YesNoOk

Megaman Robot Master Mayhem 2.5 Bug Fix Release 3/24/2019 (Read 14462 times)

Started by laspacho, February 28, 2019, 07:02:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Megaman Robot Master Mayhem - Full Game Release V2.5
#21  March 03, 2019, 02:47:37 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I think NamelessOnlinePlayer means the hyper where he turns his arms into machineguns.
#22  March 03, 2019, 03:58:14 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Some feedback for Roll:
Her air version of Hyper Roll still uses her Japanese voice clips.
Her Level 3 does not land consistently with every character and is too strong when it does (I can get a touch of death combo out of it).
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#23  March 03, 2019, 04:58:06 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Some feedback for Roll:
Her air version of Hyper Roll still uses her Japanese voice clips.
Her Level 3 does not land consistently with every character and is too strong when it does (I can get a touch of death combo out of it).

Fixed, thanks
#24  March 04, 2019, 02:34:30 am
    • Mexico
I think NamelessOnlinePlayer means the hyper where he turns his arms into machineguns.

Yes. I meant that one (it's the name it had in the movelist file).
Also got at least three things to point out:
*I don't if it's intentional or not, but Burst Man's Bubble Machinegun hyper works as an overhead, which, given it's nature, shouldn't be the case.
*Some of Metal Man's hypers don't work (as in, the inputs don't work) unless he's got a full energy bar, even if they're level 1.
*Not sure how far this issue goes, but if you manage to hit Wily during his Skull Cannon hyper, it creates a clone, and I ran into a similar case where Burst Man's Bubble Trap could do the same if it hit one of Wily's Skull Fire projectiles.
I'll see if I can find more, because I think Metal Man's issue is also in other characters.
Spoiler: This has nothing to do with glitches feedback, just me playing around with the silhouettes in the credits (click to see content)
Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:46:32 am by NamelessOnlinePlayer
#25  March 04, 2019, 04:34:04 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Thanks. The issue with metal man were already fixed. It's was a wrong trigger which make him use the hypers only with 3 bars and not 1.

I will take a look on the rest.
#26  March 04, 2019, 06:39:29 am
the creators of this project must be passionated for MEGAMAN series, because the efforts to update the game is indefatigable.

with many years in mugen, it´s possible to see that O ilusionista has much talent and skills with coding.
#27  March 07, 2019, 11:30:58 am
    • Mexico
Well, I hope it's not too late to report this, but I've run into new issues:
*Roll's Level 3 hyper can actually fail during the combo with some characters, those being: Mega Man, Ice Man, Tengu Man, Top Man and Toad Man
*It's hard to replicate, but Heat Man's Spit Fireball special has OTG properties, and sometimes, when cancelling his launcher into his MK weapon, I instead get the HP weapon. And speaking of Heat Man's weapons, it seems like they're in reverse, since all punch weapons are activated with the kick commands and vice-versa.
*Also, Axl's rush hyper can fail during combo too, since the first hit never chains into the second one.
Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:39:10 am by NamelessOnlinePlayer
#28  March 07, 2019, 11:44:22 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Thanks. The first one was already fixed.
Dunno if I will have time to fix the others, but I will try.
#29  March 08, 2019, 11:20:38 pm
  • Robot Master
    • USA
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/laspacho
    • www.infinitymugenteam.com
Megaman Robot Master Mayhem 2.5 Bug Fix Release 3/8/2019
Updated link in the first Post.   :)

A big Thanks goes to .:O'Ilusionista:. for all the hard work he put in fixing all the bugs that were reported.
Please check out the RMM 2.5 Update Log.txt for additional information.
I hope everyone enjoys this release.  This will be the Final Release of Rmm V2.5 unless a game breaking bug is found.
#30  March 08, 2019, 11:22:55 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
And thanks everyone who had reported bugs here and at the discord channel.
I think I am fixed the most of them.

Unless anything really bad appears, all the bugs reported for now on will be addressed on version 3.

Thanks everyone
Re: Megaman Robot Master Mayhem 2.5 Bug Fix Release 3/8/2019
#31  March 08, 2019, 11:57:24 pm
i really would like to see Bass/Forte on this game.

Can Bass and Zero enter on this game? or is it impossible because storyboard?

they are amazing too.
#32  March 08, 2019, 11:58:20 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
If everything goes well, Bass will return in version 3.
#33  March 09, 2019, 02:50:21 am
    • Mexico
So, I decided to download the last update. I can see there were some issues fixed, but there's two that I pointed out that weren't fixed:
*I don't know if it's intentional or not, but Burst Man's Bubble Machinegun hyper works as an overhead, which, given it's nature, shouldn't be the case.

Snake Man's Snake Hunter hyper never really lands its projectiles before the opponent hits the ground. It only works with Guts Man.
I can get why the last ones I brought up weren't addressed, but was there any problem with these two? I just want to know if they couldn't be fixed in time.
#34  March 09, 2019, 03:02:23 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
I can get why the last ones I brought up weren't addressed, but was there any problem with these two?

