YesNoOk

Sonic Stage - Winter  (Read 12308 times)

Started by Veolf, July 01, 2012, 05:44:23 am
Share this topic:
Sonic Stage - Winter
#1  July 01, 2012, 05:44:23 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
[Hi Res Stage]
Resolution - 640x480 and 850x480.
Animated - Weather and Sprites

[Preview]

[DL]
http://mugencoder.com/stages.php?id=7

Was mostly for stage competition, but at least I got something off my chest =o
Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:48:36 am by SXVector
Re: Sonic Stage - Winter
#2  July 01, 2012, 05:58:24 am
  • "The Future is Now"
this caught me by suprise! I had no idea you were working on this Vec.

It looks great, but it clashes all to much, the abundant green rounds mixed with the snow covered background not to mention the rain.

it seems as if you just smacked a couple elements together to make this.

also i know your making a screenpack with a wide view but man 850x480 is such a strange resolution.
#3  July 01, 2012, 06:00:03 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
this caught me by suprise! I had no idea you were working on this Vec.

It looks great, but it clashes all to much, the abundant green rounds mixed with the snow covered background not to mention the rain.

it seems as if you just smacked a couple elements together to make this.

also i know your making a screenpack with a wide view but man 850x480 is such a strange resolution.

Ya it was an odd concept that I started. Since it is possible to have rain and snow at the same time and originally that how was the stage looked like with the snow already involved. As I said, I didn't have enough time, but enough to make something useful at least =o="
#4  July 01, 2012, 02:25:54 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
At least post it in the competition thread  :P
#5  July 01, 2012, 06:07:55 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Lol ok  =P but I think you already got the stage already, I did post a link, I guess I didn't post it ALL XD
#6  July 01, 2012, 06:26:02 pm
  • A rapadura é doce mas não é mole não
    • Israel
Wow!

I am impressed!

This looks really good!

Downloading now!
#7  July 01, 2012, 08:22:45 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#8  July 01, 2012, 08:24:17 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
It's not really bad manners when you're giving him an example :V
#9  July 17, 2012, 02:12:56 am
    • Darkspines22@jabber.org
I love the visuals of the stage, and the song, but it's way too busy. Seeing my character is difficult because of how distracting everything is. But I still like it, haha lol.

Also, first post, wootage.
Nothing To see here.
#10  July 17, 2012, 04:25:11 am
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
My 2 cents.

I like the concept.  Here's the reason why:

When ever I used to play Sonic, I always thought as the Sonic world being very small, with everything sort of interconnected.  So, having the Green Hill type area with the snow in the background is actually how I always thought of the Sonic worlds. I mean, he just kind of moved from area to area (especially in Sonic 3) with different types of weather and seasons.

I haven't played the stage yet,  but I do have a suggestion. Keep the rain, and remove the snow, or at least put the snow further into the background.  Other than that, I'm going to download it.  I'll try to give some real feedback if I have the time.
#11  July 17, 2012, 04:30:35 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Thanks, I don't mind improving this stage, I'll see about your feedback and lasombra's suggestion.
#12  July 17, 2012, 11:20:11 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Cybaster’s comments :
- Sonic is not a nice name for a stage. o_o
- Graphically, the BG is very nice, albeit lacking animation. However, rain+snow is too much. If anything, the snow should have appeared only in the back, near the mountains.
- Dr Eggman in old-school style clashes a lot.
- Coding : anims are fine, but the sliding man! THE SLIDING !!! If you're gonna use a localcoord of 640,480, you need delta=1,1 for the floor, not 2,2.
- Also, fight starts on the left of the stage. While I can understand this for a very long stage, to make it look like a platformer, the stage is not very wide here, and you should have just made it symmetric.
- When seeing the screenshots, I was really excited by a sort of Sonic Remix HD, but this clearly isn't the case right here. :(

ExShadow’s comments :
+ Good concept idea, though I felt as if it were a bit half assed.
+ I really like how colorful the stage is.
+/- The effects are nice, but nothing fancy.
- I'm not going to ask why the hell the characters are sliding on the floor.  Study your deltas more.
- There is little to no depth in this stage, you could have tried layering up the background.
- Why are there uncropped sprites in the .sff?  Crop your damn sprites.
- With there being snow, you could have applied an effect where the snow starts sticking to the grass/ground.
- Lightning when it's snowing?

Tamez’ comments :
- EVERY SINGLE DELTA IS WRONG DID YOU EVEN TRY THE STAGE?
- Eggman disappears on the right side because you make him an animation for some reason, but didn't place him correctly in the .sff file to account for that.  WHY IS HE A ONE SPRITE ANIMATION?
- Group 19 (Sonic) in the .sff but not the stage. 
- Lighting animations have several sprites of just nothing in them except 0 color. 
#13  July 17, 2012, 04:42:51 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Told you, didn't have enough time =/, I was going to cut out the sprites of the background one by one, but I didn't have time. I knew what comments were coming, as also with who is going to win  --;
#14  July 17, 2012, 04:54:23 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Posted this in every single stage topic of people who participated to the contest.
Doesn't change the fact that now that you have time, you can work on all the issues pointed out in the feedback. :)
Stage may have not been well noted, but that was due to lack of time and polishing perhaps. The sprites are nice, so now you have to work on the code and making something nice out of this (if you have the motivation, that is). :yes:
#15  July 17, 2012, 05:05:43 pm
nice look, Thanks a lot
#16  July 17, 2012, 05:06:06 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#17  July 17, 2012, 05:12:57 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Posted this in every single stage topic of people who participated to the contest.
Doesn't change the fact that now that you have time, you can work on all the issues pointed out in the feedback. :)
Stage may have not been well noted, but that was due to lack of time and polishing perhaps. The sprites are nice, so now you have to work on the code and making something nice out of this (if you have the motivation, that is). :yes:

I see, now I saw this feedback (especially Tamez lol), I think I can try to improve it. I knew the deltas were wrong, I made it too fast lol, guess I'll play around with that first. Then, I'll try to do it weather fx (being applied correctly). Though, it might take some time for this to be updated, lol =P
#18  July 18, 2012, 12:30:46 am
You know the whole comment about the snow and rain beginning to much...well, I actually like it because I ended up putting in some audio with Dr Eggman's voice.  The speech is Eggman talking about a weather weapon and the crazyness of rain and snow worked perfect with that concept.  I think Eggman shouldn't appear so much though (in other words the loop to which he appears should take a while) other than that I like this stage a lot.  Thanks for the stage  :sugoi: