YesNoOk

Cruz's Projects: ????? ??? [Divinewolf] (Read 256020 times)

Started by Cruz, December 02, 2015, 12:21:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cruz's Projects: Yoko [DivineWolf] - Requesting Play Testers
#21  February 11, 2017, 11:17:39 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I'm giving a try.
I'll send you a feedback in PM :)
#22  February 12, 2017, 03:31:01 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Solid! Like it.

Typo in the readme...
Rittonasutoraiku into Hai... the Sakasa Uchi part is hold UF, p, not F, p
#23  February 12, 2017, 04:19:01 pm
  • Also in the sky, the strength of love has wings...
    • Mexico
Back again after losing progress and restarting. The first post has been updated with beta version of the character for those willing to test and give some feedback.
It's missing:
  • Kick Throw, Shimon!, Kamina!, and all hypers
  • Voices and some sound effects
  • Fix various system functions (Intro, win, lose...)
All of these will be implemented soon along with a palette template for those interested in making a palette for the character.

@HadeS: If you're still here you don't mind making the hyper fonts?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Too rōmaji for them, it would be like this:

This is just a suggestion of mine for you, you can take it or not, I'm giving you some help, as well as applying a Loketest for Yoko... Read ya!
Re: Cruz's Projects: Yoko [DivineWolf] - Requesting Play Testers and Palettes
#24  February 15, 2017, 03:46:49 am
    • Canada
Rittonasutoraiku into Hai... the Sakasa Uchi part is hold UF, p, not F, p

- Fixed

Too rōmaji for them, it would be like this:

This is just a suggestion of mine for you, you can take it or not, I'm giving you some help, as well as applying a Loketest for Yoko... Read ya!

-Sounds like a nice suggestion. It's like that because it felt strange for the movelist to have two languages but do you have suggestions for the rest of the moves?

Thank you for the feedback!

The palette template as been moved to the first post.
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:37:49 am by Cruz
#25  February 15, 2017, 05:37:59 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
i knew you by your edits on zzzasd's cvs clark. that was a good one. and good for this one. keeping you on my following list. just wanna say can you update your first post with the info. of your previous works plz?
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#26  February 15, 2017, 05:47:16 am
    • Canada
I've appeared to have lost it I think as the only thing before this was Clark. Sorry.
Or do you mean have a link or something to my older works?
Projects
#27  February 15, 2017, 11:33:05 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
yes
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.

DW

Re: Cruz's Projects: Yoko [DivineWolf] - Requesting Palettes
#28  February 16, 2017, 02:39:19 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I didn't get too in depth, but from what I did, she feels ok. There are some things I want to note/address:

-Her hitboxes could be optimized. Get into a habit/rhythm of mapping them yourself. It looks like you just used Waru's Air, which is fine for the most part. Although, a lot of the hitboxes are excessive. Like her stance for instance. Using two boxes on the first frame and just using clsn constant works fine. There's no need for 3, while having her torso box move with her stance on every frame. This is just one of many examples. I feel confident enough in myself over the years to suggest you looking over my chars for guidance if need be. Though there's plenty more you could reference as well. Like PotS' later works, Rajaa's stuff, JMM, etc.

-I'm not really seeing the point of the EX running special. Aside from her moving faster I guess...? I know the follow ups have special properties, though that shouldn't defer you from giving the running portion a special property as well. Try something like having it resist projectiles. I have several chars you can reference, if you want to know how to apply that property.

-Be sure to take note of the way I detect my helpers. It's different from the way PotS does it. There's coding in the CMD and state -3 that you have to adjust accordingly. KFM has no helpers, so I comment that coding out, as it will make the char crash if they have no helpers in that way. Though Yoko has them, and you will have to apply it. Psylocke would be my first suggestion as a starting primer to applying it correctly, as she's more than likely the easiest to understand. Though whoever it may be, is up to you.

