YesNoOk

Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena Tsarevna] (Read 79087 times)

Started by hatter, July 30, 2016, 12:46:38 am
Share this topic:
Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena Tsarevna]
#1  July 30, 2016, 12:46:38 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Spoiler: first ever post (click to see content)

Currently working on: ???

Completed characters: Ryu (Street Fighter) - Alena Tsarevna (out for public beta-testing)

Release thread: CvSE Release Thread
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:33:10 pm by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - Character Project Thread [Current: Ryu]
#2  July 30, 2016, 01:00:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Looking good. Your medium and strong attacks lack impact though. Use different hit sounds, hit sparks, and hit stuns to make the moves look better. Also more recoil on harder attacks.
#3  July 30, 2016, 01:02:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Looking good. Your medium and strong attacks lack impact though. Use different hit sounds, hit sparks, and hit stuns to make the moves look better. Also more recoil on harder attacks.

Awesome. I'll make sure to play around with the values and make that happen. Should be an easy task. :yes:
#4  July 30, 2016, 01:06:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You don't have to be accurate but try to sort of replicate subtle things like that. Check any character out in cvs2 and see how it looks.

Or just steal values from POTS. Just do something lol
#5  July 30, 2016, 03:48:29 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Just popping in to say one little nitpick - I dunno if it's your recording software, but your animations look really janky. Especially what I assume is the strong kick/strong attack? (I dunno if you're using a 6-button or 3-button system :P) You may want to take a look at other MvC-based Ryu's and look at the animation timings for their attacks to get it looking right. Also, that stance animation looks really weird being so slow, and could do with some speeding up.

If it's just the recording software playing tricks on my eyes, ignore me. Other than that, good progress so far! :)
#6  July 30, 2016, 04:05:54 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well, to be honest, I took a lot of my animation timings from Limited Moon's Ryu-X, especially for the attacks/normal movements with very minor changes (like, very minor). So I dunno what exactly are you seeing. Maybe it's because there is a lack of recoil for strong/medium, as mentioned above, which I will most definitely work on. But then again, I could give them another look, to be certain. You never know what you can get by looking twice.

However, now that I look at it, Ryu's idle was a bit faster in the source, so I can fix that. Thanks for telling me. :yes:
#7  August 01, 2016, 12:33:47 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Small update on my end:

-I think I've solved the lack of recoil on Ryu's medium and strong attacks. It took me a while of playing CvS2/guesstimating to figure out how the animation timings/attack velocities should go. In addition to that, I've updated some animation timings to make them faster, most notably the idle (as you can see in the 1st post's video, it was slow as shit).

-Coded in his first throw. It took me a while to get everything to work and I had to look at the coding of other users (thanks DarkWolf13 and Noctis) to get an idea of how I should go about it. However, it still needs some refining, which I spent the entire day doing, and yes it still needs more refining, particularly with P2's throw states and such. I'll probably rewrite the code to see if I understood anything, lol.

Tonight, I'll begin work on his Hadouken, and I'll see where I can go from there. If I can get enough anims done for Tifa, expect a video showcasing her alongside an update vid for Ryu. :)
#8  September 03, 2016, 02:40:48 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Wow, 5 weeks? Damn,

Anyways, I've gotten quite far with Ryu; his normals and specials have been coded in, and I started on his Limit Breaks a while ago. Managed to get the Shinkuu Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken to work (though the latter still needs some fiddling around, luckily I know where to play).

So have this:

Hitsparks are completely screwy, I'm aware. The only good reason I can give you as to why it's like that is because I plan on making custom hitsparks inspired by the old Final Fantasy games and Marvel vs Capcom 2 (pixelled, however), so expect to see them soon.

As for Tifa, graphical progress is going smooth. I will begin working on her SFF after fixing up a few of her completed anims (basic movement atm), so you will see a vid for her next time I post.

I should also explain that the LVs in the Limit Breaks won't work the same way as CvS2. In CvS2, depending on the button pressed in a Super Combo command, it uses either 1/2/3 SG bars. In my case, I'm assigning how many LB bars will be taken to specific Limit Breaks; however, depending on the button pressed, it changes how many hits you can land:

So e.g. Ryu:

LV. 1 Limit Break: Shinkuu Hadouken: LP > 3 hit combo, MP> 4 hit combo, HP> 5 hit combo. Takes 1 LB bar
LV. 2 Limit Break: Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpukyakku: LK > 5 hit combo, MK > 10 hit combo, HK > 15 hit combo. Takes 2 LB bars
LV.3 Limit Break: Shin Shoryuken. 4 hit combo regardless of button pressed. Takes 3 LB bars

Just thought I'd get that out there.
#9  October 27, 2016, 05:17:34 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It's been a while, huh?

Been doing stuff for Ryu anyways: I've added the roll, recovery roll (from MvC), Chip K.O., and the Denjin Hadouken (charge only at the moment).

Only things remaining are:
-Complete the Denjin Hadouken
-Add the Guard Push mechanic
-Add updated 2nd intro (@ゴーストキラー: has been kind enough to take their sprites off my hands and fix them for me. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, its one of Ryu's CvS2 intro animations, where he stands facing the screen, then assumes his battle position soon after)
-Fix up all of Ryu's palettes. I made a pretty big goof with em when I first started this char. Luckily, its fixable, and not much (6. What, you thought I would do more? Lol).
-Add SND file.
-Create Custom FX (in progress atm), and some CPS2 FX.
-Create Limit Break background.
-Make any other fixes after beta testing.

Future stuff will be:
-FIRST ATTACK and Counter Hit; I'm waiting on some SP/life bar concepts from Riccochet so that I can see them in action once I code them in.
-Intros with other CvSE characters; notably: Ken, Prince Doza, Chun-Li, Tifa Lockhart, Gene, and Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)
-big port and small port: this is once I actually get a grip on using my new Wacom, in other words, after a long while.

I'm super happy to have been able to get to this point. Wish I could have recorded a video, but I'll leave that for next post, which shouldn't be long, once I get to the SND file!
Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:29:57 am by Hatter
#10  December 18, 2016, 02:10:44 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
https://www.mediafire.com/?wd5sqpgbbxu932s

^For those interested, Ryu's open to testing. There are somethings I left unrefined and unadded, like the FX and the SND. So ignore all that when testing, because I know.

