YesNoOk

Final Fantasy MegaThread (Read 414501 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, December 20, 2012, 07:06:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fantasy MegaThread
#641  May 10, 2019, 12:46:48 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Hey guys, guess what actually still exists?

#642  May 10, 2019, 01:06:19 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Whooooooooooooooooooo wheeeeeeeeeeee it’s about damm time.
Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:10:30 am by Beta158
#643  May 10, 2019, 02:47:55 am
It doesn't really look too different from the quick tease we saw from CC2. I thought they said they at least redesigned Cloud to be a bit more scrawny like FF7 because they didn't want to make him look like the older bulkier Advent Children version ? (well, bulkier compared to that original FF7 design anyway)
Judging by the Sephiroth hallucination, they'll put more emphasize on the mindfuck that Cloud experiences, hopefully. It'll make him look less like a delusional, mythomaniac jackass.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 02:58:10 am by Byakko
#644  May 10, 2019, 03:10:23 am
    • USA
I just want to see all the goofy shit I loved about FFVII.   Where's cross dressing Cloud in Don Corneo's love palace?  Where's the Tifa vs Scarlet bitch-slapping minigame?

Where the fuck is Cait Sith?
#645  May 10, 2019, 03:14:12 am
Where the fuck is Cait Sith?
Part 2 most likely, won't the Gold Saucer be later ? They never even remotely showed the tiniest hint that we'll see anything outside Midgar in the first part, I'm not expecting too much. Bitchslap fight would be even later.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#646  May 10, 2019, 03:56:47 am
    • USA
Part 2?  Are they breaking it up into multiple releases or something?  I know it was a huge game back in the day but they've gotta be able to squeeze it all onto one disc by now.

I just wanna see how they reconcile all the ridiculous junk that makes FFVII what it is with the hardcore, action packed look they're pushing now.  Like, at some point everyone's favorite edgelord is gonna have to pop out of a coffin in a basement and transform into Jason Voorhees.
#647  May 10, 2019, 05:43:11 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
The word quickly came down in the first year that this was gonna be an episodic release

Probably because they thought they'd get something out of Nomura faster that way
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#648  May 10, 2019, 06:56:10 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
If we consider the first episode to being the entire first disc they will have to show all the party members at some point They haven't even shown Tifa yet.
#649  May 10, 2019, 12:57:35 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I wonder how they will handle some of the controversial shit the original game had, also it seems like Sephy got a new VA.
Lasagna
#650  May 20, 2019, 06:37:51 pm
From reddit, grain of salt etc.

2 parts, all of disc 1 then everything else, both full price
Playable demo coming (ps plus required because fuck everyone I guess)
Femcloud (fade to black, you don't see him change) and squats are in
Characters designs are faithful but touched up, redesigned monsters, Red XIII clones
Toned down smoking and verbal abuse because it's 2020 I mean 2019
Regular light hits do chip damage, triangle heavy hit finishers do the actual damage (makes me think of Dissidia)
heavy hits change with the weapon equipped, you see the actual equipped weapon and even the materia on the weapon slots (weapons only, not accessories)

... apparently the guy also says shops are preparing for preorders already, makes the whole thing sound like bullshit because I have no hope of seeing it for another year. Two parts only sounds also a bit off to me because it's a whole fucking planet they have to model even in the first disc. Too much work for no reason.
Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:55:27 pm by Byakko
#651  May 20, 2019, 09:43:12 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Yeah I'm not sure about the validity of that considering every single thing they've shown so far is Midgar

If that first ep is all of disc 1 then this thing isn't coming out until 2030
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#652  June 10, 2019, 05:33:33 am
    • Colombia
2020 03 03

Almost there
#653  June 10, 2019, 05:51:58 am
    • Colombia
The new final fantástico tactis amazing

#654  June 10, 2019, 06:07:22 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I was expecting an HD version of the FFT graphic style, shame.
Lasagna
#655  June 10, 2019, 11:57:54 am
Almost there
wtf is that Heidegger ? Talk about a redesign. And I assume those are generic enemy spirits at the end harassing Aerith...
The new final fantástico tactis amazing
I'm surprised they just ditched the original Brave Exvius story. They're calling it War of the Visions but they don't seem to be showing any of the visions from the mobile game...
edit - oh wait, duh, that's because the mobile game is still going and they want it to keep selling.
Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 01:19:04 pm by Byakko
#656  June 11, 2019, 03:46:50 am
    • Colombia
Tifaaaaaaa

#657  June 11, 2019, 03:59:33 am
    • USA
Godsdamn, the combat in Remake looks so clean.  Kingdom Hearts style attacking and movement with an ATB time-freeze mechanic for materia and limits?  Yes please.

Looking at how much production is going into just the opening Mako Reactor mission alone makes it pretty obvious why they have to split it into episodes.  This thing is going to be even more massive than the original.

:EDIT:  Ey, the red-headed stepchild of Final Fantasy makes its triumphant return.

Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 04:23:44 am by Person Man
#658  June 11, 2019, 04:25:58 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Three cheers for Squall HIP HIP HORRAY HIP HIP HORRAY HIP HIP HORRAY *Throws confetti* We thought you’d never come back to consoles!
#659  June 11, 2019, 04:40:50 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ok, reactions to both VII Remake and VIII Remaster are astonishing from myself, but especially for VIII because I thought an underlying reason why we don't see as much of it with ports and whatnot was they lost the actual source materials to, well, port or remaster.  Was a copy found?  Did they just recreate it from scratch?

Regardless of the story though, of course I'll get it.  And Remake just continues to look better and better each trailer, was already sold on it just existing.
#660  June 12, 2019, 01:04:00 am
The full 7:Re presentation

Spoiler: rundown (click to see content)
So that Reddit "leak" wasn't that far off, but half of it was most likely guesswork that wasn't too far-fetched (it did have straight up false stuff, like all of original disc 1 for the first part).

I don't really like the orchestra renditions of the couple of themes at the start like the opening theme.

Playable demo at their booth so we should see videos flooding in. I'm assuming they won't give more than the first bombing mission, and only in the reactor, not even outside in the city.

edit -
https://gematsu.com/2019/06/square-enix-uncertain-how-many-games-will-span-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-project
apparently they're still in the planning phase for part 2, so it's not impossible at all that things will change around depending on how much they want to extend the content like they did with Midgar. But the other games have a lot less content outside Midgar to draw from, so that'll probably be all about the weapons and the Ancients and Jenova lore at best, then filling up the rest of the world for Nanaki and Yuffie and so on. And Nibelheim.
At least they should only redo the second game once, not twice like they did with CC2.
Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:47:04 pm by Byakko