YesNoOk

brokenMUGEN1.0 v1.00 (640x480) by two4teezee and Saikoro (Read 158873 times)

Started by two4teezee, October 01, 2011, 03:34:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: brokenMUGEN1.0 v1.00 (640x480) by two4teezee and Saikoro
#101  February 09, 2012, 01:16:24 am
  • Keepin' it SSStylish!
    • USA
Wow. I've never seen a talking mutt before.
#102  February 14, 2012, 01:54:05 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/two4teezee
#103  February 14, 2012, 03:45:37 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
If you had kept reading, you would've seen that I suggested something else: Have the win sound off by default, and let the user toggle it in the config.
#104  February 14, 2012, 03:52:55 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I recommend something simple:

Simply remove the Sound. I would imagine that whoever wants that sound removed doesn't like how it's timing is off with certain characters. I've experienced this offbeat rhythm with some.... specific.... characters, and yes, it's odd hearing "Get Ready for the Next Battle" 15 seconds before the graphic overlay displays, especially with characters with exclusive KO effects.

There is no reason for an update to rectify this problem for everyone: It's a CHARACTER SPECIFIC issue. Simply remove the issue by editing it yourself. It's Mugen after all.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#105  February 14, 2012, 05:41:52 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/two4teezee
#106  February 15, 2012, 02:55:31 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Fine :x

...at least update the sound clip.  Use the one from Tekken 6 or Tekken Tag 2.
#107  February 15, 2012, 03:00:46 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Good preferences for sure.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#108  April 25, 2012, 10:54:38 am
    • jayblayde@gmail.com
1st, thank you for bringing this legendary screenpack to 1.0, a friend of mine showed me and it juiced me up to jump back into the Mugen world.
Great job, thank the both of you for your creativity and hard work.

Now, the only thing I'm having an issue with is getting the Broken98 lifebars to work again. I did what was instructed.
I removed the "M" from the "fight = ../../broken98/fightM.def" line in the "bM1point0/BrokenMugen/Def/System48.def", yet the mesh bars are still up. I even went as far as deleting the "M" in the other System### files, no change in lifebars. Am I missing something...in instructions or files?

Thank you again.
#109  April 27, 2012, 07:09:59 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
1st, thank you for bringing this legendary screenpack to 1.0, a friend of mine showed me and it juiced me up to jump back into the Mugen world.
Great job, thank the both of you for your creativity and hard work.

Now, the only thing I'm having an issue with is getting the Broken98 lifebars to work again. I did what was instructed.
I removed the "M" from the "fight = ../../broken98/fightM.def" line in the "bM1point0/BrokenMugen/Def/System48.def", yet the mesh bars are still up. I even went as far as deleting the "M" in the other System### files, no change in lifebars. Am I missing something...in instructions or files?

Thank you again.

I checked into this, and I myself have no problem switching between both the mesh and standard bars.

The only thing to say here is make sure after changing the "fightM" description, make sure you're selecting the right layout to start BrokemMugen. In laymens terms, make sure you didn't select the 120 slot shortcut after editing the 48 slot .def file.

#110  May 05, 2012, 05:28:56 pm
  • There is no reason for it!
    • Niue
Is it possible to insert his own Intro in brokenMugen?
Playing Street Fighter since
1994-20??
#111  May 05, 2012, 07:10:53 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Is it possible to insert his own Intro in brokenMugen?

Any type of introduction and lifebar style may be used within BrokenMugen, just as with any other screenpack. Just make sure your directories within your fight.def and system.def are properly set.

#112  May 19, 2012, 04:14:18 am
excellent screen pack, its so obvious, that this was something someone put alot of time and quality into
gratz

i am having some issues so ill aska  few questions for give my noob ness

i wanna install the Virtua Fighter 5 inspired lifebars, im nooby at lifebars as it is, but with the way the screenpack is installed its even harder..can anyone walk me through it smoothly?

second, is there anyway to to fit everything  in fullscreen, i know it was meant for a certain resolution, but i like fullscreen and there has to be a work around?
thanks
#113  May 19, 2012, 04:47:31 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
If you're looking to install new lifebars, its easy. Simply replace all of the lifebar contents with what you want in the proper folder. Then go into your system.def file and change fightM.def/fight.def to what you need to.

Full Screen mode?? Please be more specific...

Let me know if what I mentioned helped. And thanks for the props, I really appreciate it.  :sugoi:

#114  May 19, 2012, 05:37:18 am
  • Lurker and Appreciator of MUGEN
    • USA
With all the posts here, I feel like re-booting some Broken Mugen. Time for a roster overhaul!  Expect a video soon.

Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:18:36 am by TheShinHado
#115  May 19, 2012, 05:35:55 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
With all the posts here, I feel like re-booting some Broken Mugen. Time for an overhaul!  Expect a video soon.

What do you have in mind?? I'm curious. Hit me up with a PM.

#116  May 23, 2012, 06:33:30 am
If you're looking to install new lifebars, its easy. Simply replace all of the lifebar contents with what you want in the proper folder. Then go into your system.def file and change fightM.def/fight.def to what you need to.

Full Screen mode?? Please be more specific...

Let me know if what I mentioned helped. And thanks for the props, I really appreciate it.  :sugoi:

ya, im sure not sure what that entails, your setup for lifebars is a bit different, all i know is the V5LB have everything in a folder, it, be great if you cub be super specific with step by step instructions

also, ya fullscreen, you cant use it without seeing everything. the bottom get cut off a bit
#117  May 27, 2012, 12:04:48 am
  • Insert Personal Text here...
    • Mexico
Hi! First of all, I want to thank you very much for your awesome screenpack, it's beautiful. ;)

By the way, the other day, I was playing with Jmorphman's Ken versus his Kyo, and I don't know why, but when I was in that match, suddenly some letters of "First attack", "Danger", "Aerial combo" started to appear, by some weird reason I restarted the MUGEN and they didin't appeared again, why happen that, I liked it :sugoi:
#118  May 27, 2012, 12:36:00 am
    • El Salvador
Hi! First of all, I want to thank you very much for your awesome screenpack, it's beautiful. ;)

By the way, the other day, I was playing with Jmorphman's Ken versus his Kyo, and I don't know why, but when I was in that match, suddenly some letters of "First attack", "Danger", "Aerial combo" started to appear, by some weird reason I restarted the MUGEN and they didin't appeared again, why happen that, I liked it :sugoi:

Some people program that letters in the characters, maybe u was using one with them.
#119  May 27, 2012, 05:21:24 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+

Thanks for your feedback. It makes me grin whenever I read positive comments.

Coding for the combo announcer differs from character to character: some authors program an announcer for that character that nullifies BrokenMugen's. Sometimes, the coding overlaps so that both the character and BrokenMugen's appear at the same time.

It's also known that with newer 1.0 releases, BrokenMugen's announcer system does not work at all.

#120  May 30, 2012, 04:36:58 am
  • Insert Personal Text here...
    • Mexico
Thanks for your feedback. It makes me grin whenever I read positive comments.
You're welcome ;)

Coding for the combo announcer differs from character to character: some authors program an announcer for that character that nullifies BrokenMugen's. Sometimes, the coding overlaps so that both the character and BrokenMugen's appear at the same time.

It's also known that with newer 1.0 releases, BrokenMugen's announcer system does not work at all.
So how I can activate them? With a code or something?
Thank you :)