#21  March 01, 2012, 11:46:25 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

GOH

Re: Bioshock infinite
#22  March 28, 2012, 04:15:45 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.shacknews.com/article/73052/bioshock-infinites-sirens-revealed-in-new-trailer

A new trailer for Bioshock Infinite shows off a new enemy type players will have to contend with while galivanting around the floating city of Columbia. The Sirens--floating, banshee-like ethereal creatures--have the ability to bring back enemies back from the dead to do some more fighting.

-Trailer in the link-

Bioshock Infinite's creative director, Ken Lavine, weighs in with art director Nate wells and lead artist Shawn Robertson to chat a bit about the origin of the new enemy-type as well, explaining that it was inspired by a specific period in American history when the notion of ghosts and the idea of communicating with the dead became all the rage.

Bioshock Infinite is scheduled to hit PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on October 16.

Siren = Female Arch-vile?

Me likes.
Re: Bioshock infinite DELAYED
#23  May 09, 2012, 05:28:11 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."

GOH

#24  May 09, 2012, 08:33:36 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal

:qq:
#25  May 11, 2012, 09:39:46 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
 :'(

If they pull something like this, I hope the game is not disappointing as it was the second one.
#26  May 11, 2012, 09:41:21 pm
The 2nd one wasn't made by the main devs tho.

GOH

#27  August 10, 2012, 11:25:43 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
rip bioshock

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75215/report-bioshock-infinite-multiplayer-modes-axed-game-still-on-track

More troubling news for BioShock Infinite. After reports of key departures from the studio, another report has surfaced, claiming that the long-rumored multiplayer modes for the game have been axed.

Two co-op modes have been reportedly cut, including a tower-defense mode that "never worked." Players would be placed into an arcade machine, where they would fight against waves of enemy toys. The second co-op mode was internally called "Spec-Ops," as it was similar to the co-op modes from the most recent Modern Warfare games. As in Call of Duty, players would work together in missions inspired by the single player campaign.

According to Kotaku, both modes were axed, and it's unclear if any multiplayer modes remain.

Speaking to the site, Irrational's Ken Levine assured fans that, despite the setbacks, the game is still "on track" to meet its already-delayed February release. Pointing out that staff members leaving is something to be expected in the industry, Levine noted that much of the core team is still intact. "As far as the team itself, the lead artist, the art director, the creative director, the lead effects artist, the senior sound guy, the lead programer and the lead AI programmer from BioShock 1 are all on BioShock Infinite. I don't think there's a single senior BioShock team member that isn't here, which I think is amazing and a testament to their commitment to the studio."
#28  August 10, 2012, 11:53:12 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Bioshock 2 already had multiplayer, but then again that was not very good. Maybe it's just good that they axed it here.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."

DMK

#29  August 10, 2012, 11:11:49 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Thats the best thing and news to come from this game in a while.
#30  August 10, 2012, 11:13:53 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I care only for the single player in Bioshock anyway

GOH

#31  February 18, 2013, 01:14:13 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.shacknews.com/article/77856/bioshock-infinite-trailer-continues-columbia-a-modern-day-icarus

Dear publishers, if you are insistent upon releasing trailers that show anything other than gameplay footage (and I imagine you are, what with them really helping sell games and all but shh I am feigning indignation), please take some hint from BioShock Infinite's fine series 'Columbia, a Modern Day Icarus?'. No pre-rendered cinematics, dragging shots of developers talking, or staged in-engine nonsense, just delightful flavour. Part two's out now, by the way.

The pleasing fake 70s/80s documentary series Truth from Legend's look into the mysteries of Columbia continues with the supposed monstrous Songbird seen buzzing about the floating city, and the so-called Lamb of Columbia.

One imagines the final episode will come out a few weeks after the game's March 26 launch, once a now-ancient Alistair Bloom plays it and finds out what was actually going on.