YesNoOk

quick palette question! (Read 627 times)

Started by Aeyon, November 07, 2007, 10:31:35 pm
Share this topic:
quick palette question!
#1  November 07, 2007, 10:31:35 pm
  • Inner Beast
umm I'm creating a character and understand the transparency concept.
What I need to know is that i have lets use ryu for example: Ryu standing sprite, I make a palette for him standing and save it as an .ACT file okay. However if he were to use a special and his standing sprite colour changes to like a bright blue flash(a bit like charging up a meter or going super saiyan), and after setting the ryu bright flash sprite set up for fighter factory, do I need to save another .ACT file for the bright flash palette? or can I save over one .ACT file?

If I confuse you I shall send some pictures of my W.I.P

Re: quick palette question!
#2  November 07, 2007, 10:40:35 pm
You can change palette during a match. Use palfx in your coding. Or add sprites that have new colors, the new colors must be added to your palettes in free color slots - do that for all of your palettes.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3  November 07, 2007, 10:45:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
or add the new sprites with unshared palette in the end of the sprite file. that makes it 3 ways to do it.
#4  November 07, 2007, 10:48:54 pm
  • Inner Beast
so thats unshared palette..okay ill try that sound promising. thanks and ill let you know if it works
_________
Oh wait problem is i'm setting up my sprites from photoshop and HAVE to save the .ACT palette file...so do i save over the first .ACT palette file that i already have or make a new one with different name?
#5  November 07, 2007, 11:03:48 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
dif. one