YesNoOk

Punisher 0.8 by RAHLONNIR 1/12/16 (Read 13316 times)

Started by RAHLONNIR, January 12, 2016, 02:48:14 pm
Share this topic:
Punisher 0.8 by RAHLONNIR 1/12/16
#1  January 12, 2016, 02:48:14 pm
  • "Brutality is an art"
    • rahlonnir@gmail.com
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:02:45 pm by RAHLONNIR
Re: Punisher 0.8 by RAHLONNIR 1/12/16
#2  January 12, 2016, 04:22:39 pm
  • A rapadura é doce mas não é mole não
    • Israel
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy we needed a better Punisher!
#3  January 12, 2016, 04:28:09 pm
Looks very good man, I cant test him right now but from the video I can tell, why not change his walking sound it doesn't fit him at all. Be careful with those guns, acey's punisher has two infinites. and is a wall of a char with the mines and the weapons.
You just cant get to him.
Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:13:10 pm by PeXXeR
#4  January 12, 2016, 05:15:01 pm
  • ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Well if i use the mine special and do the motorcycle hyper, if the opponent goes in the direction of the mine it will explode and make the shoot miss but it will only do a little more damage.
Also you shoud get better effects for his gun special when they hit walls.
#5  January 12, 2016, 05:24:17 pm
tested him on regular mugen not on my build, his DF HK is spammable, just put a mine infront of you and spam the down foreword gun and you win. you should do something about that.
#6  January 12, 2016, 11:24:18 pm
This is a very good concept on the Punisher

May I suggest on the bike hyper that after p2 is knocked into the air, he moves in slow mo while Punisher goes to his bike and as he's falling down, he gets ran over and the rest of the hyper finishes as is? I think that'd be better than p2 being froze in the air while Pun jumps off screen and rides.... or is that what's suppose to happen when you activate that hyper while p2 is in the air?

I also like the gun moves. I was never a fan of that stance but play wise, this looks way more put together

Great job, can't wait to see what other hypers will be implemented because the bike hyper is creative
#7  January 12, 2016, 11:47:53 pm
  • "Brutality is an art"
    • rahlonnir@gmail.com
PeXXeR - On the mine maybe I should make the explosion smaller so that even if it explodes the enemy can superjump above it
ParanormalParanoia - I'll find better ricochet sparks

dakidbanks - The reason why I made it that way is so that it connects with the specials and hypers instead of falling down
                      I tried to make the whole move slow motion but it takes away from the moment of the shot.
#8  January 13, 2016, 12:22:32 am
The mine is fine, its the gun that's the problem try to spam it against a char and see what I mean.
#9  January 13, 2016, 12:28:10 am
  • ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
From what i'm seeing from Infinite's Deadpool you coud put the sparks backwards like this:

Also if Bereta Rush is used to close it will still connect but the punch and shoots will all miss and there is no sparks on the gun.
Gun attacks still have the blood fx when the opponent blocks.
Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:49:35 am by ParanormalParanoia
#10  January 13, 2016, 09:37:58 pm
Very good start, man. The improved hitsparks alone make a huge difference to the original character. Looking forward to see what you do with the rest of his hypers.
#11  January 15, 2016, 08:01:05 am
  • "Brutality is an art"
    • rahlonnir@gmail.com
The mine is fine, its the gun that's the problem try to spam it against a char and see what I mean.

Are all the guns to cheap or just the FN P90 - D,F HK ?

ParanormalParanoia - I was thinking of adding just dust fx cause it fits with the sfx hit

Snakebyte- Thanks man

#12  January 17, 2016, 02:18:56 am

Are all the guns to cheap or just the FN P90 - D,F HK ?

ParanormalParanoia - I was thinking of adding just dust fx cause it fits with the sfx hit

Snakebyte- Thanks man

The  D,F HK needs some tweaking, I will test the AK tomorrow and will report back.
#13  January 18, 2016, 06:54:58 pm
  • "Brutality is an art"
    • rahlonnir@gmail.com
UPDATED 1/19/16

-Fixed ammo bar position(credits to borewood)
-Added AI
-S.SK now has higher hit y vel
-Fixed spammable FN P90
-Changed walking sound
-Cut long speech intro shorter
-Added new stance thanks to (X & demunlawin)
-Added new portrait thanks to Xedarts
-Added new HYPER M16 CARBINE - DB,x/y/z - 1pwr
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:21:59 am by RAHLONNIR
#14  January 18, 2016, 07:39:31 pm
  • ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So this looks like it happens when an opponent puts Punisher in a state where he stays on the ground longer.