My eyes got tired of looking for anything wrong, so help me out a bit. Give me walls of text if need be, I don't care. I'm all eyes (ears too) so let me have it.

Guard Push was added. Ref'd Kamekaze's MvC2 Doom for the Guard Push code. Decided not to go with Denjin Hadouken, because.. well no reason, just didn't want to add it in anymore.

Also began working on custom FX, currently, only the LP FX is done:

#11  December 18, 2016, 07:06:01 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
After some quick testing i have a few things to say (GameSpeed was on Normal)
-Why does the St.HP feel faster than the medium punch
-Cr.Mk comes out 1 frame after Cr.Hk, which it should not
-Cr.Mp comes out 1 frame after Cr.Hp, dont know why you did it like that
-Combos feel rather small, and theyre hard to perform (for me atleast :\)
-The effect for the shinku hadouken looks very strange just sitting right infront of the opponent instead of feeling like it has any impact
-The bandana in the Donkey kick move stays in the air
-Why is the Air light kick a punch?
-St.Hp doesnt feel like a Heavy Punch
-One of his intros doesnt have the correct palette

Thats all i have to say so far, other than those things im liking how this is going.
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

EDIT: I just found out you can spam light kick to Forward medium kick over and over, i got a 30 hit combo just spamming those 2 moves
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:29:21 pm by likiji123
#12  December 18, 2016, 04:38:00 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Gave it a test myself

The shoryuken feels off, the vels could use some work and he comes down too fast

the hadoken sprite appears behind his hands, move it forward a lil bit

I dont get the point of the limit breaks using 1 bar but doing more or less hits
Depending on what strength punch you press, 3 hits on light, 5 on heavy
But both cost the same amount of power is weird.

Ill probably test again later and post more
#13  December 18, 2016, 06:28:36 pm
  • war is always over mugen
  • the solitare blade of light
    • Uruguay
for now looks in a good way this char good luck with those chars man :D
#14  December 18, 2016, 06:34:01 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
First off, many thanks for answering the call. I won't be able to work on them till the weekend, but please keep it coming. :yes:

Can you elaborate a bit on what that means? I'm not sure if I understood anything. :/

Do you mean like, when you perform the Cr. HK, Cr.MK skips a frame??? Or is there something I'm missing?

-The bandana in the Donkey kick move stays in the air

-Balthazar's fault, lol. (Balthazar made that anim, I may or may not edit it, it'll fall on whether I actually feel like it).
-??? I'm dead certain that the a.LK in the SFA/MvC games is like that for Ryu.
-Temporary, since the sprites are actually being fixed.

-the hadoken sprite appears behind his hands, move it forward a lil bit

-I dont get the point of the limit breaks using 1 bar but doing more or less hits, depending on what strength punch you press, 3 hits on light, 5 on heavy. But both cost the same amount of power is weird.

-Forward by how much? I recall the last time I put it forward, the Hadoken started to whiff in the corner, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

-I never liked the idea of a Super Move taking "x" amount of Super Bars depending on the button pressed, but if anyone else shares your sentiment, I may as well put it back.

As for everything else, I'll get to work on it when I can.
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:47:55 pm by F.R.O.S.T Hatter
#15  December 18, 2016, 11:39:06 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
If the hadoken whiffs in the corner try this

[state 1000, width]
Type=width
Trigger1=animelem=4
Edge=55; decrease if ryu gets placed back too far
Player=55

Make it activate on the frame the hadoken gets shot out
and just move it so it looks like its coming out his hands
#16  December 18, 2016, 11:40:04 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Awesome, I'll test it out this weekend.

Thanks a lot! :)
#17  December 18, 2016, 11:52:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
What liki123 is talking about is the ticks, start up time of the attack, I forgot to add that to my post

Edit. 1 frame = 1 tick of game time
#18  December 19, 2016, 12:12:33 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
What liki123 is talking about is the ticks, start up time of the attack, I forgot to add that to my post

Edit. 1 frame = 1 tick of game time

It's fine, when you say it like that, it makes a bit more sense. At least I now know where to look.

I know I've said this a lot, but this time (and I promise), I'll have some small preliminary video for Tifa up soon, life got in the way, and I was only able to scrounge some time in regards to this project for Ryu.
#19  December 19, 2016, 12:29:30 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia

Can you elaborate a bit on what that means? I'm not sure if I understood anything. :/

Do you mean like, when you perform the Cr. HK, Cr.MK skips a frame??? Or is there something I'm missing?
No, what i meant is that Cr.Hk comes out tick 3 while Cr.Mk comes out tick 4, when it should be the opposite.
Which makes Heavy kick come out too fast and medium kick come out too slow
same goes for the punch
(Didnt realize it was called tick instead of frames :sweatdrop:)

Oh, seems like a strange choice. But if capcom did it like that then its fine
#20  December 19, 2016, 01:15:21 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

No, what i meant is that Cr.Hk comes out tick 3 while Cr.Mk comes out tick 4, when it should be the opposite.
Which makes Heavy kick come out too fast and medium kick come out too slow
same goes for the punch
(Didnt realize it was called tick instead of frames :sweatdrop:)

Oh, seems like a strange choice. But if capcom did it like that then its fine

Ok wait theres some confusion here, in mugen its frames of animation, it don't matter
What frame it comes out at, hatter just add likke 2 or 3 ticks to the beginning animation
If hk
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - Character Thread [Current: Ryu]+ Tifa preview up!
#21  December 25, 2016, 03:56:54 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
O.K, so here's what I've addressed so far with Ryu:

-Why does the St.HP feel faster than the medium punch
-The effect for the shinku hadouken looks very strange just sitting right infront of the opponent instead of feeling like it has any impact
-St.Hp doesnt feel like a Heavy Punch

-The shoryuken feels off, the vels could use some work and he comes down too fast
-the hadoken sprite appears behind his hands, move it forward a lil bit

Anything not in the quotes have not been addressed, once I do, I'll upload Ryu again.

