haven't seen it myself. It's supposed to be like an 80's horror movie.

But actually good.
#22  November 08, 2011, 08:46:48 am
  • appreciate life, i love you - Lil B
    • downloads.khinsider.com/?u=44610
I heard The House of the Devil was really good, but I haven't seen it myself. It's supposed to be like an 80's horror movie.

But actually good.
It's not. I was very disappointed although found myself laughing through most of it.  I did however enjoy the 80's vibe of it.

Ran across this list that helped in remembering the French titles below: http://www.eeriebooks.com/blog/horror-movies/50-must-see-french-horror-movies/
  • Frontier (Frontiers) - Frontiers is a violent tour de force, described as a horrible nightmare by one enthusiastic reviewer. If you like to see blood flowing, Frontiers might be your type of horror movie. *I really enjoyed this....Must see*
  • High Tension (Haute Tension) - Two college women are spending the weekend in the country with family when a man comes in the farm house and murders the family. The two women then must fight for their life. *Another good movie*
  • Martyrs  - From the maker of Saint Ange (Paul Laugier), this movie revolves around women being tortured until they "transcend" pain and become martyrs. The violence in this movie is so graphic that the French Ministry of Culture got involved in the ratings process.*Already suggested...Must see*
  • À l'intérieur (Inside) - A 9-month pregnant widow battles with a strange woman who shows up at her doorstep trying to take her unborn child with her own crude version of a cesarean. This horror movie veers into the extreme gore, so watch out. Also, it looks like the Weinstein Brothers might do an American remake. *Wasn't really scary, but more like shock scary...Worth the watch if you're a horror fan*
While I'm at it:
Most of these can be found on Netflix. Otherwise opt for web downloads.

THANK YOU BASED GOD
Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:07:01 am by KANYE WEST
#23  November 08, 2011, 09:26:07 am
  • all is love in fair and war
i saw the devil
is not a horror movie
it is a movie about revenge
and the young cop is kind of superhuman in his way of incapacitating the middle age maniac over and over again.

a good movie though
#24  November 11, 2011, 08:32:00 pm
  • appreciate life, i love you - Lil B
    • downloads.khinsider.com/?u=44610
i saw the devil
is not a horror movie

I was reminded of the title when coming with the list and thought "screw it, I'll add it anyway"....That's how good the movie was/is to me.  Plus, IMDB has it tagged as crime, drama, and horror

THANK YOU BASED GOD
#25  November 11, 2011, 09:21:59 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
your in luck my GF and I love horror movies lol   :twisted:

Trick R Treat  2007
The Ruins 2008
The Mist 2007
The Descent (2005)
 Attack the Block (2011)
Let the Right One In
The Descent: Part 2 (2009)
The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
The Thing (1982)
The Thing (2011)
The Devil's Rejects (2005)
House of 1000 Corpses (2003)
I Spit on Your Grave (2010)
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)

Do you like 80's horror or 80's campy horror?  We been watching alot of the lately.
#26  November 11, 2011, 11:04:43 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Them.  Saw that shit on SyFy.  That movie was scary shit.  Came complete with a fucked up bad ending too, and the monsters were legitimately scary.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#27  November 12, 2011, 01:29:23 am
  • SNK is life
#28  November 12, 2011, 04:49:39 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I think
Seven Days to Live was a good horror movie
also:

The Eye (original HongKong version) not the hollywood remake

Noroi: The Curse (japanese movie) about a reporter working on a weird case of killed people that led him into a cult and angry goddess, filmed in a reality documentary style

Uzumaki (spiral)2000 based on manga adaptation, particularly effective to a snail hater like me...