He doesn't get stuck or anything but he stays on the ground like that.
#15  January 18, 2016, 10:42:36 pm
  • A rapadura é doce mas não é mole não
    • Israel
Thanks for tthe excelent job on Punisher!

+ All his grenade switching, weapons changing matches him perfectly
+ Motorcycle hyper is very original
+ He has cooler unique combos and nicer sounds

- His jump + mp is weird... specially on air combo... seems like it affects his gravity
- The intro on with his car really seem it was made on paint brush

But overall, finally we have a descent Punisher, which is an important char.... Good job!
#16  January 19, 2016, 01:45:08 am
New stance is definitely better and adds more differentiation from Cable

Do you already have the remaining hypers planned out? I know it's been done before, but a first person shooter type hyper would be very fitting for the Punisher... or maybe a hyper where a bunch of thugs surround p2 and Punisher just lets loose and shoots everyone in sight.. killing the thugs while p2 gets caught in the madness

I saw some custom palettes available for the old Punisher on MMV before.. maybe you can use those.. if I find them I'll let you know
#17  January 20, 2016, 06:34:11 am
  • i just wanna sleep all day
    • Mexico
    • x3dos.blogspot.mx
i like it, its so great :D
#18  January 20, 2016, 06:40:48 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Here's some feedback I'd like to offer. Keep in mind I did all my testing on Winmugen, not 1.0 like the character has been coded for. This is all just ideas or opinions too. I don't know enough about the coding aspect to offer any advice in that area, just gameplay and cosmetics. Hope it all at least gets read if nothing else. Anyways...

- His Air Light Punch seems to make him hover slightly when he does it. To be honest, all his air attacks seem to cause him to hover, or cancel his jump animation, or something. There's definitely something strange happening when he's in the air.

-Also, kind of on that same note, if you just hold up and keep mashing any of his attack buttons, his jump animation and velocity will be cut short and he won't finish his jump, but will finish the jumping attack animation if that makes sense. Just try it, and you'll see what I mean.

-It would be more efficient to instead of completely stopping time during the Motorcycle Hyper, slow it down massively while the opponent is falling instead. That way you could still have a chance at catching falling enemies with it, not just ones that are standing/grounded.

-His ability to constantly roll forward during his dash forward is pretty odd. One single one would look a lot better, even though it's not as handy.

-His throw is cool, but strange looking at the same time. Might just be his palette making it hard to see what's actually happening though. Maybe you could consider having him simply grab the opponent from the front, then have him jam his knife into his stomach. IDK, just a suggestion.

-Maybe make the blood effects more consistent, meaning to include it on all landed bullet hits, as well as all knife attacks, blocked or not because you'd still get cut from blocking a blade (chip damage).

-Not sure if it was intentional or not, but you can only do a step-by-step combo progression (that's what I'm calling it), meaning you can do a lk>mk>sk combo, but you can't do a simple lk>sk combo, leaving out the mk. Same with punches. Not a bad thing, just different.

-I think it would be better for his grenade throw specials, if he threw first, rolled second. Or rolled and threw at the same time. It looks fine now, but unless he rolled first, then threw the grenade directly straight at the opponent like a baseball with no arc, it would make no sense to do what he does now in any fight, especially against another non ai player. You'd get punished badly before the grenade got a chance to hit it's target.

-Maybe use his roll sprites to give him the ability to quickly roll backwards or forwards by pressing p+k together.

-Would be cool if he had a CvS style parry move. A parry happens to be a great tool used for punishing, and he just so happens to be The Punisher.

-Maybe consider making his grenades and mines different than one another without switching by just tying each different one to a different attack button, so there's more variety in gameplay while doing combos. Examples: Frag (regular/guard break), smoke (cause dizzy/ not allow opponent specials for few seconds), cryo (slow time/enemy movement). Maybe one of the mines could be act like acid on the ground, causing damage when you walk or stand over the pool the explosion creates.