For now, have this sneak-peek:

I know some things are off, I'll be editing those tomorrow, so that a standard can be set in stone. Sorry it took so long to get to this!
#22  December 25, 2016, 04:12:03 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
You keep improving, aren't you?
It's really nice. Although I think you could edit her walk animation a little bit, since now it reminds too much Athena's.
Anyway, keep rocking.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#23  December 25, 2016, 04:15:18 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It's really nice. Although I think you could edit her walk animation a little bit, since now it reminds too much Athena's.

I think I already addressed this once, but you weren't there when I did, so I'll say it again. Since the Tifa project continues off of what jadencorsair left behind (the idle, walk forward, and walk backwards), I'm keeping them the way he left them, out of respect for his work. And thanks, hope you'll enjoy her gameplay/graphics when the demo's out. =)

(This doesn't mean that I don't agree with you, I do).
#24  December 25, 2016, 06:19:46 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Oh, I get it. Not that is a big deal, anyway.
Of course I will, good luck with everything.
When the time comes to the screenpack, let me know if you need help.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

lui

#25  December 25, 2016, 06:24:50 am
    • USA
man, seeing just how far you've come from day one really makes me feel fuzzy inside! keep it up hatter
#26  December 31, 2016, 08:36:22 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank you tomodachis.

And Speedster, I'll take you up on your offer at some point. :)

So a couple of things:

. As you may know (or not), Datkofguy is helping me with the life bars for this project, here's a screenshot of them so far with the recommended resolution on my laptop (very early build, the final product will not entirely be the same):

Font is entirely placeholder, only the bars are finalized (design-wise). Ideas, suggestions for improvement, designs and ideas of your own are welcome; just so that you are in the know, we decided on a Capcom and Square Enix hybrid, so if you want to suggest anything, make sure that it fits that criterion. If you see something off in this screenshot, let me know as well.

Since I mentioned that custom art is gonna be added to this game, there'll be a place for that too. I'll have to start working on some soon enough so that we can figure out a resolution, I think.

. Here's a link for Ryu w/ all the fixes I've made so far. The only thing I have not addressed is the stiffness of the combos. I figured out how to handle it, but to finalize this, I'm going to be playing a lot of CvS2 with Ryu to have the proper feel figured out. Even if I won't be accurate to CvS2, I still want you to feel like you are playing a C-Groove Ryu from that game.

Let me know if something is still off, or if you find anything new. As I said before, ignore the misplaced FX and lack of sound, and keep the stiffness of the combos out of mind for now. I'll tackle all this soon enough, and the latter will be the first of them.
Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:39:47 pm by Hatter
#27  December 31, 2016, 09:23:03 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
File download got blocked over some dmca bullshit
#28  December 31, 2016, 09:28:41 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Lifebars have a nice design (would probably look better if it had color instead of grey, maybe add color to the darker grey shades), but the gradient doesn't look very good... it's not the colors itself, more so the dithering going on there that gives it an off putting aesthetic.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#29  December 31, 2016, 09:32:41 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Lifebars have a nice design (would probably look better if it had color instead of grey, maybe add color to the darker grey shades), but the gradient doesn't look very good... it's not the colors itself, more so the dithering going on there that gives it an off putting aesthetic.

We can remove that easily. Colors are also placeholder, but hey, its good to know that they are appealing.

File download got blocked over some dmca bullshit

Omg lol, have at thee quickly then.

EDIT: Changed the URL again, try it now.
Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:36:07 pm by Hatter
#30  January 01, 2017, 02:37:54 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Im Likin the lifebar so far, but i feel like the Limit Break should look more like FF7
Also, this ryu update is pretty great so far. Though my issue with his heavy punch still stands

Somethin like this, though i can make it for ya
Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:21:05 am by likiji123
#31  January 01, 2017, 02:59:13 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'd highly appreciate that, I'm really not in the mood for editing any more Ryu sprites.

The FF7 Limit Break bar seems very bland in comparison to what DatKofguy did. :/

Expect the following next time:
-Cancels and addressing of combo stiffness.
-FX and SND
-Finest K.O., First Attack, and Counter Hit.
#32  January 01, 2017, 03:22:59 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I'd highly appreciate that, I'm really not in the mood for editing any more Ryu sprites.

The FF7 Limit Break bar seems very bland in comparison to what DatKofguy did. :/
I finished it, the hands on frame 1 look kinda odd but since it goes fast it aint that hard to tell

Hmmm, well i only know of the FF7 limit bars so i dunno
#33  January 01, 2017, 03:27:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That looks great. There's also a bit of a bounce when he lands the punch, and a sudden change of color, but I can fix that easily. :)

I'll add that into the next update. Maybe by then, we can have a finalized template.
#34  January 01, 2017, 04:27:46 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
That looks great. There's also a bit of a bounce when he lands the punch, and a sudden change of color, but I can fix that easily. :)
Oh woops :sweatdrop:

Also, this was my idea for the limit break bar, Kinda like third strike where once the lvl 1 bar is filled it goes to lvl 2

But have that small box with the number there to tell you 1/3 or 2/3 and so on

EDIT: i forgot to fix the hand on one of the frames of the punch

fixed that noww
Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 04:39:30 am by likiji123
#35  January 11, 2017, 03:33:43 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Update on my end:
-Recoded the Shoryuken. For the velocities, I stole the values from Lost_Avenger and Just No Points Ryu.
-Started employing cancels, currently normal to special cancels. So far, in comparison to the last beta, it feels smoother now.

My current aims from now forth include:
-Add in Limit Cancels
-Complete and add the custom FX, and add in his CvS2 sound pack.
-Counter Attack and First Attack triggers.
-(for much later) A.I.

When the above three are complete, I'll throw in a video, and put a link for public beta testing. Hopefully it won't be too long!
#36  January 12, 2017, 08:31:08 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Nice system ideas!
Glad to see some progress!
#37  January 16, 2017, 01:01:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank you Ned. :)

Put up a poll. King of Fighters/Capcom vs SNK 2 or Marvel vs Capcom 2 tag system? For the latter, I was thinking to allow switching between characters and no assists, but with the ability to save up for one EX Assist, and call out one partner to help you out on-screen at the cost of a power bar.