Whenever I feel up to it, I'll get more in depth and see if there's anything else of note. Though as it stands now, you're on the right track.
#29  February 16, 2017, 03:33:47 am
    • Canada
-Her hitboxes could be optimized. Get into a habit/rhythm of mapping them yourself. It looks like you just used Waru's Air, which is fine for the most part. Although, a lot of the hitboxes are excessive. Like her stance for instance. Using two boxes on the first frame and just using clsn constant works fine. There's no need for 3, while having her torso box move with her stance on every frame. This is just one of many examples. I feel confident enough in myself over the years to suggest you looking over my chars for guidance if need be. Though there's plenty more you could reference as well. Like PotS' later works, Rajaa's stuff, JMM, etc.

-I'm not really seeing the point of the EX running special. Aside from her moving faster I guess...? I know the follow ups have special properties, though that shouldn't defer you from giving the running portion a special property as well. Try something like having it resist projectiles. I have several chars you can reference, if you want to know how to apply that property.

-Be sure to take note of the way I detect my helpers. It's different from the way PotS does it. There's coding in the CMD and state -3 that you have to adjust accordingly. KFM has no helpers, so I comment that coding out, as it will make the char crash if they have no helpers in that way. Though Yoko has them, and you will have to apply it. Psylocke would be my first suggestion as a starting primer to applying it correctly, as she's more than likely the easiest to understand. Though whoever it may be, is up to you.

-I did notice that when I was starting off and was running into the bad side effects of the over detailed hitboxes now. They shall be fixed then along with her attack boxes which seemed too narrow at times.

-Not sure why I held off the projectile resist during EX run but probably because I already put that property on EX jump. But I'll add it then.

- I didn't notice them there but I will utilize them now. Also is the AngleDraw in the CMD so multiple helpers can access it?

Thank you for the feedback!
Projects

DW

#30  February 16, 2017, 05:59:28 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
- I didn't notice them there but I will utilize them now. Also is the AngleDraw in the CMD so multiple helpers can access it?

Oh yeah... Maybe Psylocke isn't the best primer... Use Yuka instead. The AngleDraw is just for the shrink/grow effect the butterfly has while flying out. It's nothing to be concerned about, as that's situational. Though yeah, it there so multiple helpers can use it, w/o having to put it in every single helper state. I'll just tell you to save you time.

1. Make sure all your helpers that are attack based have a "keyctrl =1" parameter. This is so the coding in the CMD can detect them.

2. Make sure this coding is active in the CMD:

^These blocks of code handle all the detection of the helpers. Contact, juggle points, etc. If these aren't active, the char could potentially perform infinites with helpers, among many other things.

3. In State -3 this must be modified based on the state in which you char uses projectiles/helpers:

Basically you just put the states here that you DON'T want the projectile contact var to reset in. Always the states in which the char is using said projectiles. This mainly is used for special/super cancel detection, though serves many other uses as well, if you need it to. The above example is from Yuka. Give it a once over, I'm sure it'll start coming together once you do. Though if you have any other questions, I'll answer them as best I can.
Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:04:30 pm by DW
#31  February 20, 2017, 11:59:04 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
#32  February 21, 2017, 02:24:34 am
    • Canada
That's a partial palette that only covers Yoko since I didn't realize that the palette can also cover more than just the character.
Projects
#33  February 22, 2017, 04:17:24 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
That's a partial palette that only covers Yoko since I didn't realize that the palette can also cover more than just the character.

Aah...Yeah I notice that some stuff were missing hehe
Either way I decided to make a couple of palettes. Good Luck with your project! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:33:46 pm by L.E.O.N
#34  February 22, 2017, 11:55:41 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
I tried to do a psylocke one didn't come out looking good not really good at making palettes
I need more PSN friends
Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:15:32 am by morbidjoe
#35  February 23, 2017, 12:01:47 am
  • Niigasan
That looks more like chun li lol
#36  February 23, 2017, 12:09:07 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
ya that was what i was going for i ended up deleting the psylocke one i did
I need more PSN friends
#37  February 23, 2017, 12:46:46 am
  • war is always over mugen
  • the solitare blade of light
    • Uruguay
cool :D
#38  February 23, 2017, 03:21:32 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Well I made two more hehe, It's pretty fun to create palettes for her It has a lot of combinations that you can think of.
Hope you like it!
#39  February 23, 2017, 02:19:04 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
I tried to do a Faye valentine :)
The shorts came out a little weird though.

[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#40  February 23, 2017, 06:53:05 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Mei From Overwatch

Super Sonico

Zero suit Samus
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original