Might all get ignored, that's cool if it does. I see a lot of possibilities with him though and room for improvement. That sounds like I'm down talking him, but I promise I'm not. I think he's amazing as is. A million dollars could always be two though.
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:58:53 pm by shulbocka
#19  January 21, 2016, 05:50:49 am
  • "Brutality is an art"
    • rahlonnir@gmail.com
ParanormalParanoia  - looks like a required sprite problem I'll replace it on the 1.0

ROLEINMUGEN - thanks man :)
                          - On the gravity I added a velset code that brings him down on the end of the attack to continue the ground combo

dakidbanks - I thought about the FPS hmm maybe a rail gun and just riddle the enemy with bullets or a sniper rifle idk
                    - I like the idea of the thugs but for the final hyper I'm thinking of putting enemy in the van and interrogate him
                      you can choose the way of torture x-blades y-beating z-fire  a-justin biebers music etc.

xed - glad you liked it :)

shulbocka - Thanks for the feedback

- On the gravity I added a velset code that brings him down on the end of the attack to continue the combo
- It because of the velset code that brings him down
- I'll try to replace the pause with a slow code
- On this one yeah it looks weird now that I think about it I'll just add the velocity on the roll
- I did that on the first version and well it was not a good idea on the knife maybe dripping blood ?
- I'll add it if it fits
- It's kind of a dodge move and it breaks the combo so no
- Idk about that
- Instead of a parry actually coded a guardpush(PP while guarding) which was useless and I forgot about it if a parry fits better I'll  add it
- That is a good idea I'll add it but in needs to be more street level though
  since cryo bombs are more like green goblin style

- The ideas are actually really good don't worry about it and I'll add some of them in the final version
#20  January 21, 2016, 07:26:13 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
-That totally makes sense now that you pointed out why he does it. I'm no coder, but I've been working with Batman by Alucard for a few months now, and I was going for a similar effect. Meaning, I wanted to give him the ability to go from a ground to air combo, then hit the character to the ground, then be able to catch them with a c.SK in the same combo, for an added "You thought I was done? No, I'm Batman". The way I was able to achieve this without making him spam crazy or just broken as hell was to adjust the juggle points of each basic attack, and getting the clsn's perfect. If that wasn't confusing, might be worth a try. I could send him to you if you want, so you could test out what I'm talking about.

-Alright, I noticed that if you hit a character that's on the ground, the hyper will land, and the character will be hit into the air, slowing time as they fall. Then if you activate the hyper while the character is in the air, time will stop, and the motorcycle will ride on through missing the enemy. Not sure how you'd fix that, but at least I figured out how it operates now.

-I'll always agree to the addition of blood, especially if it's Punisher. I've secretly been planning on shading his weapon and trench-coat sprites for you also, and I think I might try making some possible new throw sprites while I'm at it for him. To be used at your discretion obviously.

-Sounds good, if you are referring to adding a roll for him if it works. I hope it does, but if doesn't, so be it.

-Makes sense about the grenade special roll and toss. What if you made it so that if you do the special with LP, he won't roll, MP he will roll backwards, and SP he will roll forward allowing to go into a combo immediately if the grenade lands? That would add variety without having to give him different types of grenades like I mentioned. That'd still be cool though if you did that too.

-I did notice the Guard Push code in there. I myself would prefer the parry, but that's just opinion, and has no influence on what should or shouldn't be present with him. If it works, rock on, if it doesn't, at least you entertained the idea of it.

-Good point on the style of grenades. I got the cryo idea from playing Fallout 4. That said though, the Punisher has beaten Green Goblin before, and he could've confiscated his gear for his own use. I would. Some more ideas though could be a frag, smoke, and a poisonous one that does damage over time. Or an anti air grenade that hits opponent and explodes, then clusters to the ground hitting the falling enemy again for a 2-hit special combo. Not very street though...hmmm. That's tough. Maybe throw out some crack rocks at the enemy? Just joking. Oh, actually, maybe a frag/smoke/knife throw that guard breaks or causes slow down due to having a knife stuck in their chest for a few seconds.

Thanks for acknowledging my feedback no matter what you choose to do in the end. That's awesome you said you plan on implementing some of it if it works though. I can't wait to see what you come up with. You're like The None in the sense that it's just extremely fun to see your ideas for characters. Definitely inspiring.
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:30:36 am by shulbocka
New #21  January 21, 2016, 07:56:21 am
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:17:54 am by dakidbanks