I like both tag systems, and am torn between them right now, so I want you to decide for me: tagging/in out in a battle, or turn-system? I know it sounds too soon to talk about this, but I honestly want to stop thinking about so damn much.

I'm also considering putting in a combo system that is akin to MvC2 and maybe go for a simplified command system, because I actually adore the former a lot, and it'd make life easier for me when testing/playing lol. Will talk more about that later, hopefully when I get more time to myself (haven't had any for CvSE :()
#38  January 16, 2017, 01:09:07 am
  • Moving your life with greener pastures.
    • daedalus96@gmail.com

Ah man, i thought you'd put as 2vs2 tag team system from the previous series, but i suppose it wouldn't hurt to go as 3v3 tag team system, so yes, i'll go with MvC2 tag system.
#39  January 21, 2017, 06:34:08 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Reminder that one day remains to vote for the team system you want: the turn-based King of Fighters, or have the ability to switch a la Marvel vs. Capcom 2

On a couple other notes, I've decided that the Magic Series from Darkstalkers (I think) and Marvel vs Capcom 2 should be how the combos work in Capcom vs Square Enix.

However, it seems that I can't rewrite over my current CMD without fucking up other things, to which I'm contemplating rebuilding the attack states in the CMD from scratch, with either Kamekaze or Splode as a guide/reference.

If anyone wants to tell me something I don't know about the Magic Series and their implementation in MUGEN (I've read the pertinent thread about chain combos in the MUGEN Class board, so I have a good idea already), I'd appreciate it very much.

But for now, have some in-progress custom FX, and let me know what you think of them, seeing that I can't provide any new video/download link (to which, again, I'm sorry):

#40  February 02, 2017, 05:48:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Bumpity bump.

So I got all of Ryu's normals and specials into an MvC2 Magic Series esque combo system (big thanks to XCB; I took a note from his Jill char). It's still 3 button so there's that:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p9ct74

When testing, don't test the Shinkuu Tatsumaki and the Shin Shoryuken, as I have not adapted them to the new command system. Only Shinkuu Hadouken so far has been adapted, so test that if you wanna test the Limit Breaks.

Aside from this command system change, I played around with some values and stuff. Took a look at Kamekaze's MvC2 Ryu as reference.

Please notify me of any bugs, or if you feel something is not right, or could be better. Only you contributions can assure a damn good template I can base the other 57 characters on.

Making tiny progress w/ the FX:

<- Only 4 more frames till I finish the medium attack spark, woopie.

I will draw up some new FX when I get the time, but next ones you should expect are heavy attack sparks, dash, and collision sparks for ground and wall.

So since the results are 15 (MvC2) - 2 (KoF), the MvC2 tag system will be used for Capcom vs Square Enix.
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:52:08 am by Paz Hatter
#41  February 02, 2017, 08:17:12 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Nice effects :)

as for the update ryu, the only bug im seeing right now is the fact that if you get hit at the beginning of tatsu you stay in the air. other than that great job!
#42  February 02, 2017, 08:34:54 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i like the hisparks!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#43  February 04, 2017, 03:48:33 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank you! I honestly can't wait to complete them and release them to the public. Hopefully others can make use of it too when I'm done with em.

Nice effects :)

as for the update ryu, the only bug im seeing right now is the fact that if you get hit at the beginning of tatsu you stay in the air. other than that great job!

Alright I did something that may solve it. Try it out and let me know if it persists

Some other things I changed:
-Updated my CvS2 rendition of Ryu's time over (and simultaneously intro) pose by editing a similar animation from GCNMario's Ryu char. It honestly looks leagues better now.
-Changed the air mP animation with an edit, courtesy of likiji123.
-Adjusted the Shin Shoryuken and Shinkuu Tatsumaki commands to fit in with the "activate with 2 buttons" thing going on with the Shinkuu Hadouken.
-Adjusted the positions of certain hitsparks; all standing attacks, and maybe 2 or 3 crouch attacks.

If it isn't too much, please focus on comboing and attack cancellations (mainly Limit Breaks, but specials would be nice as well). I'm suspecting that there's a problem with normal/specials > Limit Break cancellation, but I'd like it if someone can confirm it for me (stupid, I know. Please bear with me).

I'm going to get around to adding sound, and testing out frame safety advantages to make sure there is no fuckery at play. Whether it'll be soon, I can't say. All I'm hoping for is the best now, lol.
#44  February 04, 2017, 04:07:34 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
What kind of bearing do you want? Grizzly? Mountain? : V

Silliness aside, good to hear you're getting closer to finishing up Ryu! Is the coding process going well for you and all that?
#45  February 04, 2017, 04:22:14 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'd say so far so good, but only testing will let me know how far I need to backtrack. Same goes for frame safety advantage testing, which'll come after this (IDK when tho).
#46  February 08, 2017, 05:05:00 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Small update, but I've added in a Zero Counter function, which seems to function well so far. Referenced PoTS/Lost_Avenger in parts I was stumped on (it was mostly the CMD parts, but writing it was.. too damn easy to say the least :mmhmm:)

As for the hit sparks:

Only the medium hit spark, the Limit Break FX and the guard FX remain. For the latter two, I'll be taking a cue from Final Fantasy 7 and Dissidia, respectively. For things like dash and Advancing Guard FX, I'll be taking them from the Alpha/VS games, edit the Advancing Guard to match up with what I have in mind for the new guard FX, and presto, they'll be ready for release.

The only hit sparks that would remain would be for bladed characters, but I'll leave those until I actually work on one.

Back to Ryu, with the Zero Counter in, all that remains aside from FX/SND files are reworking that attack states and the CMD to make sure that they feel like Ryu's in MvC2, adding a recovery function from the Dizzy State, and a Throw Escape function. After that, I'll leave it open to public beta testing to check for any fuckery and such.

After that, the template, minus EX Assist and A.I should be ready, if all falls according to plan. :beatnik:
#47  March 20, 2017, 12:16:02 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hi there.

Just coming in to give a tiny update on Ryu.

-Redid the Shin Shoryuken so that it would instead be the one in the Alpha series (Solar Plexus -> 2 hit Shoryuken). I will be redoing the Shinkuu Tatsumaki from scratch (w/ P.o.T.S as a fall-back in case I'm totally stumped on something) and the Dizzy code, I feel that they need to be redone.