But the last bug reports that you gave were fixed.
So I don't understand what you are saying.

I was working alone (code wise) to update and them bug fix this game. I single handed 20+ characters, from different person, with different coding skills. It was an Herculean task.

So, some bug reports could be forgotten - and I think this is expected to happen.

The only thing that makes me frustrated a bit is when people - I do prefer to think it's not intentional - thinks that I don't fix something on propouse, internationally. Like I was ignoring then.

This really turns me down a little, after all the huge effort I had. Specially when I had listen to all feedback, even from people that (it's not your case) just wants to mocks the work because they either doesn't like IMT, me, or just want to troll anyway.

But it's life.

Sorry for the rant.
#35  March 09, 2019, 03:11:01 am
    • Mexico
I can get why the last ones I brought up weren't addressed, but was there any problem with these two?

But the last bug reports that you gave were fixed.
So I don't understand what you are saying.

I was working alone (code wise) to update and them bug fix this game. I single handed 20+ characters, from different person, with different coding skills. It was an Herculean task.

So, some bug reports could be forgotten - and I think this is expected to happen.

The only thing that makes me frustrated a bit is when people - I do prefer to think it's not intentional - thinks that I don't fix something on propouse, internationally. Like I was ignoring then.

This really turns me down a little, after all the huge effort I had. Specially when I had listen to all feedback, even from people that (it's not your case) just wants to mocks the work because they either doesn't like IMT, me, or just want to troll anyway.

But it's life.

Sorry for the rant.

Sorry if the answer comes to sound hostile too, but you could've just said you forgot to fix them and I wouldn't have complained at all. My intention wasn't to criticize your work or the likes, and I made sure my words were as straight to the point as possible with it. I only asked if those issues with Burst Man and Snake Man couldn't be fixed. No more, no less.

Though, you are right about the last post, I didn't test Heat Man yet, but I did with Roll, Axl, Snake Man and Burst Man. So apologies for that on my behalf.

lui

Megaman Robot Master Mayhem 2.5 In-Depth impressions and review
#36  March 09, 2019, 04:33:41 am
    • USA
I've said this in the discord so this may come off as a repeat post to some:

most of the review will be focusing on pure gameplay critique instead of things that can be subjectively debated such as screenpack quality, sound design, etc.

anyways, despite all the fixes that o ilu did, i honestly think this game will always feel flawed and sloppy due to the pure gameplay design concepts presented in all the characters as a whole.

most of the cast can switch between different special variants of the qcf + k action, 6 in total. this bloats each character that DOES have it even more as there are alot of specials that end up not serving any other purpose other than being a gimmick, which ends up being useless when you have other specials that effectively do it's job but much better.

Most of the cast suffers from this and for some reason certain characters don't have it at all, such as protoman who feels alot more simple to play, which would sound better in concept except for the problem of comboing in this game feels extremely sloppy. movesets are also extremely weird at times concept wise. Gutsman as a whole is just...weird. weird sprites, supers, chaining, specials, animations, everything. he's honestly the epitome of all the issues i have with the game

most normals have awkward, stilted animations that sort of feel like filler, as in, there's not much reason to use said normal unless it's to extend a chain for 1 or 2 more hits. problem is, most normals cannot even cancel into specials at all. in return, most specials can't combo into supers properly. which is a problem for a game that tries to emulate the old vs style games presented in games such as marvel vs capcom and such. alot of combos barely even do much damage which is made worse due to the damage scaling kicking in pretty early, which makes fights drag out more and more than it should.

this makes neutrals basically reliant on setplay and essentially just pressuring your opponent with zoning tools and just pretty much finding the stuff that feels broken instead of finding ways to find combos that feel fun.

the ai is also weirdly inconsistent as well. some ai on the characters feel perfectly normal to fight against, however some ai such as enker are just extremely more aggressive than any human can really act like. it makes playing through arcade mode tiresome and frustrating.

and then there's also little things that add up, such as voice acting honestly not being good at all, but that's subjective to be fair. there's alot of weird supers that feel super out of place, constant envshake with certain characters that make some supers honestly hard to look at.

the only character that actually feels really fun to play is enker simply due to how simple he is and the fact his combo chaining actually feels somewhat consistent and natural. he can actually cancel normals into supers and such. he does suffer from the constant envshake and ai problems but i'd rather play as him out of any other character in the roster.

essentially, at the end of the day, the game, simply is not fun. it doesn't feel fun to play despite all the technical updates happening behind the scenes.

as much as i appreciate that this game finally came out and how much work o ilu is putting in for the latest update, which i respect, i am honestly quite disappointed with how much effort was put in to a product that was super flawed and inconsistent from the get-go. i suggest looking at more design guidelines on games that do this sort of style well to get a better idea on how to design a game like this, such as skullgirls. it could help out in the future.
Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:40:40 am by Walruslui
#37  March 09, 2019, 05:02:27 am
  • Robot Master
    • USA
I don't agree Walruslui, but to each his own.  ;)
#38  March 09, 2019, 07:40:23 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So I tested Burst Man again (Because he's one of my favorite O Ilusionista's works) and I may have found another issue with the character:

If you manage to catch the opponent with Danger Wrap and wait for the mine to explode instead, you can trap them again with the same move. Since they can block after the mine explodes, it can be spammed until they have no health left. I just found this out when I was trying out a cool combo by using Danger Wrap and then following it up with Bubble Trap. That's when I realized I could use Danger Wrap again, which resulted to that infinite. This is somewhat game breaking as I can literally beat everyone in the roster with this method. So hopefully this can be fixed.

