YesNoOk

Legendary Comic-Book Writer, Publisher and Film Producer Stan Lee Has Died. (Read 9980 times)

Started by GTOAkira, November 12, 2018, 07:48:38 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Legendary Comic-Book Writer, Publisher and Film Producer Stan Lee Has Died.
#21  November 13, 2018, 04:45:45 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#22  November 13, 2018, 07:42:48 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I thought he was gonna live forever. :/
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#23  November 15, 2018, 09:56:52 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
So how do we remember Stan Lee? For a man whose contributions are so undeniably vast and important, the immediate reaction is to remember him as a hero. Lee's success would never have happened without the people that he erased and sometimes exploited to get to where he was. While we remember Lee for the empire he built, it's also vital to remember the people who helped him. Like all human beings, Lee was flawed, but his passion and advocacy for comics was vital in keeping the medium alive. The characters he helped create often represented the best of us, even when he himself couldn't.

Perhaps the most appropriate way to respect his impact is to remember the whole ambitious man, including his mistakes, and to work to create a better landscape for creators, to make sure they're compensated and credited appropriately. Even in eulogizing him, we can try and live up to possibly the most famous words credited to Lee: "With great power comes great responsibility."
This is a good write-up.