-Implemented the Zero Counter. Also added in FX for Ryu (took them directly from Sheng Long's Ryu char, so thanks to him).

-Edited hitdef properties here and there, mostly velocities, hit times, FX placing (though it is not done yet).

-Began to swap out the P.o.T.S juggle system I took from Lost_Avenger in for one described by JnP as used for his Piccolo. I was going to originally go and read P.o.T.S and try to understand how he did it, but once I saw the former's and how compact it was, I couldn't help but go "hey, let's use it". So far, I need to implement it on the Limit Breaks, helpers, and special moves, but it works marvelously so far thus.

-Added in a temporary big portrait.

-Added a proper Safe Fall mechanic (also referenced from P.o.T.S. Apparently, I implemented it completely wrong on the first coding run. :/)

Work on Tifa is still going, just not too strong. I've been inspired by a recent MUGEN release to approach spriting and coding simultaneously, so I'll be trying it out soon. I have a feeling I'll be netting some good results from it soon. :3

Once I finish everything I want to finish for Ryu, a project release/feedback thread will be made. Hopefully it doesn't take me forever. It honestly shouldn't at this point.

I'll record a video tonight, showing the redone Shin Shoryuken, Zero Counter, and some of my custom FX in action (as a reminder, the FX will be released stand-alone for those who desire them; however, my chars won't have them included in as I'll be editing the fightfx SFF/AIR of the in-progress SP to encompass my FX).
#48  March 20, 2017, 02:01:53 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'll record a video tonight

I'm a fucking moron at times, I swear. >_<

Did it this morning, and:

-> Go to 0:57 to skip my failed attempts at doing it.

Boat-loads of refining is needed, I know. I'm working on it all. Feel free to point something out, I'm sure I've missed quite a lot, even with constant searching.

#49  March 21, 2017, 05:49:17 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Those ryu updates are looking sweet, the effects look great in motion :D

and yeah, the zero counter needs a bit of improving
#50  March 21, 2017, 05:56:29 am
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
Digging the HUD man, Ryu is making good progress so far. Can't wait for more :D
#51  March 21, 2017, 05:40:23 pm
    • UK
Digging the progress so far. Keep working on that Zero Counter, I'd love to see how it all comes together!

Also, just a small request:
-Began to swap out the P.o.T.S juggle system I took from Lost_Avenger in for one described by JnP as used for his Piccolo. I was going to originally go and read P.o.T.S and try to understand how he did it, but once I saw the former's and how compact it was, I couldn't help but go "hey, let's use it". So far, I need to implement it on the Limit Breaks, helpers, and special moves, but it works marvelously so far thus.
Can you link me to where he described it? I'm working on something in my free time, and I'm interested in using that juggle system in case MUGEN's rubbish default one starts giving me trouble.
#52  March 21, 2017, 05:50:50 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The Zero Counter still needs some refinement in other areas, but I'm happy that its going well so far. : ]

As for the P.o.T.S juggle system, I took mine from Lost_Avenger's Ryu (which was my biggest reference when I was stumped), but P.o.T.S juggle system was talked about in this post:

Spoiler: POTS Juggle (click to see content)

However, this one is outdated. A relevant post to this that can help is this:

So MUGEN's default juggle system is pretty much worthless. POTS left this behind to replace it.

Spoiler: POTS Juggle (click to see content)
This is related to juggling but it's not actually PotS's juggle system. It's also a bit outdated because 1.0 now allows this to be produced with a HitDef parameter; PotS's last big update for his characters for 1.0 removed the old way and added in the new.

Instead of using a target state to force P2 recover, the new HitDef parameter, ForceNoFall, can be used to well... force P2 to not fall. All of the normals in PotS's characters have ForceNoFall = 1 in their respective HitDef's (technically, they have ForceNoFall = !var(20); var(20) is the custom combo timer, and it will disable ForceNoFall if active).

Spoiler: Juggle "resets" - invulnerability (click to see content)
This however is still in use, after a fashion. It's simplified down to a juggle flag variable (0 = off/can juggle; 1 = flag on/can't juggle). It should be noted that the juggle flag is distinct from the juggle points in PotS characters, though!

So the place you may want to look are either P.o.T.S characters that received his last big update, or maybe one of Jmorphman's characters, since he is the closest you can get to P.o.T.S.

Hope this is of some use to you.
#53  March 21, 2017, 06:59:08 pm
    • UK
I was actually talking about the one he used for Piccolo, but thanks, all the same. :)
#54  March 21, 2017, 07:01:26 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm dum. >_<

Here's the one he described for Z2 Piccolo:

For Piccolo I made a simple one that is kinda similar to MUGEN's default

This is in my attacks
[State 0, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = MoveHit = 1
trigger1 = P2StateType = A
var(18) = 7; adjust to determine how many juggle points it should have

Hitdef
type = HitDef
triggerall = Var(18) <= 15; adjust for how many points it'll allow

place the below in your -2 so the var resets when P2 is no longer in hit state
[State -2, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = P2MoveType != H
var(18) = 0

to apply to helpers remember to do this

This is in my attacks
[State 0, ParentVarAdd]
type = ParentVarAdd
trigger1 = MoveHit = 1
trigger1 = P2StateType = A
var(18) = 7; adjust to determine how many juggle points it should have

Hitdef
type = HitDef
triggerall = root,Var(18) <= 15; adjust for how many points it'll allow

#55  March 25, 2017, 03:31:02 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I decided to record this video to liven things up:

Couple of things to note:

-The Heavy Shoryuken missing in a combo is apparently a result of the velocities I took from Kamekaze's MvC2 Ryu (with his permission). It is the same thing in MvC2. However, I will be changing this because its becoming very infuriating. >:[

I put the volumescale for all SNDs at 255, since its impossible to hear Ryu's voice when BG music is playing.

-Although not shown in this video, I've edited the Dizzy state to encompass the MvC vertical spin. I'm very pleased with how it came out.

-I suck at alignment (you can tell by that big port in the win screen). I'll make sure to align the big port properly before the public release.

From here, the final thing I'll be doing before making the release/bug report thread is actually coding a Zero Counter hit state (y'know, the OHHHH I'M HORIZONTALLY SPINNING OUTTA CONTROOOOL animation), and the actual readme.

