YesNoOk

Halo 3 Baby!!! (Read 35320 times)

Started by Toph The Earthbender, September 17, 2007, 11:21:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Halo 3 Baby!!!
#41  September 21, 2007, 07:12:44 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Who gives a shit about storylines? SSB had/has no storyline ppl like it..

And btw Sticky grenades came from Timesplitters 2
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#42  September 21, 2007, 08:08:44 am

Mostly because people praise Halo for having such a WHOMG GOOD STORYLINE, while with smash bro's people never claim that. 

Halo is a fun game, I'll give you that.   Its just the fucking fanbase making it out as the best FPS ever, when there is a shitton better.
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#43  September 21, 2007, 08:32:10 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
S.T.A.L.K.E.R has all the stuff Halo has + hundreds of more features and has already made it's way to my top games list.

The only thing missing in stalker is vehicles BUT there is already a mod which unlocks the hidden vehicles in the game.

BOW DOWN BEFORE MY MIGHTY (and slow) EXO-SKELETON ARMOR AND MY LR-300 W/CUSTOMIZED GRENADE LAUNCHER MACHINE GUN!!!!!

And UT,Bioshock,Half-life,Max Payne (1),Timesplitters and the older Rainbow Six's before lockdown,ownz all.
#44  September 21, 2007, 10:53:55 am
  • Chicks dig me. (SDS Overfiend is the Gamertag)
    • wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html

Shit in this Hellhole they worship it.

BTW what year did sticky grenade debut in Timesplitters?
Cause if you say anything after 2001 your wrong.
i swear, Stupid muthafokkers exist all over this board!
Nonetheless Dickriders get all of the Attention!
Go Figure.
--------------
Yes online Gaming is important........ Who Else are you gonna practice on?
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html

Beta Kagetsura can still be found here.
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/Kagetsura.rar
#45  September 21, 2007, 12:06:48 pm
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#46  September 21, 2007, 06:03:19 pm
  • SNK is life
Dear Everyone

Stop sucking Halo's cock - it's short and flaccid.

Thanks, bye

walt.

P.S. Gears of war is superior.
#47  September 21, 2007, 06:04:41 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
#48  September 21, 2007, 08:58:20 pm
  • You know it!
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#49  September 21, 2007, 09:07:55 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#50  September 22, 2007, 04:01:30 am
  • Garbage Day!
I'll wait for Orange Box...oh wait I'm already playing part of it.

GamerTag: Meatball01
#51  September 22, 2007, 05:12:59 am
#52  September 22, 2007, 10:26:38 am
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#53  September 22, 2007, 05:02:22 pm
all these people hate on Halo, but in reality, the numbers don't lie. For it to be so "generic" the sales are phenomenal. Just because a select few people don't buy it, isn't going to knock it's success.

It's no suprise to me though, people will always hate what is very successful. In This case, Halo. Haze, and company will not be hated, nor will they do well in the market, lol.
#54  September 22, 2007, 05:11:05 pm
Halo doesn't really offer anything new to the table, but it tries to perfect the FPS formula that already exists. Other FPS titles can be unique, but Halo's build makes it easy for any person familiar to the usual stuff jump right in and also experience a few new things as well. Halo 3 will sell just because of it's name similar to how Madden, Zelda, and Mario take advantage of popularity.

If it didn't, then why do a lot of other shooters borrow from it? Halo did bring something new to the table, REAL DUAL WIELDING. You could wield 2 different weapons, and fire them independently. Tell me another shooter before Halo 2 that did both. Sure games let you dual wield (Goldeneye and such) and others let you fire independently (Red Faction) but no other game allowed both at the same time. That was innovative right there. And no game today does it as flawless. And it's sad.

People hate on Halo for the simple fact that it's good and more people like it than your favorite FPS. People will always hate what is great
#55  September 22, 2007, 05:14:21 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
all these people hate on Halo, but in reality, the numbers don't lie. For it to be so "generic" the sales are phenomenal. Just because a select few people don't buy it, isn't going to knock it's success.

It's no suprise to me though, people will always hate what is very successful. In This case, Halo. Haze, and company will not be hated, nor will they do well in the market, lol.