I don't agree Walruslui, but to each his own.  ;)
Nah, he's right. There's even a bunch of detail and aesthetic issues I have with the characters as they aren't consistent with each other. Some hitsparks are bigger than others, one using default mugen hit sounds, one using MvC hit sounds, the kicks use the same hit sound, etc. If I also can beat everyone with Burst Man using that same method I posted, then there's something wrong. You should still take his feedback into consideration.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:50:26 am by SolidZone 26
#39  March 09, 2019, 01:51:41 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
NamelessOnlinePlayer No hard feelings, at all. I was being more generical rather than targeting you.

SolidZone 26 Thanks for the feedback. This is why I decided to wait to update all the standalone characters.
About this "Some hitsparks are bigger than others, one using default mugen hit sounds, one using MvC hit sounds, the kicks use the same hit sound, etc" if you can make me a list I can take a look at it.

Walruslui Thanks for your feedback! There are points where I agree with like, like:

most of the cast can switch between different special variants of the qcf + k action, 6 in total. this bloats each character that DOES have it even more as there are alot of specials that end up not serving any other purpose other than being a gimmick, which ends up being useless when you have other specials that effectively do it's job but much better.

As I told at Discord, I agree with this and I brought the subject to the team. But the idea were rejected.
So there isn't too much I can do. What I tried to do was to make each power set to work different from each one. For example, Fire Man - prior to my revamp - where using moves that worked in exactly the same way (same mechanics) with just different graphics.

Gutsman as a whole is just...weird. weird sprites, supers, chaining, specials, animations, everything. he's honestly the epitome of all the issues i have with the game
I SO agree with you. As I told at Discord (and I think I told them at IMT too), I would remove Guts Man from the game.
I don't like his sprites, his animations and his codes - at all. It's the character I most dislike from the game and the one I barely touched - I fixed just few minor things because I can't stand the character myself.

Most of the cast suffers from this and for some reason certain characters don't have it at all, such as protoman who feels alot more simple to play,
There are only 3 cases of" powerset -less" characters. The reason for Proto Man doesn't having power sets was explained in his intro history.
Rush doesn't have because it doesn't fits him. And Enker is a Robot Killer (a different class from the other robots) and we thought this won't fit him too.

-------

I would like more information, if its possible, about this:
problem is, most normals cannot even cancel into specials at all. in return, most specials can't combo into supers properly.
At least, the characters I have coded from the ground up (Burst Man, Enker and Metal Man) have this and the others I half coded (Fire Man, Top Man and Roll) have it also.

Now there are some points where I don't agree with you. We have different opinions about those subjects:

some ai on the characters feel perfectly normal to fight against, however some ai such as enker are just extremely more aggressive than any human can really act like.
constant envshake with certain characters that make some supers honestly hard to look at.

Please do not understand that I have something against you or that I am taking things personally, but I believe that these points are based (or at least greatly influenced) from a personal opinion of you regarding my work. And I say this after reading your comments on the transmission that Kamekazi made about the game (which was what motivated me to fix the game), where you said something like "everything O Ilusionista does is jank". Even I had never heard that expression and learned it from you :) So much so that I added it to my profile.

Both very aggressive artificial intelligence and the use of envshake are trademarks of my work, as if they were my signature. I like them that way - I think special attacks without envshake do not convey the necessary impact and people who play with the things I do expect the AI to be very aggressive.

I'm sorry you do not like this - I do not see any problem with that, it's your right after all. But these are things I do not want to change because I personally like them that way.

Again, thank you for your extensive feedback.

#40  March 09, 2019, 07:32:11 pm
  • Robot Master
    • USA
Thank you everyone for all the Bug Reports.

Walruslui:
The hit sparks will be looked at for Rmm 3.0.  Our game gets better with each and every release.
I like how Gutsman currently looks, and I would absolutely like to update his sptites in the future.. 
I think the power sets in my opinion really define the game.  It gives every character different options but not everything at the same time.  :)
Do I read suggestions like yours?  Yes I love reading them.  Some suggestions and ideas will eventually be added/updated and are great ideas.
If you have something useful and constructive to say, I'm always happy to listen.

Edit:
I wrote this very badly the first time and that was not intended. 
I read and take all feedback to heart and I'm always happy to read it.  Thank you.