Tell me if you spot anything screwy regardless.

(also, as an added bonus, its me as Ryu.... yeah I suck at fighting games, you don't have to tell me twice).
#56  March 26, 2017, 02:57:41 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Great looking Ryu so far! Some cool new animations as well too.
I absolutely LOVE that win quote!

I can't wait to start on mine!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#57  March 26, 2017, 05:02:43 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, those new animations are honestly something, especially the Balthazar animations. And yeah, that win quote is great, it came at the best time too. : D

Thanks for dropping by, and good luck w/ your own MUGEN creations.

Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:25:30 am by Paz Hatter
#58  March 27, 2017, 01:58:18 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Double post because relevant:

Showing off the custom Zero Counter state. Yep, made it w/o referring to another creator's code. : ]

Last required portions include a redo of the Shinkuu Tatsumaki (hitdefs), and adding Dizzy FX (custom, gonna draw over some existing ones though). Then, its off to public beta testing.

(I was supposed to be showcasing the Zero Counter twice around the last portion of the video, but I gave up after those three tries, LOL).
Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:01:29 am by Paz Hatter
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Captain Commando, Tifa, Alena]
#59  May 04, 2017, 08:47:36 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Posting to report that Ryu's been released, so go check him out:

CvSE Release Thread riight over here, matey.

I'm going to consider Ryu "tentatively done".

The Capcom vs. Square Enix build will have four characters. Next ones are (in no particular order):

Also, Speedster/Dan Mt. is working on the screenpack, and so far it is AMAZING. Guaranteed mind-melting. I'll post about when there is more progress or when Speedster feels its time to show off the work.
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:01:59 pm by Hatter
#60  May 04, 2017, 09:01:05 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com

#61  May 04, 2017, 09:02:48 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Excuse the brain lapse. Link fixed in my original post.
#62  June 22, 2017, 07:09:11 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Yes, this is still happening.

This version of Captain Commando will have the same special moves that Warusaki3's version had: Captain Burst (from Namco x Capcom), Captain Kick, and Captain Upper. The only addition to the set will be Captain Collidor, which was a Super Move in his version. The planned Limit Breaks are Captain Fire (LV.1), Captain Sword (LV.2), and Captain Storm (LV.3)

The other Commandos will not appear except in the win poses, Captain Sword, and Captain Storm. There's going to be another character that has strikers appearing in his specials/Limit Breaks in place of the Captain, but I'm not gonna talk about him now.

Captain Strike (which was the move where other Commandos appeared as strikers) is now the name for a unique attack. It is basically his MvC heavy kick. There is a different kick to compensate for it, however.

What I've done so far:
-Basic movement and get-hits.
-Normals and Unique Attacks.
-Win poses (2/3), intro poses (2/3), and taunt animations.
-All Special attacks (they currently do not have any hitdefs in their code yet).

I'll post a link for the Captain tomorrow once I add in hitdefs for his special attacks. I'll also be uploading a new link for Ryu, because I've done some small updates to his code.

(P2 palette courtesy of Davismaximus).

(EDIT: GIF died. I'll upload screenshots this afternoon in its place).
Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:45:53 pm by Hatter

lui

#63  June 22, 2017, 08:01:51 am
    • USA
you're using that awesome cs job by davis right? please tell me you are
#64  June 22, 2017, 08:09:20 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Nope.
#65  June 22, 2017, 08:52:32 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Kinda of a minus suggestion, but if was possible you could add his voices from Project X Zone 2.

Overall, it looks awesome, keep it up :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#66  June 22, 2017, 09:54:16 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm using his Namco x Capcom voice (which I shamelessly took from Waru's).

PXZ2 voice is not a bad suggestion honestly, but I don't want to go back to adding sound files to the SND (its like 42 atm), so I'm going to stick with the NxC voice.

EDIT: because I have no desire to use CS'd sprites. At all. 

EDIT 2: something happened on my end, and I just noticed that my post was posted like 5 times. fixed it now, sorry about that.

Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:52:44 am by Hatter

lui

#67  June 22, 2017, 09:54:24 am
    • USA
#68  July 09, 2017, 06:59:50 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So I finally got off my lazy arse. Here's the beta.

So far, only normals, throws, unique attacks, and special attacks are implemented. There's probably a huge chunk of shit wrong with it, anything you find is fair game, so post it all here.

I might not be able to implement it all immediately, but all issues will be addressed.
#69  July 09, 2017, 07:15:23 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
A strange glitch occurred relating to stun
After i stunned the opponent, i tested how they reacted whilst being flung in to the air. They can still be hit, but for whatever reason, when i hit them a certain number of times, they land and get up, still stunned, but are invincible until the stun wears off. Maybe look in to how SF3 handled its stun as it seems to fit the kinda thing you may be going for.
#70  July 09, 2017, 07:37:38 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Its probably because I bunged up the Dizzy Code when adding the MvC motion (the vertical spin) to it. I'll look into it, because I just found that it's also present in Ryu.

I probably either misplaced a code block, mistyped, or altogether forgot to add something important, so its back to reviewing Lost_Avenger's Ryu for me.

EDIT: I did miss a couple of code blocks, but its actually the juggle code I'm using that's causing this, ha. Now to actually fix this.
Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:48:37 pm by Hatter

lui

#71  July 09, 2017, 08:24:47 pm
    • USA
Is the juggle code the one provided by jnp? If so I'm having the same issue with it regarding one of my projects, if you get a solution be sure to share it with me pls thx
#72  July 10, 2017, 01:58:51 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Walruslui: Hey. I fiddled around with it a bit this afternoon, and I solved it:

Code:
;Reset Juggle
[State -2, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = P2MoveType != H || P2StateNo = (insert Dizzy State # here)
var(7) = 0

It worked on both Ryu and Captain Commando on my end. Let me know how it works for you.

Just as an extra addition, we are having a bit of a setback with the SP, so it may be a while before work can be resumed on it. We'll keep you updated on it.
Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:03:26 am by Hatter

lui

#73  July 10, 2017, 08:41:54 am
    • USA
yup it worked, thanks a bunch!
#74  September 11, 2017, 05:47:18 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

BURN BITCH BURRRRN!