Because Halo has been over-hyped and over-advertised and Microsoft (not bungie) spread through some of their own people that "OMG,HALO RULEZ,BUY NOW!!!!" and sheep people bought it and realized that it sucked while those praising it are a minority.

If it didn't, then why do a lot of other shooters borrow from it? Halo did bring something new to the table, REAL DUAL WIELDING. You could wield 2 different weapons, and fire them independently. Tell me another shooter before Halo 2 that did both. Sure games let you dual wield (Goldeneye and such) and others let you fire independently (Red Faction) but no other game allowed both at the same time. That was innovative right there. And no game today does it as flawless. And it's sad.

People hate on Halo for the simple fact that it's good and more people like it than your favorite FPS. People will always hate what is great

Dual-wielding isn't new and many games allowed both at the same time.

As for the "People will always hate what is very successful",i don't see people hating Half-Life or many other great games.
#56  September 22, 2007, 05:18:53 pm
  • You know it!
Half-Life sucks compared to Halo.. :P
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#57  September 22, 2007, 05:20:23 pm

Because Halo has been over-hyped and over-advertised and Microsoft (not bungie) spread through some of their own people that "OMG,HALO RULEZ,BUY NOW!!!!" and sheep people bought it and realized that it sucked while those praising it are a minority.

Dual-wielding isn't new and many games allowed both at the same time.

As for the "People will always hate what is very successful",i don't see people hating Half-Life or many other great games.

name a game that allowed dual wielding, dual wielding 2 different guns, and independent fire of both guns, all at the same time, before Halo 2??? No game has done that before Halo 2. I'm sick of this "games already had dual wielding" but none has done what Halo has done with it, and every time I call an idiot out on it, they can never back it up, so I'm calling you out, name a game that combined all 3 elements of dual wielding and used them before Halo 2, name 1 game.

As for people being "tricked" into buying Halo, either you're dumb or easily manipulated into buying a game. People knew what to expect with Halo, and thats why it kept selling. If it was that bad, it would not have sold so much.

And a for sheep, there's hardly none, because if Halo 2 was that bad, Halo 3 would not have so many pre orders. The proof is in the numbers pal, and come this Tuesday, you'll see that for yourself.
Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:24:48 pm by Toph The Earthbender
#58  September 22, 2007, 05:30:05 pm
and Halo: CE came out before Timesplitters 2, stickies were in Halo: CE, unless Timesplitters 1 had em, Halo: CE had them first *I need to fire up my copy of Timesplitters 1 to find out*
#59  September 22, 2007, 05:45:17 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
And why are you double-posting?  --;

name a game that allowed dual wielding, dual wielding 2 different guns, and independent fire of both guns, all at the same time, before Halo 2??? No game has done that before Halo 2. I'm sick of this "games already had dual wielding" but none has done what Halo has done with it, and every time I call an idiot out on it, they can never back it up, so I'm calling you out, name a game that combined all 3 elements of dual wielding and used them before Halo 2, name 1 game.

As everyone else said + DEUS EX (a mod enabled it)

As for people being "tricked" into buying Halo, either you're dumb or easily manipulated into buying a game. People knew what to expect with Halo, and thats why it kept selling. If it was that bad, it would not have sold so much.

Most teenagers (mostly american) are dumb and can be easily manipulated into buying a game just because a few people bought them and they want to be "cool" and "hip" by owning the games.
Yes,it's true,the human race is still a primitive race lacking common sense even if we master the knowledge of the world,we still lack basic,common sense,and i have proof to back it up by the vast number of incident's happening in the world.

And a for sheep, there's hardly none, because if Halo 2 was that bad, Halo 3 would not have so many pre orders. The proof is in the numbers pal, and come this Tuesday, you'll see that for yourself.

Same reply as above.
#60  September 22, 2007, 06:27:10 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html

Sales don't represent success in terms of being a good game.  A great game can be poorly marketed, and a fair game can have lots of $ in marketing.  Having not much choice in the market also "forces" people to buy an inferior product.  A game's value should only consider the game itself, not the number of people who forked over cash for it.  I won't make a GWB comparison... wait.

Goldeneye.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.