So yeah, this is still a thing. And what you see is the first of three Limit Breaks. Yep, you read right, Captain Fire will not be a special attack similar to how Warusaki3 did it. However, it'll be a one-hit move like in the original MvC games, because I don't want all projectile Limit Breaks to be multi-hitting.

Also, some stuff to share:
-Roster changes. I know, I know, again?. Yes, this time significantly lower, and the final time I do one. This new roster is actually more feasible to create because of existing graphical resources I can use/reference, mostly pertaining to Square Enix characters. All characters that have existing sprites/animations made by me will remain. This means that Asura, Tifa, Alena Tsarevna, Sora (I recently made a sprite for the dude), Viewtiful Joe (sprites being made by Felo), and Gene are still in. I'll share it once Captain Commando is mostly complete.

-I've been thinking of a mechanic similar to the Marvel Super Heroes Infinity Stones mechanic. But with the Final Fantasy Crystals. How I was thinking it would work:

-4 Crystals: Earth, Fire, Water and Air. Each has a unique property, but comes with a setback upon use. For example, the Earth Crystal grants the user Super Armour, but takes away their speed. They last for a small amount of time.
-They pop up sporadically during a fight in the middle of the arena, only once per battle. Completely randomized.
-Similar to the Infinity Stones, they can be knocked out of an opponent through special attacks, throws, and knock-down inducing moves.

Just wanted to gauge thoughts on that, and to know whether this is feasible in a full-game environment.

Aside from that, what's left for Captain Commando:
-Captain Sword
-Captain Storm
-General balancing (this applies to Ryu as well, as I will be checking up on him concurrently)
-Adding flame FX to hurt animations upon contact with Captain Burst and Captain Fire
-Fix a small SND problem I'm having with one of his intros where the intro SND still plays after I press any button (I'm assuming it has to due with the length of the sound file itself. Any suggestions/solutions are welcome)
-Zero Counters

So I have my work cut out for me. Which means I won't really be able to do any sprite related stuff (e.g. Tifa, Asura, those hit sparks I promised a long time ago ;-;). But once the good Captain my Captain is knocked out of the park, those hit sparks will be priority numero uno, followed by everyone's fave titillating babe and some angry Buddhist.

Alrighty, see you in 5-6 months!
#75  September 11, 2017, 06:26:22 am
    • USA
Hm. Now I wonder what changed the roster this time. Anywho, good to see that you're making some progress with this, if even a little. The mechanics with the crystals sounds interesting though and could easily work if you know how to handle the way infinity stones worked.
#76  September 11, 2017, 06:08:35 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hm. Now I wonder what changed the roster this time.
A lot of cuts, but necessary cuts.

Anywho, good to see that you're making some progress with this, if even a little. The mechanics with the crystals sounds interesting though and could easily work if you know how to handle the way infinity stones worked.

I don't think it'd be impossible, but then again, I'm no MUGEN maestro so I'll have to actually do some research and see if someone did implement an Infinity Stones mechanic in a full-game environment.

On the topic of the Crystals, I found that I actually had descriptions for all 4 written down so I guess I'll share:

-Earth: Gives "Super Armor" but reduces speed.
-Fire: Increased attack power but reduces defense. Also, added burn FX to knock-down inducing attacks
-Water:  Increased speed + attack speed, but reduces attack power
-Air: Gives double/triple jump depending on the character, but leaves you more susceptible to air attacks.

Obviously the last one sounds kinda dumb, and I don't blame you for thinking that. I just couldn't think of what I can do for the Air Crystal. All of this is completely up in the air, and may or may not happen. Nevertheless, suggestions are welcome.
#77  September 11, 2017, 10:08:18 pm
    • USA
What about increased meter gain for Limit Breaks? That could work easily. Or, if you're implementing those status effects for gameplay purposes, immunity to those? Or, decreased frames needed to do parry or whatever, making it easier to do parries or the like? Just some food for thought there~
#78  September 11, 2017, 10:27:38 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
First one sounds like something that can come in handy during battle. The other two feel like they require more coding, so those might not actually work (I'd rather stick to the core subsystems I put with Ryu than add more).

The only thing that would be needed in the case of the first idea would be some form of downside to keep it uniform between the rest of the crystals. Maybe a limit to your usage of Limit Breaks? Like, whatever power you accumulate with the increased LB gain during the active time for that Crystal will all be used during whatever Limit Break you use. That would probably apply only to Level 1 and Level 2 Limit Breaks, though. But, it kinda handicaps you without leaving you completely helpless, I suppose.

#79  September 12, 2017, 02:44:00 am
    • USA
How about less defense/offense power while it's active? Decrease all those paramaters in favor of lots of Limit Breaks going off?
#80  September 12, 2017, 03:16:21 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That sounds a lot better, actually. I mean, I was trying to make it so a parameter other than attack and defense takes a hit, but I guess it won't hurt to have a double-trouble kind of situation going on with the Air Crystal.
#81  September 12, 2017, 03:19:43 am
    • USA
You could also make it so that there's a Regen effect on life/Limit gauge too, if you want to do something for anything else. Can also do something like greater pushback while blocking, or less damage done to guard meter too. Several ideas to float around with.
#82  October 11, 2017, 04:57:08 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So uhh, Captain Sword wasn't all that cool* so I added in Warusaki3's Captain Combo. It still needs tweaking but it functions alright:

In that same video you can see his Captain Fire LBs and a new throw I made for him w/ existing sprites. Can you spot it?

He's starting to come alive so a new beta for him for you to test out wouldn't be a farfetch'd idea.

Spoiler: * (click to see content)
#83  February 01, 2018, 08:55:12 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Time to breathe life back here:

(ignore that badly placed default super spark, it'll be removed soon)

So I finally managed to figure out how to put the intro/landing process for the Commandos. So far, they go into a DestroySelf state when CapCom connects his upper cut or when he misses/whiffs the opponent, until I implement the required custom state and the Commando barrage that would ensue.

If all goes as planned, Captain Storm should be done fairly quickly, meaning I can implement some missing SNDs and the final win pose, and put him up for beta testing.

And it only took 3 months, not 6.  :pleased:
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena Tsarevna]
#84  February 02, 2018, 09:45:10 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So uhh, I ended up with a snag, as described in this thread.

Unfortunately, this snag evolved, and apparently the CMD and code states are also gone. As in completely gone. I'm not sure what's causing this, but all the work I did on CapCom is now gone, helpers, Limit Breaks, all that.

This is a bit of a kick in the teeth for me, so I'm going to put it like this:

1. Captain Commando is officially CANCELLED. So instead of Captain Commando in the alpha, Alena Tsarevna of Dragon Quest will replace him. I'll be doing it as an edit of Noctis' Alena character.

2. Another Capcom character will take his place. I'm not going to say much about it, but once the alpha is out, I'll announce the entire roster.

Effort will now be pooled into Tifa and Asura's sprite work, editing Noctis' Alena so she can fit into the CvSE lay-out, and finishing work on DatKofguy's lifebars.

It's a shame it came to this, but I sure learned my lesson about backups. If you need me, I'll be backing up everything else I have so far, because I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice.

Sorry it had to come to this.
#85  February 03, 2018, 01:18:28 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Damn it; I know that feeling.

I lost 896 pieces of music in 2 years...but it's good to see that you're back on track.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME

lui

#86  February 03, 2018, 02:04:08 am
    • USA
atleast you can always come back to him and restart his progress since you don't have to sprite anything at all
#87  February 03, 2018, 11:59:21 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
It happened to me a couple years ago too with a
edit of wreck it Ralph.

That's one hell of a bug in Fighter Factory.
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena]
#88  March 27, 2018, 03:56:19 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Maybe they'll fix that with the new Fighter Factory.

Ryu's been updated, check him out here

In regards to Alena, the main files are now implemented into my template, all that's left is fiddling around with her .AIR, .ST, and .CMD files. Shouldn't be too hard.
#89  March 28, 2018, 09:14:05 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Very early view of Alena:

Various things need to be implemented/played around with, but it's progressing a lot smoother than anticipated.
#90  March 28, 2018, 09:36:26 pm
She looks very Great and well animated. I can see she is based on Sakura. Sweet progress there. Good luck with it man.
#91  March 28, 2018, 10:54:43 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yep, the dude who made the set based it off of Sakura.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.
#92  April 06, 2018, 04:04:06 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Getting somewhere:

That's two of her special moves, Bakuretsuken and Sho-tsume (still haven't coded in the HitDefs for them). Only 3 more specials remain before Limit Breaks and other mechanics. Then it's testing time.

It's slowed down at the suggestion of no1wammy so it could be viewed better.
Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:10:45 pm by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
#93  April 29, 2018, 12:51:38 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Bump. All of her special moves have been coded in, HitDefs and SND and everything. Only tasks remaining are her system mechanics and Limit Breaks, before letting beta testing rip it apart.

I hit a snag in the animations department, in the sense that she lacks Advancing Guard animations, Recovery Roll, and a Dash stop animation (her dash is a run, so think Sakura). Meaning I have to make them myself. Here's what I've done so far in that regard:

Hopefully I can cheese through them so I can get on with working on her code.
#94  April 29, 2018, 12:59:32 am
sakura's base is perfect!

lui

#95  April 30, 2018, 04:32:12 pm
    • USA
if you need i can possibly rip her voices from Dragonquest heroes 2 which is by far the best quality voice she has (atleast in jap)
#96  May 02, 2018, 12:11:15 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
She actually has a JAP voice, but idk if its from Dragon Quest Heroes 2. If you end up ripping it, I'll implement it later on.

Dropping by to say that Zero Counters, Recovery Roll, and Advancing Guard have all been implemented. From here, all she needs is the implementation of her Limit Breaks, some adjustments to her attack damage values, and a dash stop animation for her forward dash so that it stops looking weird, and I can release her for public testing.

Alpha release is close.
Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:15:03 am by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
#97  May 05, 2018, 07:35:20 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
A small look into Alena's LV3 Limit Break, Kaisen Dankairaku:

Idk why the sound muted, sorry about that.
#98  May 05, 2018, 07:51:11 pm
Too fast, I didn't even realize she kicked the enemy for the first hit until I watched the video again.
#99  May 10, 2018, 01:50:29 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'll have that taken care of soon.

Taking a slightly small break from character coding to work on the Training Stage. I'm using the Dong Dong Never Die training stage (-Whiplash-'s edit of MaxBeta's stage) as a basis.

Small in-progress mock-up. Aside from editing the stage a bit further, I'll be adding one last stage element, most probably a stage light. Still playing around with colors, so nothing seen here will be final. (I also messed up the placement of the screen, ignore that).

The ball-shaped object at the top will be in a sort of holographic cage. Probably gonna make it the White Materia because I can't shake my love for FF7, and I just thought it would look cool.
#100  May 10, 2018, 01:55:42 am
  • El Chanfle
  • Latino Americano, Young Generation & Drawist
    • Mexico
I'll have that taken care of soon.

Taking a slightly small break from character coding to work on the Training Stage. I'm using the Dong Dong Never Die training stage (-Whiplash-'s edit of MaxBeta's stage) as a basis.

Damn dude, that looks interesting. Also that alena is looking pretty good as well! Keep up the good work dude. :)

"Survival of the fittest is nature's way!"
#101  May 10, 2018, 03:03:47 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Damn dude, that looks interesting. Also that alena is looking pretty good as well! Keep up the good work dude. :)

Appreciate it, hope to wrap things up soon for public beta testing.
#102  May 12, 2018, 09:34:09 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I'm a little embarrassed and flattered that my ideas for Alena are actually being used elsewhere. I hope your project continues to progress smoothly from here on out

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#103  May 16, 2018, 10:12:56 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Happy to read that.

Dropping by to say that Alena's now ready for beta-testing. I'll drop a video and a download link in the release thread tomorrow.
#104  May 17, 2018, 01:50:35 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Dropping by to say that Alena's now ready for beta-testing. I'll drop a video and a download link in the release thread tomorrow.

Alena's been released for beta-testing. Download link +video are in the Release Thread

Please post all bugs/errors here, regarding both Ryu and Alena.